Search results

1. mrchill

2060 vklr powertdi need feedback.

If you are commanding the vanes closed even up to 3k rpm....the backpressure will be very high. It may not be the turbo. Make sure there arent any other restrictions, even accidental ones.
  2. mrchill

ALH Head with bigger valves on crafter pistons

Definitely have to machine the pockets wider. I would also deepen them a touch for your cam.
  3. mrchill

Looking for 3" turbo back exhaust, what do you have?

Kerma sells a nice 3 inch for that car. Idparts has a nice 2.5 inch. Both use a 2.5 turbo exit, as a 3 inch simply wont fit. They also offer downpipes with cats.
  4. mrchill

Nozzle Suggestions

The equivalent of .205-.216. After that, it makes sensoe to have more turbo. Its certainly possible to run larger, and have the tuner reduce fueling...or run larger and have the injector builder reduce fueling...but I personallly think thats silly. But the nozzles in the range for the car at...
  5. mrchill

40 lbs of boost?

You can run 40psi witout blowing off hoses and such. Thats more a preparatin thing. And it doesnt have to be fancy to revent it. ALso, high boost smoke free (or very low smoke) isnt a problems as long as you have a decent tuner. There are some tradeoffs in terms of power, torque and seat of the...
  6. mrchill

N1DAS - the end of weapons grade torque

Hello all! Its been a long time. I'm here to announce that in July, Lisa Sterrett, Dave Sterretts (N1das) wife, call to tell me he had passed away on February 19th htis year. He developed a very aggressive throat cancer that killed him in weeks. This was coupled with a stroke. I didnt know what...
  7. mrchill

So...what are they building with?

I have bought from both gottuned and muchboost. Never had any communications issues. I am not saying you havent....but I havent. That said, the european market has millions of turbos sold that we dont get. So its possible that pricing there is less. Also, as there are virtually unlimited cores...
  8. mrchill

Performancetdi.com ... anyone used them? They sell vnt17/22's

The 1752 hybrid had its day. It does work well, but like the vnt17, it has become effete. There are significantly better turbos for sale for reasonable pricing. Most of which are now available pnp for all engines. Muchboost is one such company with these choices. I'd consider a newer technology...
  9. mrchill

ALH performance build for a heavy vehicle

Coatings work pretty well. THough I dont ike the anti friction as much, They dont seem to hold up. I prefer maf tunes, even if the general concensus is otherwise. Using a pd block is the cheapest way to get the job done, but building an alh isnt bad either. A properly sized vnt is the best...
  10. mrchill

TDI DSG retrofit

if using an edc16 its much easier. I'll bet the conversions are running just fine.
  11. mrchill

Replacment for displacment!!!!!

Glad you are still hard at it! Havent had the opportunity to see that car in years! Keep up the insanity!
  12. mrchill

Bhw/Alh hybrid build

Starters and axles are in fact available in NA...I've bought several over the years.
  13. mrchill

is there a big jump in HP/TQ between gtb2260vk and gtb2565vk?

Speeds between 70-85 highway. And yes, I feed the GTD series would be even better. I dont have GTD's in my own cars yet...but I have istalled a few for others. They seem to perform very well.
  14. mrchill

is there a big jump in HP/TQ between gtb2260vk and gtb2565vk?

Big turbos suffer from massive MPG loss. The energy it takes to drive the turbine is prodigious. Light footing a big turbo will only result in unnecessarily low mileage...unless you take all the fuel out of the tune....along with the driveability. There are small to medium turbos that are the...
  15. mrchill

Polar FIS pf04 pros & cons

Hi. I have a golf here that has the same oil temp issue. With a new unit, and the 3.0 beta update...still the same 32F. That is also with the advanced setting in diagnostic for oil temp.
  16. mrchill

Build Update CJAA

Porting those is a drag....Takes hours.
  17. mrchill

Tdtuning

I've used RC tuning for well over a decade. I wouldnt use anyone else personally. The results are always excellent. If he is that close to you, I would send the ecu. I get them 3 days turnaround and I am in Massachusetts. SO you will likely be the same or better. Besides, you will need a couple...
  18. mrchill

Tdtuning

Tdtuning isnt near him...he will likely get a tuner as well from Mike. He wants to try Mikes tunes out...let him do it. Mike is closer than Canada...and does a good job
  19. mrchill

dbilas cam vs. Colts cam

Yes. Dbilas still sells cams