Search results

1. W

Very odd no-start symptoms: Please Help!

Can you bump start it? Yeah I know I'll probably be called the tdi antichrist, but I had to do it when mine wouldn't crank. You said the starter checked out good? I had a starter go bad on my 96 Passat. The large braided lead/bonding jumper on the starter (approx 1/2" wide) from the solenoid...
  2. W

GQ ECU for sale

Is that GQ ECU still available? Kinda need one. Mine is throwing two 65535 memory faults that won't clear. Car will start then immediately die. Yes the MAP tube has been replaced in the ECU...the sockets have been cleaned (deoxit'd)...just haven't had someone attemp to reflow any of the solder...
  3. W

Clear diesel in Columbus, OH

I've used it MO. Never noticed any difference in economy, engine noise, or smoke. (I have a record of every fillup on the car..hehe) mainly that they want, on average, about 10 - 15 cents more than I can get D2 at between Home and CMH. I'll run the 3 tanks with the Exxon at Cassidy and...
  4. W

Brembo + Mintex = warped rotors

Albeit I haven't done brakes on the A4 yet. But my A3 98 Jetta has brembo rotors on the front with PBR pads for about 40k+ miles with no warping. I have full intentions of putting the brembo/PBR combination on the wife's A4 when the time comes.
  5. W

Coolant question

[ QUOTE ] no, it's a dealer-only or IMPEX kind of product. [/ QUOTE ] DD, I got Pentosin brand G12 (pink) from my local foreign car parts shop. A little birdie told me that the NEW G12, which is said to be purple, can be mixed with G11.
  6. W

Hella Ecode B4 Headlights *DELETED*

Hella Ecode B4 Headlights Yeah, they are nice poet. Especially after you get them aimed the way you like. ...now to get the city lights working....
  7. W

Help with 98 Jetta please

My best un-educated guess is that the ECU is seeing the quantity adjuster (in the injection pump) stuck at the upper end. Seeing you're getting white smoke and rough running, it sounds like it's dumping a bunch of fuel in the cylinders. Either something's messed up in the pump or a sensor is...
  8. W

97 Passat wheelbase?

97 Passat Sedan specs as listed on Edmunds.com
  9. W

Ventectomy on a B4???

I'd take it to the car wash first and clean the crud out from the top of the wheel well around the filler neck. You'll be surprised how much is up there. not the best quality pic....
  10. wheel_well_dirt

wheel_well_dirt

11. W

CEL Code P0605

Go to an autozone to get the codes causing the CEL and they should be able to clear it for you. A stealer will charge you between $80-$100 to do that. Or find someone near you on the VAG-COM list at the top of the page. As for the blinking gp light? I know that's an indication of a possible...
  12. W

96 Passat Fuel Injection pump is leaking

http://www.metalnerd.com/
  13. W

Pierburg MAF Failures???

[ QUOTE ] For anyone wondering if the Vag-Com is worth the investment...I pulled the code, did the test drive with the MAF disconnected, cleaned the old one and put the old one back in in less than 1/2 hour. No cost.. Try doing that using your local stealership. [/ QUOTE ] that would be...
  14. W

Rough ride

A broken belt inside the tire will feel like a bent rim, loose wheel, out of balance wheel, ect. I'll never forget my 2nd year A&P instructor having a few of us drive his car around the parking lot to try to identify the cause of what felt like an out of balance wheel. Nothing you can do but...
  15. W

A3/B4 Injection pump fer sayle.

Where was that thing last July when mine died? LOL Sure would have been cheaper than the dealer.
  16. W

Break-in Period

TIT = Turbine Inlet Temperature? a.k.a. EGT = Exhaust Gas Temperature The temperature of the exhaust gasses just before entering the tubine side of the turbocharger. I thought most people installed an EGT probe in the down pipe after the turbocharger? I would assume though, that the TIT...
  17. W

Need Help Again Please

[ QUOTE ] Well I got the 97 B4 up and running. Replaced all rubber coupling on the intake. After one being bad and repairing it then another blew out so replacing all of them was the best thing to do. Anyway I now have a problem that I am not sure of. I think the map sensor is bad. When pulling...
  18. W

this injection pump is killing me!

Try this thread.
  19. W

this injection pump is killing me!

$1800+ if you have a VW shop do it. I thought there was someone in Wasington state or Oregon. Late last summer or fall I recall someone sending a pump for repair and it cost them about $600.
  20. W

New '04 Jetta TDI topped off with unleaded :(

New \'04 Jetta TDI topped off with unleaded :( Sorry to hear that. I know if I were in your shoes, I'd be pushing for another car. They just screwed the pooch. There is no DOUBT about WHO did it. Hope it all turns out alright.