Search results

1. K

DSG Service Interval change????

I have changed my DSG fluid between 35-40 thousand miles on my 2011 tdi golf. I have 214000 miles on the car and knock on wood it still shifts great.
  2. K

Red Line DCTF in my DSG

How is it driving? Any loss of gas mileage or response. I was thinking of putting this in my 2011 tdi golf, which has 208000 miles. Thought slightly thicker fluid might be beneficial with higher miles on transmission.
  3. K

Red Line DCTF in my DSG

Found the msds to Redline dctf fluid. The weird thing was I found it separate from their website-it was dated June 2014. MSDS indicated 70-90 percent PAO and less than ten percent ester. I think most Dsg fluids are group 3-Motul labels theirs as technosynthese which suggested group three.
  4. K

Amsoil In this Thread only

Amsoil looks to have new formula for AEL. Seems to be more robust package with noack of 7.1 and tbn of 8.8. Ironically the 5w30 has slightly higher base number than 5w40. Is Amsoil using Ashless tbn enhancer or is this oil likely mid saps oil that will likely protect better and go longer but...
  5. K

Why you should buy a Diesel with a DSG transmission

I have 191000 on 2011 tdi golf with dsg transmission. Knock on wood car shifts well and has been reliable overall. I do change the trans fluid every 40000 miles. I think a manual transmission is more fun when you have a car that likes to rev freely. I last drove a Honda Accord and loved the...
  6. K

Any "oil geeks" here? How long do I have before meltdown.

If engine is not consuming any noticeable oil...my 2011 tdi golf-knock on wood- has not consumed any oil- constant measurement on dipstick- and car has 191000 now. Isn't oil consumption the main issue with dpf and emissions equipment. Wouldn't a car with oil consumption using low ash oil damage...
  7. K

Breaking News: New VAG 504.00 & 507.00 standards

Will the new emissions update impact the 507 oils ability to protect the engine for 10000 mile drain interval. My 2011 tdi golf has 191000 on it and in fairness have rarely gone the full 10000 miles. Wondered if 507 oils were specified on dyno testing or the real world testing.
  8. K

Reman DPF

A vw service guy told me dpf replacement would be 1400 total said part costs about 1200 now.
  9. K

How many miles are you getting on brakes and rotars

Replaced front pads on 2011 Tdi golf at 165000. Dealer said rotors were ok and rear pads were fine.
  10. K

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Always appreciative of your fair minded analysis TS.
  11. K

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Do cj4 oils prevent more soot build up? If they do prevent or control soot build up wouldn't that potentially benefit dpf or is soot build up based on other factors? Also does soot build up in engine trigger more dpf regeneration?
  12. K

How long does a DSG last????

Have 120000 on 2011 vw golf with DSG running good knock on wood
  13. K

Amsoil In this Thread only

I wonder if companies like Amsoil actually abide by strict VW specifications moreso than an oil like Castrol. I have seen oil reports from Castrol that have 1700 calcium 900 zinc and 700 phosphorous, which seems like more ash forming additives than Amsoil which used about 1400 calcium(even lower...
  14. K

New Redline Euro Oils

Thank you
  15. K

2011 tdi golf DPF failure 70000

I bought 2011 VW Golf in Feb 2011. I have always used 507 oils and no biodiesel. Engine light came on took to dealers. They said the "flap" on DPF was not closing properly and it prevented filter from heating up properly. "official diagnosis 'internal structural failure. They replaced filter no...
  16. K

Mobil 1 ESP 12.49 at Pep Boys

Thanks too slick. I was thinking before that it may have been up basestock issue as opposed to the polymer thickeners.
  17. K

Liqui moly ceratec?

Thank You. I also wondered if Ceretec might work better with an oil that uses little or no Boron in additive package as opposed to Mobil 1 ESP that uses more Boron and less Calciium.
  18. K

Liqui moly ceratec?

Is it safe with dpf
  19. K

I still don't understand why 5W 40 oil seem to have lower cold cranking viscosity than the 5W-30 507 oils have
  20. K

I think 507 5w30 oils are really 10w30 oils in disguise. All of the 507 oils have ridiculously high cold cranking numbers most 6000ccs and above.