Search results

1. Corsair

02J noise getting louder....

11 days ago, maybe decision has been made & pulled the trigger already? Just wanted to offer another thumbs up for Dutch Auto Parts. I bought a rebuilt 02J, installed my own 5th gear 0.700 (Darkside). Have about 2k miles on the trans, very happy with it- quiet, shifts like new.
  2. Corsair

How to upload photos in Xenforo and use them in your posts

Everything works until I get to item 5. I'm not getting these menu options. I have dropped photos directly into my posts from my PC but I would still like to have what I post on TDIClub stored with TDIClub. Vince Waldon said...
  3. Corsair

FS Bosio P706 nozzles NIB $100 FS Frostheater HTR16 NIB $100 Central NY

FS Bosio P706 Sprint nozzles set/4 NIB $100 FS Bosio P706 Sprint nozzles set of 4 new in box. These are stock nozzles for 2002 ALH w/ manual trans. Bought several years ago, never installed, these have always remained in box w/ factory packing material. $100 shipped via USPS to street...
  4. 20201031_183916_C1_inj2.jpg

20201031_183916_C1_inj2.jpg

Bosio P706 2
  5. 20201031_183909_C1_inj1.jpg

20201031_183909_C1_inj1.jpg

Bosio 1
  6. 20201031_183650_C1_FH2.jpg

20201031_183650_C1_FH2.jpg

Frostheater HTR16 2
  7. 20201031_183632_C1_FH1.jpg

20201031_183632_C1_FH1.jpg

Frostheater HTR16 1
  8. Corsair

Dash Gauges Losing Power

Another 0.02- If the system Voltage gets too high, the car will shut down the instrument cluster (and not sure what else) in order to protect. Sorry I don't know what the high threshold Voltage is for shutdown. I experienced this several years ago when the regulator failed and allowed the...
  9. Corsair

Why do You Still Have Your MK4 TDI?

2002 Jetta TDI 5M, bought new Because the car is robust as others have eloquently described, because I like it and because I don't make financial / maintenance decisions based solely relative to the car's (now miniscule) book value. I'm presently in process of rebuilding the engine at 354K...
  10. Corsair

Side Skirt Fasteners

Greetings to all. Been a while since I posted on here, but thought I'd pass this along... Resurrecting a year old post, but it's exactly on the topic I intended... By accident, I found the "real deal" original round metal internal star fasteners used for the side skirts on MKIV's. Not...
  11. Corsair

Oil cooler seals replacement

I benefitted from a different recent thread (that I can't find now, sorry)- I changed these seals on my 02 Jetta about 9 months ago. Ended up doing it twice because I over-torqued the bolt on first try. These are known for leaking if too much torque is applied (at least, that's what the...
  12. Corsair

ALH Timing belt question

Ditto the above responses. Also, the opposite end of the cam, where cam plate inserts- looks like the slot has some deformation damage. Take the inputs of the real TDI gurus over my own, I'm just a backyard hobbyist. But personally, I'd be inclined to remove the head and at least inspect...
  13. Corsair

Advice wanted, used ALH Jetta 150k

TDIs, especially the older ones, take a while before they make significant cabin heat. I'd recommend give that lots of thought before deciding to get a TDI for a winter car.
  14. Corsair

Rev Limited?

yes. My 2014 JSW does same. If not in gear, it is limited to 2500 RPM.
  15. Corsair

Keeping the Old 2002

Similar story here. Back when I bought my 2014 JSW, I chose to keep the old '02 Jetta TDI sedan (bought new). Since learning about the buyback, I'm leaning largely toward letting the '14 JSW go, but never questioned keeping "old faithful". It has about 339K on the ODO. Due for next TB at...
  16. Corsair

Intermittent no boost??

When the low power strikes, have you noticed that shutting the engine off and re-starting fixes it (until the next time...) ? If yes, that's a classic confirmation of what's known as limp mode. This condition is fairly common, and doesn't always set a CEL. (In fact, I think it rarely sets a...
  17. Corsair

Spinning bumper cover bolts

The dread mounts.... I have agreed to replace the headlights on a friend's 2006 Jetta because they are badly fogged. The job is easy enough, save for the extra hurdles of rusted fasteners. And the car I'm talking about... is well rusted.
  18. Corsair

Losing power, no idea why and need help!

Your description is a classic symptom of a well known condition "limp mode". The observation that shutting off and re-starting the engine is 99% confirmation. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179589 Credit to Canadian Grizzly!
  19. Corsair

Clutch replacement

Note the slave cylinder can be replaced from outside, doesn't require separating the engine / trans.
  20. Corsair

What is this?

Yes it needs replacing. Actually, both sides should be done because the springs (life) should be used as pairs.