Search results

1. H

Odd electrical alternator/light?

Lately it has been taking some time to crank before the engine starts up. Assumed the battery was getting tired and just waited for it to give up the ghost. A couple of days ago while driving home the airbag and ABS light came on, lights and radio turned off. Drove the remaining 20 miles home...
  2. H

Car wont start

This is a 2002 TDI and daily driver. As the wife tried leaving work the car would not start - symptoms are..... 1) all lights, indicator and wipers work, lights have full power and do not dim when trying to start 2) battery light stays on after everything else cycles 3) starter does not turn...
  3. H

Car wont start

This is a 2002 TDI and daily driver. As the wife tried leaving work the car would not start - symptoms are..... 1) all lights, indicator and wipers work, lights have full power and do not dim when trying to start 2) battery light stays on after everything else cycles 3) starter does not turn...
  4. H

Free

Free Brochures - 2011 Scrirocco and Golf Nice Glossy brochures (2) from 2011 Scirocco (in German - very extensive in option and engines). (1) Brochure for 2011 Golf also in German and extensive. All I can do is drool over the the new Scirocco it has to be one of the nicest looking rides in its...
  5. H

TRADE - Clear codes for 2011 Scrirocco/Golf Brochure

Seattle area - Need a seatbelt and engine code light that I need to clear - Have a very nice brochure for 2011 Golf - two for 2011 Scrirroco for your trouble.
  6. H

VagCom help

Long story short... In 2002 converted 2001 Golf TDI stock cluster to Euro cluster - added the stalk etc... Two weeks ago I buy a 2002 Jetta TDI and have severe brain fart :confused::confused::confused::confused: by just pulling the cluster from the 2001 Golf and sticking it into the 2002 Jetta...
  7. H

IMMO problem

Long story short... In 2002 converted 2001 Golf TDI stock cluster to Euro cluster - added the stalk etc... Two weeks ago I buy a 2002 Jetta TDI and have severe brain fart :confused::confused::confused::confused: by just pulling the cluster from the 2001 Golf and sticking it into the 2002 Jetta...
  8. H

Suspension work in Seattle/Tacoma ??

Yes - it is me after a 3 year absence I got my Golf back from my son-in-law :D :D :D . Looking to have a GTI supension(70K) put in the tired Golf set-up (210K). Q - direct swap ?? How hard ??? Also heard some one was swapping automatics to 5-speed for $1200 - to good to be true ??
  9. H

Automatic Transmission Q

I noticed that If I get into stop'n'go traffic for 10-15 minutes that the transmission does not want to shift gears. It appears to be some type of heat related problem since it goes away after letting the car cool down for 10-15 minutes. Recently lost the transmission and even after the rebuild...
  10. H

WTB: Golf IV headlights

Reasonably priced headlights or do you have an extra Factory Bosch ballast ?
  11. H

Need Automatic tranny 2001 GOLF

As it states - need automatic transmission for 2001 Golf. Heinz 206-200-0296
  12. H

Free 10.1 Gal BioDiesel

If you have access to DR. Dans I have 10.1 gallons of Biodiesel for free :)
  13. H

Post cheap diesel in Seattle

Cheap diesel in the north end of Seattle - 76 station on 143rd and Greenwood at $2.78.
  14. H

Moving on....Heinz

It has been a great 6 1/2 years at the TDIclub and made many a good friends but it is time to move on - 7 year itch got me. The price of diesels are just to high for the miles I drive these days to justify buing a new one and the used market is getting stupid money. Sold my Golf to my daughters...
  15. H

2001 Golf GL TDI

Automatic - 2 door - 149K - very well maintained freeway miles. http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/196386994.html
  16. H

Vin# check

Does anyone have access to checking a Vin# ?? 3VWSF29M3YM058828 Thanks a bunch :):):)
  17. H

Still looking for MXV4 energy plus tires

Still looking for at least 2 too a full set of Michelin MXV4 Energy Plus in a 195 65 15 size.
  18. H

Looking for one Michelin MXV4

Looking for one 195 65 15 Michelin MXV4 tire with at least 90% thread - preferably in the NW to minimize shipping. I know some one out there has a spare floating around :):):)
  19. H

Wanted set of Michelin MXV4

Looking for (2) tires 195 x 65 x 15 with at least 90% tread.
  20. H

Poor mileage with Automatic !!!!!!!

Here it goes - long time driver (145K plus on a 2001 Golf) I have an automatic and usually got arround 42-45 highway but lately my mileage sucks around 34-36 mpg (Upsolute chip and .184 injectors) and recently driving it like a baby (just put on my 17" wheels - one is out of round but only...