Search results

1. W

MAP Senser 03G906051E and 03G906051M for 2013 Passat TDI?

MAP Senser 03G906051E and 03G906051M for 2013 Passat TDI? is there a difference in these two MAP Sensers? my installed one is a "M" Parts supplier with high usage in this forum has a "E". Just wondering if any one knows if they are interchangeable. 2013 Passat TDI. This senser is located at...
  2. W

Radio not working after battery replacement

Jettawreck, thanks for the response ....cross up polarity... replacement battery was installed correctly positive and negative. Is that what you are addressing or did I miss understand?. Thanks again, Wickerman
  3. W

BobnOH, Thank you for the response as I purchased the Golf many years ago without any owners manuals in the car. I will look tomorrow for the code and also check on the radio display when initially powering up. Thanks and stay safe. Wickerman
  4. W

Radio

Intermittent work after replacing a dead battery
  5. W

Radio does not work properly after battery replacement. Powers on then after a couple seconds off. Cd and cassette also not accepting. 2004 Golf TDI
  6. W

Interrior question

I have a 2004 golf tdi with a sunroof. I have cloth interrior thru out. The cloth door panel are becoming loose from the backing. What year models golf and Jetta are interchangeable with my 2004 golf? Wickerman
  7. W

Steering wiggle at ~35-45 mph when driving in a straight line...

I haves a 2004 Golf TDI and experianced a similar experience felt sure it would be a bearing. Dealer checked and found it to be tires. Replaced them about 4 months ago and that was the fix.
  8. W

Not doin' squat & lovin' it.

I am having a hard time understanding all the different plans owners are dealing with. So let's assume most TDI owners bought their vehicles for good performance, fuel efficiency, and resale value. Now most of the comments on "buybacks" seem to be let's process this TDI back to VW as soon as...
  9. W

Would you purchase a TDI Post-Dieselgate

Without a dought ! We have a 2006 Jetta tdi, a 2004 golf tdi, and just a couple weeks ago a 2014 Touareg tdi. So I am certain on the vw tdi quality. Wickerman
  10. W

Would you purchase a TDI Post-Dieselgate

We have a 2004 golf Tdi, 2006 Jetta Tdi, and today purchased a 2014 Touareg Tdi. What ever happens I am still a firm believer in th VW Tdi's !!!!
  11. W

How long do you let the turbo cool down after driving?

I also like to allow some cool down time especially if the car has been driven hard or has been pulling hills. The turbo oil feed line is fairly small and the bearings are floating bearings which means that the lubricating oil is on the od and id of the bearing. This is one of the hottest...
  12. W

replacement skid plate

I have a 2004 Golf GLS TDI. Purchased on April 1 2011 with 52k on the clock. This is my second TDI as the wife has a 2006 Jetta. The golf's OEM skid pan was drooping from missing screws. I later found out that many were damaged on the vertical pieces. Long story short, replaced fasteners in the...
  13. W

Frequently Asked Questions

placed deposit on a 2004 Golf GLS TDI less that 60K on the clock. we also have a 2006 Jetta TDI. I am not sure if the engine is the same series. The Golf is manual. I checked car fax and found all servicing has been at a VW dealer, which gives me some comfort that synthetic oil has been...