Search results

1. shadowhand

FS: 2001 Golf TDI 4-door w/ lots of mods

FS: 2001 Golf TDI 5sp 4dr w/ lots of mods After much deliberation, putting my favorite car up for sale. It is black, 4-door, gray leather interior, manual, 15" Avus wheels, 220xxx miles. First off, the bad: the hood paint is really faded, there are a couple of small rust spots around the front...
  2. shadowhand

VNT-17 and 2.5" intercooler piping

I have the 2.5" lower intercooler piping from IDParts (no longer available) and just installed a VNT-17 (replacing a VNT-17/22). Having a hell of a time trying to figure how to connect the 2.5" piping to the turbo. Right now I have both the 1.5" and 2" adapters from TuneMyEuro but neither one...
  3. shadowhand

Wts: Vnt-17/22

FS: VNT-17/22 (needs work) I just took off my VNT-17/22 and am ready to ship it. HOWEVER, the compressor wheel is loose and it is missing a two downpipe studs. If you have the ability to rebuild the turbo it's your lucky day. :D $300 or any reasonable offer, shipped CONUS. SOLD Pictures Here
  4. shadowhand

FS: ALH intake manifold NO EGR

VW part number 038129711AR Intake manifold with no EGR cooler mounting posts. Been in use for about 3 years, still really clean on the inside. $50 shipped, OBO SOLD Pictures
  5. shadowhand

WTB: Mk4 Gray Trim Pieces

Looking for the following pieces: 3B1867171D7DE - drivers door switch bezel, gray 1J0881348GU71 - channel cover, outer, gray Also willing to buy a full drivers door handle set with inner/outer grip and switch bezel.
  6. shadowhand

FS: winter wheels and tires

FS: winter wheels and tires, Blizzak 195/65R15 Winter is coming! Set of 4 silver steelies (5x100 pattern) with lightly used Blizzak tires, size 195/65R15. (Fits Mk4, possibly others.) Tires were installed last winter, taken off after 4 months. SOLD! Thanks for looking.
  7. shadowhand

WTB Audi TT LCA left + right

Looking for a set of Audi TT lower control arms, with or without the sway bar nub. Bonus if you have the balljoints to match.
  8. shadowhand

FS: Mk4 parts: Golf headlight, MAF, thermostat, glow plugs, other misc

FS: Mk4 parts: Golf headlight, EGR parts, intake and intercooler pipes Some misc Mk4 parts for sale, all prices are OBO and include shipping to the lower 48. Will consider shipping elsewhere at cost. PayPal only! VW ABS pump $45 From 2001 Golf, non-ESP, non-ASR. Works fine, was replaced with...
  9. shadowhand

Are larger tires bad for fuel economy?

Now that winter is over, it's time to put some larger shoes on my Golf and make the stock Avus the winter set. Currently I'm looking at Konig Backbones (haters gonna hate, no doubt) but I'm unsure about tire sizes. I have it narrowed down to one of two choices: 215/50R17, which would reduce my...
  10. shadowhand

FS: Mk4 brake hydro pump (non ASR, non ESP)

Used in good condition, was completely functional 2 days ago when it was removed from my 2001 Golf. Part number 1J0 614 117E. Compatible with most (all?) Mk4 models from 2000 through 2003, possibly other applications as well. $40 OBO shipped to lower 48.
  11. shadowhand

Mk4 Golf Truck

Came across this photo today: http://imgur.com/L5yWI Looks like a custom job. Anyone have more details?
  12. shadowhand

FS: like new OEM front mudflaps

Set of front mudflaps for Mk4 Golf or Jetta. Installed for 2 days, decided I didn't like them and removed. http://www.idparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1308 $35 shipped, OBO. SOLD!
  13. shadowhand

RokBlokz vs OEM mudflaps

I'd like to buy some mudflaps for my Golf, but am having analysis paralysis over this decision. On the one hand, OEM flaps look like they fit better and well, they're OEM. RB has a wider coverage area, won't require 3M clear tape to prevent paint damage, and I would be supporting family...
  14. shadowhand

Metallic sound when slowing down

Single metallic PING! when slowing down I just had new wheel bearings and rotors installed. A few days later, I started noticing a metallic ping or cracking sound when I slow down. It's loud enough to hear from inside the car with the windows up and only happens once every time I slow down. It...
  15. shadowhand

WTB: rear wiper motor

Need to replace my Mk4 rear wiper motor, part number 1J6955711C
  16. shadowhand

WTB: dash vent "grommets" (little rubber things)

Edit: Never mind, I have a solution.
  17. shadowhand

1991 Syncro Doka TriStar (pics!)

Found this on reddit.com/r/Volkswagen http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1339891 https://picasaweb.google.com/111279735495692359267/1991SyncroDokaTriStarWith48OriginalKilometers Super rare Syncro Doka with 48 kilometers... yes, forty-eight, not thousand. :eek: Would buy this...
  18. shadowhand

FS: NEW MK4 ball joints and tie rod ends

All prices include shipping to the lower 48. All other shipping at cost. No longer available. All Febi Bilstein. Ball joints are still sealed in box, tie rod ends are unsealed but never used.
  19. shadowhand

FS: EGR, intercooler, and intake parts

For sale, all prices are OBO and include shipping to 48 states. Parts come from a 2001 Golf and have about 150k on them. No reasonable offer refused. I want this stuff gone! EGR cooler, slightly dirty, totally usable: $40 EGR coolant tubes, no leaks: $12 EGR short and long pipes: $12 each...
  20. shadowhand

Rear Valance/Spoiler

So I purchased a new rear valance (VW calls it a spoiler) with the cutout so that my new exhaust could exit out the back. But... it doesn't fit! Here's the part in question: http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_IV--TDI/Exterior/Body/Valance/ES4489/ The cutout is slightly too close to...