Search results

1. C

What do you carry in your trunk??

..... Too many items to list, but primarily a warning triangle, jump leads, light bulb kit, towrope, first-aid kit, spanners/compact socket kit and - I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet - a pair of fold-up wheel chocks so the car stays stable when you jack it up on a slight incline with...
  2. C

So, where did you get your technical info from?

That's my girl, Mary, YOU tell 'em! - Richard
  3. C

Towing capacity for a jetta TDI

Sorry, I'm not aware of any sources over here. www.towsure.co.uk - Richard
  4. C

Towing capacity for a Jetta TDI?

In the European brochures - about 1300 kg (100bhp PD Tdi). Over here I don't think it's quoted at all, and VWoA do not list a towbar as an accessory.
  5. C

Golf, Jetta Parts Interchangability

The only car I know which has the same size front doors on 2-door and 4-door versions is the Land Rover Discovery.
  6. C

Prius Owner makes me ROTFLMAO

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Think I've read somewhere that the same applies to the PT Cruiser..... - Richard
  7. C

Prius Owner makes me ROTFLMAO

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ROTFLMAO!!! I couldn't have put it better myself! Yep, ain't no substitute for experience!!!! LOL!!! - Richard
  8. C

Canadian Jetta verses USA model changover?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eh ????? .... Must have been registered in Ireland originally! Is the steering wheel in the centre? [ January 18, 2003, 11:35: Message edited by: chopchop ]
  9. C

Shifting - How low is too low?

Mary's right, but this is a subject it's impossible to quote hard & fast rpm rules on. If you're going downhill, lower change-up revs are fine. Just do what "feels" right rev-wise. These TDi engines can and should to a certain extent be driven like petrol engines - unlike the older diesels...
  10. C

head rest for rear seat

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Find a 6' tall guy like me driving a VW, and he's removed the middle rear headrest, too, Mary! Couldn't see safely out of the back with the thing there, and visibility from the Golf isn't too brilliant anyway, compared with my Discovery...
  11. C

Parking brake seize in cold weather - Passat

VF is right. That problem will rear its ugly head again. Replace the damaged cable. In the meantime, park the car with the handbrake off (& in gear) if safe to do so. Actually, the pads or shoes can rust on, even in the summer, if you leave the car parked for a few days after you've washed...
  12. C

brake fluid change

It's a job I'd never trust any dealer to do PROPERLY, anyway. Plenty of info round here, do a search...wait till tomorrow, when things here should be back to normal! - Richard
  13. C

Rear shocks are a piece of cake

I was confused, too......., couldn't figure out how replacing the dampers made any difference to toe-in/toe-out..... Anyway, I now have a superb sliding plate unit- "Trakrite" - for alignment checking, for which you don't even need to know what the t-i/t-o figs are for a vehicle to use it...
  14. C

Peugeot Plans USA Comeback (From a German news source)

Peugeot/Citroen is the same Company, or Group, at any rate, PSA. European Dealerships are still separate, though. - Richard
  15. C

Rear brakes shot @ 32K. Dealer, Midas or DIYS.

This might be of interest to you: http://forums.tdiclub.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=17&t=006973&p= Mention VW Tech Bulletin ref: 00-01 dated 27 Nov 2000, and see what the dealer says........... Also see my other thread regarding the sensors..... (Fred's is too slow to look it...
  16. C

Fuel Additive

Yes, and JJ's been a member here for 6 whole weeks! Another one on an ego-trip, I think..... - Richard
  17. C

factory fill oil for '03 ti

Re: factory fill oil for \'03 ti Interesting... So they're not using a diesel-specific oil any more, then...? Either that, or they're using an oil geared towards diesels in a petrol engine...? - Richard
  18. C

Triangle Socket pre-production sale expires 1/31/03

Re: Triangle Socket pre-production sale expires 1/31/03 Count me in- 1/4" drive. - Richard PS - MN - Do you have any of your rear caliper windback tools still- if so, how much delivered Canada, please?
  19. C

Fuel Additive

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Geez, that shows how much you know! Litres (abbreviated to 'l' in ISO parlance) have been used both here and in the UK for decades now..... <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A very isolated one, in my view, if you seriously...
  20. C

VW and DaimlerChrysler taking chance on diesel in U.S.

"U.S. drivers also don't have any economic incentive to switch to diesel as they do in Europe, where diesel is taxed less and therefore 17 percent cheaper than gasoline." What a damnfool statement. The writer talks as if Europe is a COUNTRY. Apart from the fact that fuel in Europe is generally...