Search results

1. Mongler98

[THREAD REPAIR] Timesert or Helicoil or JB wled? lets settle this.

Lets find out! Both PF and TTC did a video at the same time. i think this is enough to settle any questions you may have. Justifying what i have always preached here, that cheap tried and true helicoil and other similar repairs are not only cheaper but much much better than timesert. But do not...
  2. Mongler98

massive turbo explosion on fire from a litteral coal burning monster

Not sure where to post this but good idea of what happens when turbos fail..... had to share this.
  3. Mongler98

Vote: should i leave

I'll leave it to everyone. You all must vote. I know many of you hate my guts and some of you like me. Some of you hate what I say but believe in my right to be part of this group. Whatever the case may be. Vote. I'll do whatever the mob demands. I'm not a troll or a bad guy. I do what I...
  4. Mongler98

Blue mk3 tdi side of the road today 5/20 in PA on 81

I was next to this guy and he had to pull over to the emergency lane and stopped. I tried to get over to help but the truck behind me and traffic. By the time I got over I was a mile down the highway. Hope you see this and didnt have any major issues. Or we are probably going to find out why you...
  5. Mongler98

Give me your recommendations for road trip locations.

Please tell me what locations you would recommend to go to, can be anywhere east of the Rockies this time! Anything you have seen or been to or whatever where ever! zoo's, museums, the best chilly dog stand, motorcycle/car spead musems, small and big, crazy restaurants that stand out...
  6. Mongler98

Old man and his retired car

Saw a NICE TDI on the news... here is the video
  7. Mongler98

IS anyone else having issues with the forums being excessively slow?

for the last week and still ongoing, it takes about 2 minutes to load this site and another 5 minutes to navigate around and upload and usually it fails and 404's or times out. is this an issue that admins know about or is it just me. I pinged this site and both free ping test and is it down all...
  8. Mongler98

****944 AHU build (CLUTCH TIME) please advise ****

So it’s time. I am starting the list for making this engine (AHU) fit in the 944s bay. 1st and foremost is the adapting and mounting the torque tube to the clutch on the AHU. 1st question I think is the most important; does the AHU's flywheel have a seat bushing for the input shaft at the end...
  9. Mongler98

Sighting! Brown/bronze jetta waggon MD??? Spotted???

I passed you on my blue Kawasaki Ninja (motorcycle) gave you the thumbs up! got a nod out of you! on 70 West bound going to hagerstown yes i know there is a sightings page but its vacant and no one looks there! move this thread after a chance for this mystery driver to at least PM me or come...
  10. Mongler98

NEW Gauges. Best IMO gauges money can buy

So i've been out of the performance parts loop for a little while like 5 years lol since i have ordered anything from auber, looking around and low and behold, AUBER has come out with a new gauge design like almost 5 years ago. no longer a square panel gauge. now you can use a pillar gauge or...
  11. Mongler98

Draw back to 90* orientation AHU

In my conversation swap on the 944 I plan on mounting the ahu in. 90* up and down. I'm running a dry sump to A: clear the steering rack and sub frame on the 944, and B: to lower the engine so it will clear the hood. I'm going to run an electrical water, ps, and possibly ac, but the engine needs...
  12. Mongler98

R.I.P MK3 TDI Memorial Tribute

I did a tribute to my MK3 TDI. I shed a few man tears making this video and when i took her to the grave yesterday. Good night sweet prince. you will be missed, thank you for your thousands of smiles per mile i had with you! Please take a few minutes and watch this video i made commemorating her...
  13. Mongler98

Brake booster removal *WITH VIDEO*

VW MK3 Jetta/Golf Brake booster removal from pedal ONE FLAT HEAD METHOD, no special tools not going to say much, just watch the video. in a nutshell, i have never been able to find any decent content on this other than some bad advice and how to use the proper tool. SO THIS IS HOW I DID IT
  14. Mongler98

*Wiring harness (944 project) strip the jetta phase, quick question*

Q: What are the NON essential wires (part of the harness) that i do not need for a engine swap to a non TDI non VW Not looking for the entire bible here, just a few chapters so i can get it out of the car and work on it later. I am going to use the entire pedal assembly out of the jetta into...
  15. Mongler98

No longer a pipe dream (TDI 944 swap starts now)

I know I have been on and on about my swap and build. Today marks the start of the long process for me to swap my AHU into a 1984 Porsche 944 with an aggressive 400HP goal bla bla bla; I’ll get to all that later on. I'll end up with a build blog, YouTube updates (they will be doggy and camera...
  16. Mongler98

quick question before i order parts axle maybe?

2004 ford escape 3.0 v6 4x4 Symptoms: all coming from the left hand side front of the escape 1: at low to no load cruising at speeds past 20mph there is a "lurch" or sudden moment of engagement that is not smooth, not hard or very noticeable and it jars the steering wheel only by feel as well...
  17. Mongler98

Will Annual Oil Change Damage Your Car? Let's find out!

Will Annual Oil Change Damage Your Car? Let's find out!
  18. Mongler98

Parting out MK3, lots of goodies (w/Link)

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=5536061 I know, i have it posted in classifieds but i get a lot of PM's that never even been in the classifieds. So ill post it here for those who don't troll through all of the forums.
  19. Mongler98

If your using Power Service additive, WATCH THIS

I know in some threads recetly i have been slamming powerservice and calling it snake oil and that its really only good for gelling. well yea thats about all its ok at doing, and its not even good at it. Ok, so i wont call it snake oil completely but the 911 is defiantly snake oil and probably...
  20. Mongler98

Ripping and stand up a Jetta, (any car)

In a nut shell, what is everyone's 2 cents on the cheapest and safest way to put a car up on blocks high enough to scoot under to take things off but not to tall to still be able to pull the engine and trans from the top. Mk3 Jetta here. As some may know, she is getting stripped and scrapped...