Search results

1. A

WTB wheels for 1997 Jetta

I'm looking for some 14" wheels that will fit a 1997 Jetta. I'm hoping to find them in state so I wont have to pay shipping. Anyone?
  2. A

WTB Intake manifold for A3

Must be in good condition. This is for a 1997 Jetta. [ July 25, 2002, 19:42: Message edited by: Arizona Mike ]
  3. A

Help with CEL code.

I have a Check Engine light that has came on and after clearing it, it comes back on after the car has been restarted for the second time. Using the Vag-Com shows the following: “65535-----163 Controller Malfunction” Another forum member (Dog Breath) came to my house with the same problem on...
  4. A

Well?

And?
  5. A

Upsolute TB for sale 3 way adjust. for A3 TDI

Upsolute TB for sale 3 way adjust. $225. Pay by Paypal, plus shipping. I also have the extention cord for it so you can have the tuning box inside the car and make adjustments while you drive and/or connect/disconect while driving. Included. Works great with and/or without the Upsolute chip.
  6. A

How to 5th gear ratio change with pictures

Follow along with this Breakdown of the 02J trans.Courtesy of Karl. It looks identical to this 02A trans. 02J Trans. Remove #2 T60 Torx bolts&washers. Remove #1 "pivot pin" bolts. Remove #4 outside "wire spring clip" that holds in the three #5 "synchro blocks". Note orientation of the three...
  7. A

EGR-ectomy?

EGR-ectomy? To follow are some pictures of …. Well, it's kind of self explanatory if you know what your looking at. I got a little carried away while cleaning the soot from the manifold and this is the result. I'm not going to initially address performance gains but I am almost certain to be...
  8. A

MPH-RPM-BOOST-EGT

Here are some readings from my vehicle for comparison with other models. Vehicle: 1997 A3 Jetta, 28,000 miles, 195\60\14 Badyears, No EGR. No fuel additives, Flying J fuel, 0600 am, ambient Temp 80. MPH \ RPM's \ Boost \ EGT +-50 55 1950 5.0 450 60 2100 6.5 500 65 2250...
  9. A

5th gear ratio change

A few days ago I ordered the .72 5th gear for my 97 A3 Jetta with the 02A transmission from Velocity.com $157. I plan to do the change myself with the trans still in the car. I looked everywhere and made many phone calls about a .68 ratio for this change to include the information that HowardZ...
  10. A

bought TDI on ebay

WOW, its great! I bought a 1997 Jetta that I saw on ebay. The high bidder didn't respond and I contacted the people auctioning it and they gave it to me for the same price. People said I was taking a risk buying it on line, but it turned out good. Its a class of 1997 Jetta TDI with only 20,000...
  11. A

Got my TDI from ebay

WOW, its great! I bought a 1997 Jetta that I saw on ebay. The high bidder didn't respond and I contacted the people auctioning it and they gave it to me for the same price. People said I was taking a risk buying it on line, but it turned out good. Its a class of 1997 Jetta TDI with only 20,000...