Search results

1. O

Dealer nightmare

In the first week of March 2021 my 2012 started blowing white smoke out of the exhaust. I immediately parked it and contacted VWoA who confirmed it was under warranty. I personally towed it to the dealer on March 8th since I wasn't sure if it was an EGR cooler or head gasket and didn't want to...
  2. O

Passat double belt crank pulley

Has there been any progress on this? I am looking to run a double crank pulley on my wrangler conversion in order to add air conditioning. I know the BHW pulley is only 5 rib, but if the alignment is good it will drive the alternator and power steering just fine. jimbote - What adapter and...
  3. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

Its about 700 pounds heavier. Most definitely less aerodynamic...
  4. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

I did a side by side comparison of acceleration. Jeep vs Golf https://youtu.be/0XkkMxCp6kY
  5. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

I am using a 12"x24" radiator mounted in front of the engine radiator for the intercooler. At cruise on the freeway it is 15-40 degrees above ambient. Depends on the terrain.
  6. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

We took a trip to Carova Beach, NC a couple of weeks ago. The Jeep did excellent. No issues. It got 27 mpg running between 70-80. The Jeep part had no problems on the beach(as would be expected). The TDI part ran strong. It really likes to cruise about 80(2800 rpm). I have to keep holding back...
  7. O

ALH TDI pinout.

I am also interested in getting cruise control to work. I took the Jeep on a 1000 mile round trip and my right leg got a little cramped up.
  8. O

Alh jeep swap motor mounting

I'm curious how things are going with your build. How did the motor mounts work out? Are they able to hold the torque?
  9. O

MK4 TDI died, would restart, now won't do that. Will crank

I agree. After putting my engine back together it died while I was driving. No codes. Plenty of fuel, air and compression. I towed it home and checked the timing with all of the locking tools in place. The cam timing had moved. I remember when I put it together this time I used the torque...
  10. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

These links should get you strated in the world of TDI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Volkswagen_Group_diesel_engines https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_American_Volkswagen_engines There is a lot of useful information in these forums as well. You will have to weed through...
  11. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

The machine shops around here don't have a good record with VW engines either. The one that looked at my head said they don't mess with small diesels very often. This Jeep replaced my Golf as a daily driver. I don't want a top heavy, rough riding trail rig. My plan is to keep it all stock for now.
  12. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

It's all stock except for the tires. They are 31x10.50. The stock tires are 30x9.50 I need to check the odometer against gps to see how much difference that makes. If the speedo is accurately calibrated for a 30" tire and the current tires are truly 31" it would have traveled 135 miles instead...
  13. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

I sent the pump and injectors off to DFIS. They rebuilt the pump and calibrated the injectors. All of the parts in the block were within new part specs. I honed the cylinders and installed new pistons, rings and bearings from idparts.com. It runs like a beast now. Here is my first real world...
  14. 2017-06-16_11_08_18

2017-06-16_11_08_18

15. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

The injector bodies are original. I installed pp520 nozzles at 40k and upgraded to pp764 in March. The nozzles are from Kerma and they were installed by a local shop with the knowledge and experience.
  16. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

Thinking back, the only symptom was long cranking. It wasn't consistent with temperature or anything. https://youtu.be/GrcCFrfyc1M
  17. O

Wrangler LJ TDI

So... I've been driving it for a while and working out the bugs when this happened There is a lot of back story. Stay tuned.
  18. 2017_0426_183116_004

2017_0426_183116_004

19. 20170522_194053

20170522_194053

20. Wrangler

Wrangler