Search results

1. SFHGolfTDI

FS: 2002 VW Golf GLS (Jolf), Low miles ~163k, Well-maintained, lots of extras. Veteran forum member.

Sale pending (but will be a few months). Will update if anything changes but consider sold at this time. Thanks everyone.
  2. SFHGolfTDI

FS: 2002 VW Golf GLS (Jolf), Low miles ~163k, Well-maintained, lots of extras. Veteran forum member.

I ended up finding the original listing here on the forum. I guess I purchased in 2011 not 2010! https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/feeler-2002-golf-tdi-gls-75k-mi-san-diego.323288/
  3. SFHGolfTDI

Hey Kendall, you’re first in line! Was going to text you this morning.
  4. SFHGolfTDI

Hi all, In so many ways I hate doing this, but it is time. I've loved this car since 2011, when I purchased it from the original owner at around 75k miles. I put lots of time and money into tasteful upgrades (much to my wife's annoyance), and it has accompanied us through two children and many...
  5. SFHGolfTDI

My 2002 Jolf (Golf w/Jetta front)

Hi everyone, will be putting this up for sale soon. PM me with any interest or details on condition while I research price and get a proper post up. Short story is still runs great, sitting at 162k miles, needs timing belt ASAP (about 90k on it now and over 10 years), needs new tires, possibly...
  6. SFHGolfTDI

Wanted: pre 2003 manual TDI (WA state)

Might have what you need. Check out my previous posts for more info on the car and PM me if interested.
  7. SFHGolfTDI

Wanted: 2002~2003 ALH TDI Jetta GLS without rust

I might have what you need, but I'm in California. You can check out my old threads for some info on the car. Sitting at around 160k. Doesn't get driven much. Should probably take care of timing belt soon.
  8. SFHGolfTDI

MKIV wagon hitch

Not sure what you mean. If you search through one of my old threads, I have the whole process written up with pictures. Here’s the link: https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/custom-2-inch-hitch-installed-advice-needed.441438/
  9. Jolf/Getta Swap

Jolf/Getta Swap

Front-end Swap
  10. SFHGolfTDI

Matt Phelan/Matt-98AHU now wrenching in San Anselmo

Hah! Just saw that too! Well done Matt. Hope business is going well for you.
  11. SFHGolfTDI

10 Years! 2003 ALH Fuel mileage information and Cost(s) of Ownership

Congrats Steve! And love the tint. My tint is very similar. My Jolf is rarely driven these days since we are mostly in my wife's Bolt for 90% of around town and trips up to 200 miles round trip (more if we can charge).
  12. SFHGolfTDI

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

I've seen them honor retailers not on the list. I think when I did it a few years back Pep Boys wasn't on the list but they honored it (I called first to confirm I think).
  13. SFHGolfTDI

I need local mechanic in So. Cal

If you ever get up to the SF Bay area, Matt-98ahu is by far the best TDI mechanic in CA. He used to travel around for a living but has now settled down with his own shop space. Worth the trip if you have a bunch of jobs lined up: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444867
  14. SFHGolfTDI

I need local mechanic in So. Cal

Yes, I'm not sure Leonard is in business anymore. His (somewhat eclectic, to put it mildly) "political" involvements seemed to be taking more and more of his time and energy last I saw him or interacted with him which was years ago. For smog of my diesels, I've been using Santa Monica Motors...
  15. SFHGolfTDI

Biodiesel Prices & Locations By State/province

They were sold to Pacific Biodiesel a couple of years ago: http://www.recordcourier.com/news/business/oregon-company-buys-bently-biofuels/ I think they still produce biodiesel there, but the retail operation, as you've seen, has been shut down.
  16. SFHGolfTDI

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Update from last analysis in August 2015 where I had high lead. This last oil analysis looks really good (10k sample, going for 15k). Don't know whether to chalk it up to the Mos2 or just the fact that I haven't done any or many WOT runs (or both). However, the Mos2 in both the Jeep Liberty CRD...
  17. SFHGolfTDI

High lead in last oil analysis?

Last oil analysis looks really good. Don't know whether to chalk it up to the Mos2 or just the fact that I haven't done any or many WOT runs. However, the Mos2 in both the Jeep Liberty CRD and my VW Golf has resulted in noticeable drops in wear metals. Here's the VW: 125k Oil Analysis
  18. SFHGolfTDI

Antenna base done!

Good to hear. Pretty sure that is the problem with mine. Base is from a trusted vendor but not OEM VW.