Search results

1. D

Oregon diesel

I just read about it and it's not going to get rid of all diesel, just 100% petroleum diesel. Instead you will be able to purchase biodiesel and biodiesel mixes.
  2. D

Looking for a VW diesel mechanic in San Diego

I was underwhelmed by Wolf. I paid way more than I did at BRU and I didn’t feel like they did any more than the bare minimum. I had asked them to look into my low mileage issues but when I picked up the car the guy hadn’t looked into it. Also, they didn’t reset the alarm so I keep getting...
  3. D

Right now it’s just to get the 40,000 mile service done. I’m also getting less than stellar fuel mileage and want them to see if they see anything that might be causing that.
  4. D

I'm going to try Wolf's Foreign Car Service. Cross your fingers for me.
  5. D

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

I wasn't thrilled about the exterior redesign either. It felt like when they redid the beetle and called it an "upscale lifestyle vehicle". "They seem to have forgotten the whole "people's car" thing. Things change though, what can you do. That chinese one is cute, but it looks tiny. Have you...
  6. D

Who’s going to Tesla after their current TDI?

I have my eye on the ID-Buzz (stupid name) myself. My plan is to hold onto the JSW as long as I can and see how the ID's are. I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully they switch out that steering wheel they have in the concept vehicle. It looks super annoying. That modular interior tho, it's cool.
  7. D

I have been going to BRU Automotive for forever, but I just found out that it's closed. I need to find a new place to take my car. Any recommendations?
  8. D

What Problems Are You Having with Your Buyback Cars?

I'm really interested in the used Jetta Sportwagens that have been popping up lately, I'm assuming from the buyback. I noticed that they all have sat somewhere for a couple years and I'm wondering what kind of problems they might have developed while they were sitting undriven in the hot sun...
  9. D

Lift for TDI Sportwagen (for oversize tires)

Hi, lifted people! I'm wondering if your lift has affected your fuel mileage.
  10. D

Road trip to Baja?

I have heard the stories about the roads too, and was pleasantly surprised overall. They have repaved the main highway, at least as far as the turn-off for Bahia De Los Angeles, which is where I went. The thing about driving at night is true, though. I did it a couple of times and it was scary...
  11. D

Road trip to Baja?

I live in San Diego and just drove down through Baja over Thanksgiving and it worked out great! The main roads were pretty good and many of the PEMEX stations sell diesel. The AAA has a map that shows the diesel stations on it which was pretty handy. The drive through the desert was AMAZING...
  12. D

San Diego Sightings

When I was searching around for my Golf TDi back 7 months ago, Miramar VW had 6 Golf TDi's, but none were in the color I wanted, they had premium fee and they sounded sleazy. On a separate note, on Monday there was a TDi just like mine parked in front of me in Golden Hill at Influx. It was a...
  13. D

Diesel fuel availability in Mexico?

Thanks for all your help! I got a guidebook and promise not to drive at night! I'll let you all know how it goes. Disastrogirl
  14. D

Diesel fuel availability in Mexico?

I am thinking of taking a road trip from my home in SD down into Mexico. Does anyone have any experience finding diesel in Mexico? I'm just not sure what to expect and don't want to get stranded. thx, disastrogirl