Search results

1. S

Need to replace the starter BUT...

NEVER MIND! lol, got it started, just need a bit more oomph from a battery charger. :-)
  2. S

Need to replace the starter BUT...

Its in my driveway facing the wrong direction due to it being backed in by a tow truck. It does make a clunking noise, like the gear is being tossed to the flywheel, but the starter motor does not engage. Battery is a month old and the frost heater is on. I know on older domestic cars you could...
  3. S

Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

Cool job!! One of my biggest hobbies is sound reproduction and pro PA systems and home audio systems. Temperatures will definitely affect the workings of a speaker and how they sound. The speakers in my 03 are the same way, after listening to a bit of music at a low to normal volume the voice...
  4. S

PSA: beware of lower MPG during winter months

i wish they were already making frost heaters for the 2015s
  5. S

Future Golf buyer

I haven't searched for a new car in 10 years. When i started just a week or two ago i was really upset about how they sell cars these days. So much for the customer is always right. For me it was the golf lost the Independent Rear Suspension, the new EA288 oil filter is upside down and on the...
  6. S

2012 coolant?

I searched for 2012 and coolant and only one post came up about a frost heater install. Was just wondering what kind of coolant my dad needs for his 2012 Jetta TDI wagon. Hasn't touched it since he bought it new and the coolant light came on tonight while he was out. Im guessing its a dealer...
  7. S

Interesting coolant leak problem

i ordered a new lid with the new tank. I was unaware of the gauge being that inaccurate :eek: . would vag-com be more accurate? Last winter it was doing the same thing and i had to block off the radiator to get it to stay at operating temperature. Bought the winter front bra thing.
  8. S

I did the last TB job, water pump was replaced and it had a metal impeller. It was doing the same thing before the TB change as well. temp always stays at a dead twelve o'clock position at 190 degrees.
  9. S

i fill it to the max line, after running the engine it drops to the min line. When i release the pressure the reservoir "refills" sometimes when my coolant light comes on, i just release the pressure and its good for the day. Of course i now refill it and keep premixed 50/50 in the trunk.
  10. S

oil is clean, coolant smells like coolant and looks new. I will however check for bubbles next time i go for a drive.
  11. S

Well, after a year i think i narrowed it down. I have a 2003 ALH manual trans TDI with 214,000 miles on it. For the past year it kept going low on coolant, with no puddles underneath, then after a while, some would be left on the ground only to open the hood and not find any coolant anywhere...
  12. S

upgrade part question

thank you :-)
  13. S

upgrade part question

Turbo bark? and what vehicles have the CR 140 CJAA. I read the description, but giving a year and a engine code made me think that within the years listed their are two different engine codes. which is why i asked, i am not familiar with the new CR family of VWs. I also posted this under...
  14. S

upgrade part question

I was just wondering what this is for, and what engine are they talking about when they say "VW Jetta and Golf 2.0L TDI Clean Diesel with engine code CJAA and plastic damper" http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/the-8349/Turbo%2C-Performance/Detail thanks :-)
  15. S

Show what you tow!

it was just a 4 wire one... i ended up buying the ends and redoing the wires VERY CAREFULLY lol but i took it out since that happened... but im going to be pulling a trailer soon and was wondering if their is a specific one i should order or a certain way to do it. thanks for letting me know...
  16. S

Show what you tow!

could somebody please point me in the right direction as to where to buy and how to install a trailer wiring harness for my 2003 VW jetta TDI? i had one on it before but im guessing from the melted tail light clips and the blown fuses it wasn't the correct one. heh :-/
  17. S

coolent coupler question

that's what i thought but it wouldn't pull off so i thought besides that wire their was something more special about it lol. anything i could spray on it or tool i could use to work it free? or just jiggle and play with it till it comes off?
  18. S

coolent coupler question

i cant seem to figure out how to disconnect the coolant hose coupler from the heater core connection. ive removed the little metal clip but it wont budge, is their something else i need to do?
  19. S

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

thank you GTIDan for helping me with my question i was starting to think that and needed somebody with more knowledge about it to make a statement like that, i started thinking it was being BOP as well but wasn't sure, BOP ( blown out of proportion), and to darrelld for making a good point which...