Search results

1. H

Mk4 99.5 Jetta TDI for sale Bay Area

Sold The Jetta is located in Mountain View, CA zip 94043. Current mileage is 166k. It's TDI w/ 5 speed transmission, original Engine/Transmission. It has moonroof, alloy wheels, CD/MP3, aspherical mirrors, skid plate. The car needs a start motor to move. I bought the car in Oct 2003, at...
  2. H

Mk4 99.5 Jetta TDI for sale

Please delete, wrong section.
  3. H

It IS possible to remove alternator w/o remove AC compressor

Just did it. Will post pictures and steps later. Waiting for parts to arrive.
  4. H

Bay Area GTG and Belt Change (Oct 21 Weekend)

Bay Area GTG and Belt Change (Oct 21 Weekend.) We WILL have this event! 8 ppl confirmed to show up. DB is able to make this trip. Where: 584-Bayview ave. Millbrae.CA 94030 Cross St. Lomita Cell#(650)302-9179 Directions: Crystal Springs Rd. Exit off of 280 Southbound ,go into San Bruno...
  5. H

$2.09/g diesel in San Jose.

This is the lowest I ever seen since I got here (3 months so far). The Shell located at the Berryessa and Lundy.
  6. H

OE vs Colgan Custom bra (front cover)

Thanks to ruking for the chance to compare the OE bra and the Colgan Custom bra. Colgan's bra is clearly the winner! Here are the pictures, judge by yourself. OE bra overview (I only installed the upper piece) Colgan bra overview OE close up (I don't think I could get rid of the...
  7. H

Help: window glass glue?

OK. This is not about my TDI, but it may be applicable to it in the future. Now the question, What kind of glue can be used to attach glass onto the window's frame? The glass near the C-Pillar is getting loose now on a coupe, but I don't want to remove it completely and glue it professionally...
  8. H

Some tips in installing the struts and shocks (A4)

Credits goes to Peter Cheuk and B100. First, when installing the rear passenger side shock on A4. The rear bolt is hard to get in the right direction. So if you want to play it safe, remove the fender liner and install it like this: Now the front part, first remove the top nut. Peter...
  9. H

Preview: Koni shock install

Now I have time to write. Credit goes to Peter Cheuk. First, get the nut which fasten the cup out. Like this one, later, Peter made a better tool to do the job, shown in here Make sure you remove this nut, and loose the nut under(just loose it) Remove the two bolts holding the strut to the...
  10. H

Sold. VAG-COM cable $30 shipped

Sold Original Ross-tech RS232 cable as shown in the picture below. $30 shipped. No software included. Free shareware version is downloadable from ross-tech.com website. email: hotneutron -at- yahoo.com or PM me. [edit] email address added.
  11. H

Suspension replacement

Plan to install the Bilstein TC both front and rear. The question is do I need to replace the following parts, basically mount, mount bearing and mount bushing? 1J0412331C Strut Mount Front Upper $16.36 1J0412249 Strut Mount Bearing $8.73 1H0412365A...
  12. H

New to SF BAY

About to relocate to Sunnyvale, CA, for this Fall and Winter only. Already shipped my beloved TDI today. Anyone GTG there in SF Bay Area? I couldn't bring any tools with me except a VAG-COM and Bentley manual. So if I'm going to install Bilstein TC over there, would anyone kindly lend me the...
  13. H

Pls comment: My first oil analysis

99.5 TDI 88000 miles, 9800 miles on Delvac 1 since last change. visc40: visc100: 13.6 water: 1.1 soot: 0.5 fuel: 0 glycol: 0 element (ppm) FE: 16 CR: 0 PB: 0 CU: 4 SN: 0 AL: 6 SI: 9 NA: 1 MO: 12 Additional Test: OXID: 1.5 NITR: 0 SYN: 0 SAE: 43 TBN: 6.9 This oil sample was sent on 08/03/04...
  14. H

Yet another brake switch improperly installed

I thought the brake switch recall has been going on for a while, and the dealer refused to give me the switch for free, it may be (a big may be) safe to have my brake switch replaced at the dealership. Again, the dealer let me down. I will not walk into the dealership except for some parts...
  15. H

It's such a ***** to change oil w/ skid plate

It\'s such a ***** to change oil w/ skid plate I hate skid plate! Removing the skid plate and re-installing it take me about 2 hours.. maybe I could do better next time.
  16. H

Replace manual transmission fluid

My TDI will pass 90K miles this winter, and I plan to replace the manual transmission fluid this summer. I have the VW OEM fluid now (2 one-liter bottle bought at impex),13mm wrench. What else do I need? Is a funnel ok? Is that the same as change the engine oil (lift the car, unbolt the drain...
  17. H

What will happen if I put the 205/65/15 on an A4?

Anyone try this before? Will the slightly bigger tire fit? I could see there is only 2.05% difference, should be ok to put on.... right? How's the acceleration feels? The fuel mileage will appear to drop 2%.
  18. H

Boost Surge -pls help

Previous owner installed the boost gauge, dawes device and upsoluted the car (99.5 Jetta). The dawes device works fine until the last trip. I saw a boost spike as high as 22-25 PSI, where the boost used to be 18PSI at most. Should I re-adjust the dawes device or should I look for something else?
  19. H

ECodes: Depo or Hella?

UBB19-ML-705234-ML- Not power enhancement related