Search results

1. S

Need to replace the starter BUT...

Its in my driveway facing the wrong direction due to it being backed in by a tow truck. It does make a clunking noise, like the gear is being tossed to the flywheel, but the starter motor does not engage. Battery is a month old and the frost heater is on. I know on older domestic cars you could...
  2. S

2012 coolant?

I searched for 2012 and coolant and only one post came up about a frost heater install. Was just wondering what kind of coolant my dad needs for his 2012 Jetta TDI wagon. Hasn't touched it since he bought it new and the coolant light came on tonight while he was out. Im guessing its a dealer...
  3. S

Interesting coolant leak problem

Well, after a year i think i narrowed it down. I have a 2003 ALH manual trans TDI with 214,000 miles on it. For the past year it kept going low on coolant, with no puddles underneath, then after a while, some would be left on the ground only to open the hood and not find any coolant anywhere...
  4. S

upgrade part question

I was just wondering what this is for, and what engine are they talking about when they say "VW Jetta and Golf 2.0L TDI Clean Diesel with engine code CJAA and plastic damper" http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/the-8349/Turbo%2C-Performance/Detail thanks :-)
  5. S

coolent coupler question

i cant seem to figure out how to disconnect the coolant hose coupler from the heater core connection. ive removed the little metal clip but it wont budge, is their something else i need to do?
  6. S

IC pipeing....

anybody adapt this system to a VNT-17? http://www.tdiblog.com/tdi-do-it-yourself/how-to-idparts-upgraded-upper-intercooler-pipes/
  7. S

crazy boost problem

2003 ALH ok this has been happening for about a year or more now and its getting to the point where i have time to actually look into it and get it fixed. i will be going 55mph in 5th gear and the boost needle will go from 5psi creep up to 10 and then snap down to 5psi while im using the...
  8. S

dual side monut intercooler

i just noticed this on kerma's website. i was wondering can this kit be used in conjunction with the eurojet side mount inter coolers and has anybody looked at the gains if any of having a setup like this? is it as efficient as a FMI? thanks :)
  9. S

German Speed Merchants QUESTION

my car is.. ahem.. slightly moded.. if i took it to German Speed Merchants in 300 Old Dairy Rd Wilmington, NC 28405, would they still work on my car? seeing as how it has a straight piped exhaust and whatnot?
  10. S

boost issues

for some odd reason it seems like the turbo is not being controlled at all. i just replaced the air line that goes from the diaphragm on the turbo to the n75/daws device i have and it still is wild. cruising at 45-55 mph in 5th gear it will start out at 5 psi and creep up to 10-11 psi and then...
  11. S

looked and couldent find

could somebody please poke me in the right direction as to how to adjust IQ and what the normal reading should be? thanks :-)
  12. S

opnions on new stereo please

i was looking to get a touch screen LCD that would fit in my factory location, i have an 03 jetta with the monsoon sound system with the cd player and cassett player.. anybody ever replace theirs with a touch screen? how hard is it? and are their any tricks or will any touch screen fit? is their...
  13. S

power problems

ok a year ago i took my car to the track, i had a slipping stock clutch PP520 injectors, cat 2 micron fuel filter and muffler deelet and RC 2/3 tuneing and i ran a 15.5 sec 1/4 mile.... while i was deployed i deeleted my cat, had my pp520s taken out and sent them in to get cleaned and balanced...
  14. S

GTG in NC?

is their going to be any GTGs in or around NC around march or april? or dose anybody know how i can contact Jeff (rocketchip) by that time? i hear hes hard to get ahold of.
  15. S

urgent power steering...

what type of power steering fluid is used for an 05 jetta TDI? can it be bought at auto zone or another similar store? thanks.
  16. S

Rental question

dose anybody know if its possible to rent an 2006-2008 Passat? what rental company? if this is posted in the wrong section please let me know...
  17. S

Tb Help!!

i was wondering if their was anybody near the Jacksonville NC area that has the tools, vag-com and expierence in changing timeing belts for the 2003 ALH TDI jettas? and would also accept pay pal? im suposto drop it off at the stealership tonight but after reading a few horror stories about TB...
  18. S

new 09 TDI

Dose anybody know how we will be able to increase power to the new 09 tdi or should i wait a year or two after to see what pops up in the aftermarket field?
  19. S

Transmission/Differential problem?

just yesterday i noticed a noise comming from what sounds like the transmission. the noise sounds like putting a card (like from a deck of cards) on a bicycle so it hits the spokes while your rideing, i wouldent say its as high pitched or as fast as the sound that would come from a bike. i can...
  20. S

Vag-com

i know everybodys seen me post quite a few times about needing help from somebody with a vag com to adjust my timeing and my IQ. just so you know this time its "fo real" lol. today if possible, but my jetta wont start, it started for a bit lots of black smoke and misfires and then it quit and...