Search results

1. E

1.4 EA211 spark plug change interval.................

My 2017 VW Jetta (5M) OM calls for a spark plug change every 40,000. OEM plugs - IIRC - are DOUBLE platinum. I note that all kinds of double platinum plugs are showing a much greater change interval. Why does VW show a much lower (40,000) change interval. My car is not tuned. I show no MPG...
  2. E

GSW 5M or Jetta 1.4 5M..................

Having my accepted buyback offer good until late 2018 continues to make my day(s) big time.............................. On my short list are the two subject VW's plus a 'new this year' Honda hatch. The Jetta has the nearly the range of my TDI if driven sensibly (nee 60 - 65). Over at...
  3. E

Loading CD/RCD 510 Premium 8.............

The OM seems encrypted (Honest). All I want to do it transfer six CDs from the coupe (and that 6-CD changer was duck soup!) that recently sold. Prior to involving the dealer (actually nice folks - but my salesman and the gifted service director have been transferred/promoted) ... - - - ...
  4. E

Automobile magazine online..........

.....doesn't appear too fond of the DSG: But the thing that makes the 2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel really terrific is its six-speed automatic transmission. The VW Jetta TDI diesel is also pretty wonderful on the highway, but when you're driving in stop and go traffic, its dual-clutch automated...
  5. E

VW TDI JSW: the 2013 model year............

........as noted in CU's recent 'Annual Auto Issue'. 1. More red dots 2. Used car rating now get a red dot (half, not full) 3. Last (but certainly not least) the fuel system has gone red. In northern CA, we might call this purchase revalidation (regardless of how one feels about Consumer...
  6. E

450 miles: Rocklin (CA) - Queen Mary........

The Queen is the reunion site for my first ship - an aircraft carrier. I have allotted 7 hours for the transit. I hope to record - al least for a 2013 JSW- some good fuel numbers. At any rate I hope to better my best to date fuel economy figure (51.9) recorded on I-5 from our state capital to...
  7. E

JSW heater:looking ahead to colder weather...............

The 6M JSW TDI - at 1755 miles - generates no complaints from this sailor. Given all time low temp near California's capital is 17F................... Would the reported (within this site) lengthy heater warm up delay be taken care of by use of the effective seat heater units? TIA, ez
  8. E

6M ratios.............

2013 TDT JSW 6M. Both Car & Driver and VofA Customer Care confirm 0.87/0.86 4th/5th gear ratios respectively. Perhaps my OCD co-efficient has elevated since purchasing this very fuel efficient wagon. I can't fathom a 400 RPM drop between 4th and 5th when holding a steady speed - given the tiny...
  9. E

Is this what it appears to be.............

If it looks like a ****, drives like a ****, sounds like a **** et al............... http://www.carandsuv.co.nz/articles/volkswagen-passat-tdi-wagon-2011-road-test
  10. E

First service appointment (one month after writing a check)

Dealer rep called. Have the one month followup after delivery courtesy appointment scheduled mid-May. Currently only concern is the inaccurate MFI compass display. OM indicates correct reading by driving in a 6MPH circle while holding down a function button......after proper zone selection...
  11. E

2013 JSW TDI 6M (CarsDirect.com)

I've used this outfit in prior times. I just can't figure out the $500-600 differential between their southern CA and northern CA prices. ez
  12. E

Wanted: Right side....

...(passenger side)....rear tail-lite assy (3-color: top to bottom is amber/red/clear) for my diesel VW 1982 Rabbit LX PICK-UP... ..all guidance/steers mucho appreciated.....tks, ez