Search results

1. D

Inland Northwest 4th Annual Cruise, Show & Shine - April 21-22, 2007

I'll spread the news and perhaps I won't be the only TDI again this year. Cruise around Lake Coeur D’Alene in Northern Idaho on Saturday the 21st. Show & Shine in Spokane, Washington on Sunday the 22nd. Select link for details. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3050011
  2. D

WTBuy, Rent, or Borrow – Alternator Pulley Tool Set

WTBuy, Rent, or Borrow – Alternator Pulley Tool Set - SOLVED! Need to get my car back on the road this coming weekend. Metalnerd is back ordered. Please let me know if you can help or have another source!
  3. D

Altenator Pulley Part Number Please

2003 Golf GLS TDI 5spd 120AMP Thank you in advance.
  4. D

Parts Numbers Needed Please

For the ribbed accessory belt - “Idler Roller” and “Tensioning Roller.” A good place to purchase on-line? Also, if anyone would care to provide me access to a copy of ETKA, please PM me. Thanks for your help!
  5. D

Cell Phone Responsible For Your Next Speeding

I was at the dentist yesterday and read an article in October Motor Trend discussing how they were starting to monitor traffic speed for up to the minute traffic reports by using the technology that can locate cell phones for 911. It measures the speed that the phone travels by triangulating the...
  6. D

My New CAT II Fuel Filter “T” Fitting Clamp

It is made from a scrap of stainless steel sheet metal, two - 1.25” long stainless steel bolts w/washers, and some electrical shrinkrap to protect the fuel lines from the bolt threads. I was hoping to show this to Greg at the fest. A few of you that have the CATII setup with the old...
  7. D

Clean Inside Your Front Fender Liner!

Two years ago this coming September, I installed the mud flaps at a GTG. While doing that install, I discovered debris inside the front fender liners after just 2 months of ownership. I posted pics here and stated that I thought this should be an annual maintenance issue. Well I didn’t do the...
  8. D

WTB: Thule or Yakima Roof Rack For MK4 Golf/Jetta

Basic rack system – bars, feet, clips. Fairing and locks are a plus. I am not really looking for other accessories.
  9. D

Does Anyone Have The “On-Time” System?

Just heard this am on the radio during my commute. Dealers and finance companies are installing an ignition lockout chip to your diagnostics plug that warns you a few days in advance that your vehicle payment is due. It then locks out your ignition if the payment becomes past due. They didn’t go...
  10. D

Air-conditioner Hose Info/PRT# & ETKA Pic - Please

03MY Golf GLS TDI 5spd. Air-conditioner lower hose connected to the bottom of the vertical cylinder – curves up next to IC. A picture would help me in locating the other end. I nicked it while trimming a custom IC duct for my Hella DE installation. I didn’t puncture it. However, it is probably...
  11. D

Rocket Chip 2/3, 11mm FP, & RR216 – Which Clutch?

My plan for my 03MY Golf is to run a Rocket Chip 2/3, 11mm fuel pump, and RR216 (B203) injectors. I will also be frequently towing up to 2klbs. I know I need to upgrade my clutch and I want to keep the DMF. I am looking at the Spec Stage II @398# of torque. However, I see the Spec Stage III is...
  12. D

Air Lift Installed!!! Lift Pic Added

I installed the Air Lift coil spring air bags this weekend. These are great. I can get up to 3” of lift over the rubber coil spring inserts I was using before (with the same load in vehicle). The ride is softer than with the inserts and the airbags must be acting much as an aftermarket rear...
  13. D

Do You Tow or Haul With Your TDI?

According to the following post, there is a set of air bag suspension inserts that fits into the rear coil springs on our A4 TDIs. The part number for the kit is a special order item sold only through Air Lift dealers, and even Air Lift doesn’t list an application for the number. Air Lift Post...
  14. D

FYI: Hella Micro DE Fog Lights Group Buy

Just found this: VWVortex Hella Micro DE GB Page Golf/GTI kit for $158 Jetta kit with remote $247 I am going to do a little comparison-shopping to check prices first. But if I recall correctly, this should be a good price.
  15. D

A Truly Hidden Hitch (when not in use) PHASE II

See: Hitch Update & Phase II Post
  16. D

WTB: NON-Working EGR/Shutter Valve Assembly

Must be a complete assembly and fit an 03MY 1.9, 90HP TDI.
  17. D

PNWesterners Driving To The 2005 TDIFest

Please see this thread!
  18. D

PNWesterners Driving To The 2005 TDIFest - UPDATED

Yesterday August 10th, I finally got my vacation approved. I put in for it last winter, however the company was sold in April. The new management thought they might like to hold a training session during my vacation and held off approving me until that matter was decided on. Above is a pic...
  19. D

You Meet The Nicest People At Fred’s

I got an email earlier this week from a fellow club member that I had never met, saying that he would be in my town yesterday and asking if I would like to get together for lunch. He met me at my work and we went to a local MexiCally place. We had a great conversation about our cars, GTGs, and...
  20. D

Brakes @ 40,659 Miles + Upgrade Rears ???

I put on snow tires yesterday, so I inspected my brakes as part of the 40k service. Here are pics of all outside pads. Inside pad wear looked similar for all fours. This is with approximately 15% of the miles pulling a 1300-1500lb trailer/load. Driver front = hair over 13/32” Passenger...