Search results

1. WantingaTDI

Transmission cover leak

The transmission cover on my MKIV Golf is leaking. I touched it with a screw driver and created a very pronounced hole. Is this common and, where can we replace the transmission cover cheaply? I found this for 70 from IDI parts...
  2. WantingaTDI

FS:2003 Golf TDI GLS ALH ~180k, 5 Speed Manual (Western Mass)

All-- I am selling my black 2003 Golf GLS ALH with 178k. It is a 5 speed transmission with alloy wheels, arm rest, sunroof. Primary reason for selling is that I wasn't able to find the oil leak and need to move on. I bought an 08 A3 manual transmission gasser. Perhaps I'll get a TDI again...
  3. WantingaTDI

Oil Leak Locating? MKIV VE ALH

I have been trying to track down an oil leak. When I removed the flex pipe and cat today as the flex pipe needed replacement, I got a better look. A few weeks ago, I replaced the vac pump seal and RTV sealed the valve cover I also replaced the braided oil return line about 5k ago trying to...
  4. WantingaTDI

MKIV Skidplate or Belly Pan

I am in Vermont and looking for a used (good condition) skid pate or belly pan for my MKIV Golf. Metal Panzer Plate or another brand or the stock belly plan in good condition. Let me know if you have one. Thanks Mark
  5. WantingaTDI

Loose Lugs and aftermath

There is a question for the forum at the end of the post. I bought tires from Costco a few years ago and they have a free tire rotation service and fixing leaks etc. I brought my car in at the end of December to have a leak fixed in one tire and the tires rotated. A week later I was driving...
  6. WantingaTDI

Under body rust

Any recommendations on taking care of underbody rust? Is there a forum thread on taking care of it? (Searched and didn't see it.) Most of the body shops in the area say they only do collision repair. I put the car on jackstands and one size the side skirts/rocker panel is in need of work. Do...
  7. WantingaTDI

A4 Golf hatch brake light

Had to buy a new hatch, so I have the over the trunk brake light from my old hatch. 30+ Shipping/OBO.
  8. WantingaTDI

Buy a 2009 TDI now in light of the news?

My VW is a 2003 TDI so it is a no go for any refund.. Should I try gaming the system and buying something like this 2009 TDI for $4k and get money from VW and a buy back? We know they won't have a fix for one of the earlier ones.. http://annapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5562395400.html (no...
  9. WantingaTDI

FS -- 3rd Brake Light, VW Golf MKIV

Had to buy a new hatch, so I have the over the trunk brake light from my old hatch. 20+ Shipping/OBO.
  10. WantingaTDI

WTB: Black Hatch for MKIV Golf

Wanted, black hatch for my golf. Thanks, Mark
  11. WantingaTDI

Suspension Springs?

The front driver side suspension spring on my 2003 Golf broke near the bottom. Has ~100k Is this common on Golf's? What is the likely cause? I have not pulled the shock out yet. Is it likely bad and this is a symptom? Finally, Where can I get a new spring or two new ones for each side? I...
  12. WantingaTDI

Long-delayed diesel study published

http://www.iwatchnews.org/2012/03/02/8309/long-delayed-diesel-study-published http://www.oxfordjournals.org/our_journals/jnci/press_releases/attfielddjs035.pdf Synopsis: By Jim Morris 12:21 pm, March 2, 2012 Updated: 3:46 pm, March 2, 2012 Landmark diesel exhaust study stalled amid industry...
  13. WantingaTDI

Moonsoon Amp $5 + Shipping

I have this monsoon amp from a 2003 Golf. I want it gone. If you are local to Washington DC and can pick up, it is totally free. If I ship it is shipping +5. Let me know if you want this. Thanks, Mark It looks like what this guy is selling on Vortex...
  14. WantingaTDI

FS: Rear Brakepads MKIV and Tools

I bought brake pads for my car and rented the tools to change them and then misplaced both! I ended up buying new pads and borrowing another tool. My loss your gain! -Duralast Gold DG340, New in box -OEM 27111 Disc Brake Tool Set Looking for $75 shipped for the set.
  15. WantingaTDI

Loud noise, when driving at highway speed

Folks- My car is making a loud ish gear noise when traveling at high speeds. *I have taken the car out of gear and the noise persists which makes me think it may be a lack of fluid in the transaxel or something. I have put a different set of tires on and the sound is not from the tires... Any...
  16. WantingaTDI

New in Box - Zero Start 800 FS $69 and outdoor timer shipped (in US).

I purchased a Zero Start 8000 coolant heater a few years ago while living in Vermont and working at ski mountain on weekends. I never installed it. Now I am living in DC where it does not get cold, I don't have any place to plug it in, so it doesn't make sense for me to keep it. I also have a...
  17. WantingaTDI

WTB- Injector Pump for ALH 1.9 Manual

Finally looking for an IP. -Thanks, M
  18. WantingaTDI

Hard Starting

I have posted before but hope someone has a good answer.. Now that it is getting colder the starting has been getting harder. I have an 03 TDI ALH which is very hard to start. I crank the starter and the engine will crank strongly and eventually will crank a bit faster and then start. If I...
  19. WantingaTDI

EPA Awards $5.6 Million to Spur New Clean Diesel Technologies

Grants News Release (HQ): EPA Awards $5.6 Million to Spur New Clean Diesel TechnologiesGrants News Release (HQ): EPA Awards $5.6 Million to Spur New Clean Diesel Technologies U.S. EPA to: Mark Seltzer 07/22/2010 12:54 PM Show Details Security: Some images were prevented...
  20. WantingaTDI

Relay 109 Symptoms, but not R109

Hey- To start out I just bought a new relay 109 at the dealer but this didn't fix my problem. Turn key, no dash lights come on. Dash is blank, though door beep works as do interior lights and radio. After about 30 seconds or so the dash lights might come on and the car will start and drive...