Search results

1. DieselJeff

Lowell, Ma

Sent using Tapatalk.
  2. DieselJeff

VCDS VAG-COM Locator

7/22/2011 - It appears that Google "upgraded" their maps and when they did all the emails listed disappeared. So, now there are email links for each listing that point NOWHERE! It's not realistic for me to replace them all especially since it may happen again. So, the only way to make contact...
  3. DieselJeff

9W7 upgrade, had to add left channel for stereo audio

I'm posting this here so others that choose to upgrade from 9W3 to 9W7 in a '10 Jetta Sedan to get "Streaming BT Stereo Audio" can find the answer quickly. After installing the 9W7 module I noticed that I only had right channel audio when streaming Pandora from my Droid. Another post...
  4. DieselJeff

Hard wire radar detector in '10 Jetta Sedan

I'm looking to run a radar detector power wire from around the rear view mirror across the top left of the window and down the pillar. Where is the best place to tap in for the hot wire and ground?
  5. DieselJeff

Mt. Washington New Hampshire

I'm taking the family up Mt. Washington tomorrow morning. I haven't been up the mountain in a few years and never been in a car, always gone up on a motorcycle. We'll be taking the baby 2010 Jetta TDI that only has 900 miles on it. Since I'm still well within the breakin period should I do...
  6. DieselJeff

New Jetta TDI in accident

So I bought a new '10 Jetta TDI and when I had 500 miles on it someone smashed into it in a parking lot. I was lucky enough that they found me to let me know. It's currently at the body shop where it's been for a couple weeks now. The damage consists of smashed rear quarter panel and the left...
  7. DieselJeff

EGR Question

I've done some searching and couldn't find the answer, please point to the answer if it's around. I've got a 2010 Jetta Sedan and I'm trying to figure out if I need to adjust the EGR as I did in my old 03 Golf. I hooked up the VAG but didn't see that it could be adjusted like the 03 unless I...
  8. DieselJeff

Great MPG right off the lot?

I picked up a new '10 Jetta Sedan yesterday. Since then I've put about 100 miles on it and the display shows ~50MPG. It's mostly highway and I'm not driving at steady speeds during the initial break in period. I was expecting ~35ish to start then get increasingly better. Should I expect this...
  9. DieselJeff

Getting back into a TDI (hopefully)

Getting back into a TDI *Update* 8/27 I haven't posted here in a couple years as I got rid of my 03 Golf in trade for a 09 Jetta gasser. Had no choice at the time because a newborn and a 2Dr Golf just wouldn't cut it, we needed more room. Unfortunately that was during the time that the TDI's...
  10. DieselJeff

3 Power Outlets in 2009 Jetta SE

Can someone tell me where the second power outlet is in a 2009 Jetta SE. Everything I see online says there are two up front and one in the rear, however, I can't locate the second one up front. The only one I see is in the ash tray.
  11. DieselJeff

2003 2dr Golf Tdi for Sale 9,000

I'm most likely trading the car on Friday. I need a larger car for a baby on the way in December. I'm in Merrimack, NH. Email me at jeff@webmeyers.com 9,000 OBO 2003 112,000 miles EGR is removed Sprint 520 Nozels Minor damage to the rear bumper. Serious inquiries only please as I plan on...
  12. DieselJeff

Reverse lights not working

I have an 03' Golf Tdi 5 speed and the reverse lights are not working. I see some else posted the same issue. What do you suggest I do? Is there a relay or switch that I can swap out?
  13. DieselJeff

windshield wipers stopped working

So, I was on my way to work this evening in a heavy wet snow storm and my wipers stopped half way down. I imagine something let go because of the weight of the snow because I can freely move the blades by hand with no resistance. What am I in for in the AM when I check it out? Will this be an...
  14. DieselJeff

FS: 2003 Golf Tdi

Here is what is for sale. 2003 Golf Tdi with: 70,000 Miles Sprint 520 nozzles Old Man Intake DG Racepipe Tdi Heater Here is the situation. After the mods I took the car to a local shop in NH to have a G60 clutch and flywheel installed. They messed up somehow and the tranny case was...
  15. DieselJeff

FS 2003 Golf Tdi

delete deleted
  16. DieselJeff

A4 Shift problem

I've got an A4 Golf that is still grinding into reverse after everything but the master cylinder has been replaced. The tranny, slave cylinder, cluch, pressure plate, flywheel....all replaced. The guys at the shop are stumped. Could the master cylinder on a 2003 be the cause of the problem?
  17. DieselJeff

Clutch does not completely disengage

After having my 3 Golf Tdi clutch swapped for the VR6 clutch and flywheel I have not been able to fully disengage the clutch. This cause grinding in reverse and tough to get into first. Since then I have had parts replaced inside the tranny, new clutch and flywheel(again). This problem does not...
  18. DieselJeff

Internet voice idea.

A program called Teamspeak 2 is avalable for anyone to talk over the internet to each other. I used to use it for online gaming but now I just use it for talking to friends and family. It requires a server which I have set up here at home. I would like to offer the use of it to all...
  19. DieselJeff

engine mount gone?

I have recently had a local garage install a new clutch for me and believe the tranny mount is gone. It's an 03 Golf and I notice looking from the front it appears that the tranny side is sagging a bit compared to the engine side. If you look at the pic you will see that the engine is leaning...
  20. DieselJeff

Pictures from the HO5G's GTG Aug 13, 2005

Pictures from the HO5G\'s GTG Aug 13, 2005 Here is a link to the pictures that Lisa took today. I must warn you that I did not put them in an particular order sooooooooo....good luck. I particularly like the Poo Cookies, couldn't get myself to eat one though. Very creative Julie but you do...