Search results

1. S

02M 6 speed clutch swap...won't shift

Thanks all. May look into the Sachs. Waiting on a new master cylinder and will also do new seals, rebleeding didn’t do much and it seems now it is more of an issue with the shift tower/selector struggling to move up and down…but if those clutch interventions don’t help matters may have to remove...
  2. S

Thanks all, will definitely give it another bleed. Pressure plate and clutch are South Bend and SMF is Whitbread, all 02M spec.
  3. S

Recently completed a clutch upgrade going from the 02M Valeo clutch to a South Bend clutch with Whitbread SMF. Unfortunately after installing, I can't get the trans to shift at all. Have tried bleeding the clutch several times, as well as adjusting shifting linkage. I had swapped both the stock...
  4. S

Drilled into block when drilling out trans bolt

Thanks GP, but the issue is not the trans bolt anymore. That is drilled out and tapped to M12. The issue is I drilled too far and entered the block, so curious if that is repairable with high heat epoxy and a hex countersunk plug.
  5. S

Drilled into block when drilling out trans bolt

Hi All, Curious your advice on this problem. Was starting a clutch change on my Mk4 golf with 02M swap when I sheared the topmost transmission bolt (m12x55, the one starter ground bolts to). Upon drilling that out, I went way too far and entered the block, coolant leaked out everywhere. Is...
  6. S

Leaking fuel, shudder

Seemed like the engine was running OK (as best I could tell, for the 10 sec or so that it took me to realize what was going on), just moving quite a bit. Also, no codes thrown on VAGCOM. On closer look I think the driver's side motor mount may be at fault, as there is quite a bit of play to it...
  7. S

Leaking fuel, shudder

Hi all, Today after a good pull on the highway noticed increased vibration coming from the engine as well as smell of diesel. After pulling off noticed diesel coming from multiple hard lines, but didn't have time to do a thorough inspection. My guess is that the dogbone bolt either came out...
  8. S

02M swap, SMF clutch. Knocking at idle

Completed 02M swap last summer, installed a South Bend modified Valeo SMF clutch. Initially had some knocking at idle. Sound goes away when letting clutch out, also w/ braking. Can get sound to resolve with letting clutch partially out. Sound resolved on its own, and recently returned this...
  9. S

Door Pull Nonfunctional after control module replacement

Thanks. Did all that Powder Hound said, got it working again. I think it may have been something to do with the lock plunger being misaligned? It was caught and didn't move properly, once I moved it manually the door pull worked again. I don't think it was "resetting" to the point that the...
  10. S

Door Pull Nonfunctional after control module replacement

Hi All, Replaced my driver's side door lock control module on my MK4 Golf yesterday in hopes of solving some mystery problems. I hooked everything up and tested the outside door pull and latch w/ a screwdriver, everything worked great. Put it all back together and no electrical problems, but...
  11. S

Wtb clutch

I have a used Sachs VR6/G60 kit from idparts that has about 5000 miles on it, worked great, just upgraded to 6 spd so have no use for it now. $250 shipped.
  12. IMG_11373

IMG_11373

13. IMG_11362

IMG_11362

14. IMG_11351

IMG_11351

15. IMG_113411

IMG_113411

16. IMG_11341

IMG_11341

17. IMG_11331

IMG_11331