Search results

1. C

What other cars have you DRIVEN as you consider replacement?

Picked up a 2016 Ram 1500 ecodiesel a few weeks ago. It will replace my 2011 sportwagen and my 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. Love it so far.
  2. C

Dieselgate: Volkswagen to Spend Up to $14.7 Billion to Settle ...

Blocked him months ago. I suggest you do the same.
  3. C

I'm probably going to drive this car for a year or two before accepting a buy back, I have 93000 miles and will drive it under the 1040 miles a month so the buy back number stays the same or goes up.
  4. C

This article nails it. Why we are getting a raw deal. http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a30118/vw-emissions-settlement/
  5. C

If you look at the poll on this thread, it puts the buy back and fix group at about 85 percent.
  6. C

Just keep it and drive it. Nobody will make you turn it in.
  7. C

That's my beef too. Its makes the offer in reality $1,200 less in my case.
  8. C

Wow, I looked up the charts, read the information and figured out the buyback amount and fix amount in about 10 minutes, really nothing difficult about it. Its a fairly simple formula.
  9. C

What's gonna go down on Tuesday?

My 2011 Jetta sportwagen with 93000 will have a buyback value of $17,387 with mileage adjustment and 6spd manual. Its not hard to figure out.
  10. C

My 2011 Jetta sportwagen with 93000 will have a buyback value of $17,387 with mileage adjustment and 6spd manual. Its not hard to figure out.
  11. C

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/06/10/volkswagen-scandal-diesel-emissions-cheating-pollution-column/85165552/
  12. C

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

The price of diesel in my neck of the woods is usually less than gas during the summer and more expensive in the winter. I also found that diesel prices don't fluctuate as quickly as gas does.
  13. C

I agree, I hope diesel gate never ends, I fear losing the only positive that has come out of this mess, my beautiful insightful gear head girl.
  14. C

Those aren't people, it's gearhead girl. She lives in her own VW universe full of unicorns and puppies.
  15. C

I want to put you on the ignore list, but I can't. It's that train wreck that I must slow down and look at, or a monkey riding a little bicycle or a squirrel water skiing. I can't quit you.
  16. C

Down the road I can see a good market for unfixed TDI's and probably modded ones too with DPF deletes, tune and CP3 fuel pump. I think they will be much more desirable than a "fixed" TDI so I will have no problem keeping mine if I don't like my options from VW.
  17. C

While I agree with you, I will wait and see what the real offer is. If its a straight buyback at just pre-scandal market value, not a chance in hell. I hope its not just 2 options: buyback pre-scandal or fix plus cash, I hope for a 3rd option of keep as is plus compensation. Not interested in...
  18. C

I'm surprised you would accept any buyback or compensation, you have been a big supporter of VW telling people VW owes them nothing as we have suffered no loss and we are all just whiners.