Search results

1. ducatipaso

MK4 Wheel Identification? More info on this car?

this is what TT fat fives look like on a mk4
  2. ducatipaso

MK4 Wheel Identification? More info on this car?

those are not TT fat fives
  3. ducatipaso

oops! I did it again - back in the TDI game

more parts coming in tomorrow, and had another 700 mile tank the other day.
  4. ducatipaso

Refinishing a Set of Avus Rims

the Wurth paint is worth every penny
  5. ducatipaso

.681 Gears or Tune ?

the one that @burpod custom made for me!
  6. ducatipaso

.681 Gears or Tune ?

hey I got an FE boost from my @burpod tune I'm just sayin
  7. ducatipaso

FS: set of 4 nice condition Avus wheels 5x100 for mk4 in Norcal - pickup only

I PROMISE pics by Tuesday. this is what they looked like on my Jetta
  8. ducatipaso

FS: set of 4 nice condition Avus wheels 5x100 for mk4 in Norcal - pickup only

tires are trash. a set of cheap chinese centercaps as well as a few misc OEM caps without the emblems. norcal pickup only. make me an offer. I want this out of my garage. since the moderators are so strict, it's $100 for the set plus one hour of your time at a bar over a beer so we can chat.
  9. ducatipaso

Looking for a Trusted TDI Mechanic/Guru in Greater Sacramento/Norcal

howdy neighbor! I live right up the road in Folsom. What's their rate at Drakes for a proper TDI oil change?
  10. ducatipaso

how do you guys feel about this TB kit? It's expensive, but comprehensive. https://www.idparts.com/timing-belt-kit-oem-alh-p-3611.html
  11. ducatipaso

yeah they're 260s, should net a nice performance and economy boost
  12. ducatipaso

exactly. the EGR is already disabled, I am just looking to clean up a lil airflow while I'm in there replacing the intake with a clean one. I'd run a race pipe if I could but I wouldn't pass the visual.
  13. ducatipaso

copper has a very high melting point - I am not worried about it at all. it's used often for exhaust gaskets.
  14. ducatipaso

basically I want to fab up a copper gasket that will also serve as a blockoff plate. reproduce the gasket with thicker material, but don't cut out the large hole. is my logic not sound?
  15. ducatipaso

so @burpod and others, what do you recommend? whatever I do has to be invisible to California emissions inspection. I was considering 24ga copper, sounds like I need more?
  16. ducatipaso

that's pretty thick - what was the end result?
  17. ducatipaso

yep same basic principle - copper is great for exhaust gaskets and easy to work with so no matter what that's probably the 'piece of sheet metal' I'll use
  18. ducatipaso

I'll most likely fab up a "gasket" out of something like this to act as a block off plate https://www.amazon.com/Copper-Thickness-Scratches-Attached-Plates/dp/B09ZVGKNK5
  19. ducatipaso

@J_dude - thanks for that link. This is exactly what I want to do. I'm going the simple route, remove the flap, and install a thin blockoff plate vs the gasket where the exhaust comes in.