Search results

1. B

FS: A3/B4 Glow plug harness and plugs

SOLD - FS: A3/B4 Glow plug harness and plugs My 1998 Jetta TDI was totaled before these could be installed... Glow plug harness, new, in plastic. Label: Volkswagon AG, KA/05 - 117229 1 Stueck 028 971 766 Made in Hungary (4) Glow plugs, new, in boxes, Champion CH271, Made in EU I'd prefer to...
  2. B

A3/B4 filters & Bentley manual

Bentley Volkswagon Service Manual Jetta, Golf, GTI: 1993-1999 Cabrio: 1995-2002 - ISBN 0-8376-0366-8 - Price at Amazon.com: $44.07 - My price: $30 + shipping via media mail or UPS, your choice Two Mann air filters for A3, new in box part#C27154/1 - Fits: Jetta TDI (A3 chassis) w/ AHU engine...
  3. B

FS: A3/B4 air and oil filters

Still available...
  4. B

FS: Vagcom cable

Yes, this is a generic cable likely from China. It's worked without any errors for me for several years on my A3.
  5. B

FS: Vagcom cable

SOLD: Vagcom cable For sale: Vagcom cable This is a generic version with a serial connector. It has worked well on my A3 for several years, but I've sold the car and don't need it - $12 + shipping Send me your zip code for an exact quote to your location. updated typo: it's the generic...
  6. B

FS: Bentley service manual

Bentley Volkswagon Service Manual Jetta, Golf, GTI: 1993-1999 Cabrio: 1995-2002 - ISBN 0-8376-0366-8 - My price: $30 + shipping via media mail or UPS, your choice
  7. B

FS: A3/B4 air and oil filters

I've sold my A3 and no longer need these filters. The are new in the original boxes. Two Mann air filter for A3 part#C27154/1 - Fits: Jetta TDI (A3 chassis) w/ AHU engine (1997-1999) - $8 each Mann oil filter for A3/B4 part#W840/2 - Fits: * Jetta TDI (A3 chassis) w/ AHU engine...
  8. B

A3 dies in cold when moving, then restarts

It happened to me again on the same tank of fuel once temperatures dropped over the weekend. The car ran great Friday, then Monday morning at about six degrees outside it started fine, got me out of town, then died about three miles out. It restarted with effort, idled for ten minutes...
  9. B

That makes a lot more sense than vapor lock. I have done the ventectomy on my car, by the way. Anyway, thanks much. I'll swap out the filter again.
  10. B

It might be a cop out by my mechanic. They went through the list of items to test on for the 0550 code and found nothing other than the tank being rather full. Since the vapor flap near the top of the filler tube fell into the tank last year, I had it removed entirely. Now, when I fill the...
  11. B

Bad diesel at Flying J...

After purchasing 12 gallons of diesel at a Flying J truck stop in Des Moines, Iowa, the car stalled a short distance away. One tow later, the mechanic found over four gallons of water mixed in the with diesel and had to drain the fuel tank, clear the lines, and change the filter. Repairs and...
  12. B

It was vapor lock. I'd just purchased fuel, it was very cold out, and it appears there wasn't enough air in the tank to let fuel reach the engine. When it warmed up, it idled fine and the code didn't come back.
  13. B

Charged battery again today, started engine after cranking a bit just like on the night it was towed, and it idles. Here's the one code: 00550 Injection start solenoid control duration from desired value Any ideas?
  14. B

My mechanic has it now. He said it's not fuel related because the car restarts each time and idles fine. It only dies when you try to start moving. I'll try to get codes tomorrow and see what that indicates.
  15. B

Frozen fuel filter

It turned out to be almost five gallons of water mixed in with my diesel. Flying J Truck Stop still denies any problems, but they're the only place I've purchased fuel since July, so I'm pretty sure they're the source. I ended up having the tank removed and drained, the lines all cleaned...
  16. B

My 1998 Jetta TDI wouldn't start this morning. The battery is six years old, so that's expected when it's 0 outside. I jumpstarted it, started driving outside town and it died just outside town. It started again easily, then idled fine, so I started forward slowly on the roadside. It died...
  17. B

Frozen fuel filter

No bio fuel. I've been adding 4oz of Powerservice DFS (white bottle) to each tank all winter.
  18. B

Frozen fuel filter

When local temperatures dropped to ten below, my 1998 Jetta TDI suddenly lost power and died. Towing it to my mechanic in a heated garage, it started and ran easily after warming up for an hour. I took it home and made it about four miles on the highway when it froze up again. Removing the...
  19. B

Good battery for midwest winter

Thanks, everyone. The oil is Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel 5W-40, so that should be fine. The TDI battery is a few years old, so it's likely just showing age. The 944 has updgraded headlights that use 80W/90W bulbs, upgraded wiring, and alternator. (Look up 'light cannons' on Rennlist for details.)...
  20. B

Good battery for midwest winter

What's a good battery for our TDIs that can handle cold winters? My A3 is having trouble starting when the temperature is below zero in the morning. Charging the battery fixes it each time, so I'm thinking it's time for a new battery. One reason I'm asking this is that my 944 ate three...