Search results

1. S

Adblue tank or other diesel specific part unavailability - anyone else dealing with this?

I had a leaking Ad Blue tank (also 2015 Golf) , but after a few missteps, it got repaired, and so far, so good.
  2. S

Anyone still have their TDI's?

Thanks for the welcome back, and the bushings had been a thought as well
  3. S

Anyone still have their TDI's?

I haven't been around for a few (5-6 ?) years, but 1. I'm still driving my 2000 NB (5 speed conversion). 385,000+ miles. Clearcoat doesn't look very good, some rust spots. Have a loose glowplug that will require pulling / replacing the head to fix. Front suspension rattles like heck, needs new...
  4. S

Terrible fuel economy alh autotragic

My 2000 NB TDI was , like I posted above, usually good for 35-38 MPG driving around Raleigh NC, being as I lived out in the country and I had to go do highway driving to go ANYWHERE. This was with the original OEM O1M 4 speed autotragic. At around 129K miles it would periodically throw the MIL...
  5. S

No more Shell Rosella T6 in quarts?

Unable to find any T6 around here for the last couple of months. Resorted to buying a gallon / 5L of LubriMoly from Id Parts to keep in my 2000 NB for top off.
  6. S

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

I didn't need to see that. We're roadtripping from Kansas City on Sat Jun 25 (local D2 $5.009 - $5.499) to Perryville Md for family reunion, coming home starting Fri Jul1, taking mostly I70, but taking Pa Turnpike to about Lancaster.
  7. S

Help me understand "tuning" options if I want better fuel economy.

Hey genius - how can we tell what your MPG is without knowing the size of your tank ? 500 miles for a tank could mean anything from 10 MPG to 60 (or more) MPG.
  8. S

IBW is 20!

My 2000 New Beetle is still running strong (381K miles), Only "problems" are an oil leak around the turbocharger, and number 2 glowplug won't come out - it just spins (probably needs a new head). With an RC2 tune and 4 sizes oversized fuel injector nozzles, it's been running great. I can pull...
  9. S

Current price of diesel

I was planning on that as much as possible. Next decisions - go fast (70 mph+, but only about 40-42 Mpg) or go slow ( 60-65 Mph (43-44 mpg)).
  10. S

Current price of diesel

My only comment is that fuel prices have jumped too much. Unfortunatly, all I own for cars are VW TDI's ( :) ) I found 1 station at $4.65 (that will probably change when they run out and get a fillup), just about all others are $5.19 -$5.49 (KC area) I'm going to be taking a trip to Maryland...
  11. S

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

You're a small guy compared to me - 6feet, 250-260 pounds (no idea on chest size, but I buy shirts at the Big and Tall stores)
  12. S

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

381,000 Miles on 2000 NB, 5 speed conversion Edit Apr 29, 2022 - I'm pretty disappointed if I don't get at least 550 miles, if not 600 miles on a tank. My very best was 717 miles on 16.95 gallons Besides the 5 speed conversion, - RC2 (customized to minimize smoke with ->) , Larger fuel...
  13. S

What can be done to increase fuel economy?

2000 NB I don't know what nozzles I have, but I know they are larger than stock (by several sizes). Customized RC2 to minimize smoke. Cat deleted. However - it has been shown that running with A/C is actually cheaper than windows open.
  14. S

Replace Dipstick tube

2000 NB ALH. The "blanket" on the hood is falling apart (will be removing shortly), and it broke the dipstick tube real close to the block. How do i get it out and put in a replacement ?
  15. S

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

Got it and deposited $40.27
  16. S

2000 TDI hard to start & no fuel pump priming sound

Fuel filters should be replaced every 20,000 miles (32000 KM), and I would before every winter anyway if it gets real cold at your location.
  17. S

Long time member - changed battery, radio in Safe mode , 2000 Beetle

Ok - went to take the Beetle out on some errands this morning - radio code not needed I'm a happy camper. I guess it took longer because I took the old battery out before I had the new one RIGHT THERE. Theory on all the funky lights , etc. - I may have put an AGM battery in last time, while...
  18. S

What can be done to increase fuel economy?

SLowdown ( i.e. follow the speed limit).
  19. S

Stories when filling up at "gasoline station"

NJ and OREGON, not Washington.
  20. S

Long time member - changed battery, radio in Safe mode , 2000 Beetle

As far as I know , it was. - 12.4 volts. I'll see about driving around tomorrow (more than 10-15 minutes) and see if that does it.