Search results

1. mrrhtuner

Front/Rear Brake Wear Sensors/Indicators

Hello everyone, Our 2015 Touareg TDI has flashed up the brake wear light. I'm planning on ordering new pads and gear but I'm unsure if the brake indicator sensors are on each corner or 1 sensor for the front and 1 sensor for the rear? Also, as I want to put the car on jackstands and take the...
  2. mrrhtuner

2015 Passat TDI - Vibration at 120ish KM/H (74mph)

Hello everyone, I've had my 2015 Passat TDI for about 1.5 years now and I drive roughtly 100km (62miles) round trip each day for work. I am the second owner and purchased the car from the original owner with 82,000km on the odometer. When I purchased the car, it was December 2022 and the car...
  3. mrrhtuner

Front clunk - Sway bar Links or Bushings

Hey everyone, I've noticed a clunk while driving over small potholes at a slow speed. Back in my MK4 days, often the sway bar links would rarely be the issue and it was more so the sway bar bushings that hold it to the subframe. After doing some reading up about Passat NMS front clunking being...
  4. mrrhtuner

Canadian EA288 owners, oil drain tool?

Good day everyone, After calling my local VW Dealer to inquire about how much a basic oil and filter change would cost, I was told it would be $230.00. That is enough for me to continue doing my own oil changes. My previous 2015 Infiniti Q50S, with a 3.7 motor would cost me about $109 per...
  5. mrrhtuner

DeAutoKey H7RC for NMS Passat

Hello everyone, I've searched this forum and have found a few older threads regarding the DeAutoKey H7RC hid kit for the NMS Passat. These seem to be a fairly quality and well priced upgrade for these cars and as I'm driving more on darker highways, I'd love to upgrade the factory headlights...
  6. mrrhtuner

2015 Passat TDI - Full Tank/Gauge Issue

Hello everyone, New to the NMS family with my 2015 Passat TDI with 85,000 KM on it. As this is a new-to-me car (purchased in early Jan 2022), I have had two fuel-ups since owning it and I'm a bit frustrated with the fuel gauge. I have done some searching on these forums and I've seen...
  7. mrrhtuner

2015 Passat TDI with TDI GEN3 PHASE 2 AEM pending

Hello everyone, I have recently purchased a new-to-me 2015 Passat TDI SE that I has 84,400km and one owner. It took a while to find something in good shape and I'm loving the car so far. Carfax and VW Canada shows that there is a pending open recall on the car: TDI GEN3 PHASE 2 AEM VW...
  8. mrrhtuner

Parts that are in play during shutdown/ASV?

Merry Christmas to you all! My 03 Jetta ALH Manual wagon decides to shut down nicely at times and shudder on shutdown the rest. The issue is not consistent and I'm unsure how to tackle this. I have swapped out the ASV with 3 others that I have spare. I have checked the vacuum line from the ASV...
  9. mrrhtuner

MK4 ALH - Engine On/Off flutter sound

Hello all, my MK4 alh manual wagon has sat for a year with periodically being turned on/driven and recently I fixed a few issues (steering related) and started driving it daily. One thing I noticed is that often when turning on the car in the mornings, I get this odd flutter sound. Sometimes...
  10. mrrhtuner

MK4 manual won't drive after being on jackstands

Good day everyone, I put my mk4 on jackstands so that I can remove the subframe and repair the power steering rack. Since I had the front up, I had the subframe bushings and LCA bushings replaced. I started to button everything back up and to finish off this job I replaced pads and rotors...
  11. mrrhtuner

MK4 Subframe Bushing Replacement

Hey everyone, While I'm trying to sort out my power steering rack issue (hard lines on order), I've decided to drop the subframe to make my life a bit easier. Dropping the subframe, I noticed that the two rear subframe bushings, the aluminum part of the bushing is nearly disintegrated/corroded...
  12. mrrhtuner

Anybody have a spare MK4 steering rack?

No longer required :-)
  13. mrrhtuner

MK4 Power Steering Leaking from Hard Lines

Hello everyone, My MK4 Jetta has a bad leak from one of the hard lines at the back of the power steering rack. I've done a bit of searching and the hard lines can be available for purchase but I'm wondering how many of you had actual success in removing the hard lines and installing new ones...
  14. mrrhtuner

MK4 with severely damaged jack point - How to raise car?

Hey guys, My 03 Wagon's passenger jack point is severely damaged (needs rocker replacement also) so I cannot jack the car up from that rail. I need to get the car in the air so that I can find why my power steering is leaking but I'm not sure how to safely jack up the car (without the jack...
  15. mrrhtuner

Anybody have MK4 TDI/2.0 Manual Axles laying around?

Hey all, I suspect that one of my MK4 rebuilt axles is starting to go (oem with oem rebuild kit from IDparts). Not sure why but to be safe I'm looking to pickup two spare left/right axles for a MK4 TDI/2.0 Manual transmission. If anybody has a set they don't need and are in working condition...
  16. mrrhtuner

How to determine faulty axle (Clicking while driving straight)

Hello all, My MK4 alh wagon had the transmission dogbone mount come loose last spring and unfortunately I drove around with the car for a few weeks in this state while I could make time to fix it. When I did fix and install a new mount (dogbone - trans to sub-frame), I drove a few days and...
  17. mrrhtuner

Does anybody have MK4 2.0/TDI Axles? SW Ontario

Hey everyone, does anybody have good working MK4 2.0/TDI Axles in southwestern ontario? Thanks
  18. mrrhtuner

MK4 ALH - Parting out car/engine - Can I remote IP easily?

Hello everyone, I'm parting out my spare ALH and the buyer doesn't want the injection pump. Is there any easy way to remove the injection pump without disrupting too much?? I realize it is belt driven by the timing belt.
  19. mrrhtuner

MK4 TDI rear wheel bearing...is this normal?

Hello everyone, I am in the process of doing the driver side rear wheel bearing/brakes and as I started on the rear passenger side I noticed that it makes a slight noise. I'm not sure if this is fine or not as the bearing without load may sound a bit different but I wanted to ask since if I'm...
  20. mrrhtuner

Anybody using a forced air heater in their home garage?

Hey guys, I'm looking to add some warmth to my cold garage. I have to insulate it better and rebuild it in the spring/summer but for this winter I want to pickup a propane forced air heater. Electric is out of the question as I do not have 220v and those 110v heaters don't work well enough for...