Search results

1. D

"Emissions Service Action 23Z8" for 3.0L Gen2 PC

I haven't scanned with VCDS, but I haven't had the check engine light come on at all, or really any other trouble since I did the fix nearly 30k miles ago. I'll look for the other thread--I'd just expected it to be mentioned here due to the Dieselgate connection.
  2. D

"Emissions Service Action 23Z8" for 3.0L Gen2 PC

Got a letter over the weekend from Audi notifying me of this "service action", "to reduce soot accumulation related to the oxygen sensor." It appears to involve replacing and relocating the O2 sensor, replacing the DPF and diesel oxidation catalyst, and a software update. They claim this "will...
  3. D

Is this the first 3.0L TDI Gen 2 buyback, potentially?

"as a gesture of good will" (not to mention in compliance with the express requirements of the settlement agreement)...
  4. D

Buyback Lessons Learned

Does your question have anything at all to do with the Dieselgate scandal, the class action settlement, or even TDIs at all?
  5. D

do both owners have to be there for turn in?

There are two POA forms, one from the owner(s) to VW to allow them to sign title paperwork, and one from the owner(s) to someone else to allow the "someone else" to do the buyback. The latter would be used here.
  6. D

When do we indicate our preferred payment method for a buyback?

Usually you'll get the email from Chase the evening of the next business day after you do the buyback.
  7. D

Goodbye...parting is such sweet sorrow

...and that's being a hypocrite... how, exactly?
  8. D

Very, very confused offered buy back

Because the sellers didn't know any better. And many of us took advantage of their ignorance.
  9. D

Buyback question about sales tax

Neither new nor same brand is a requirement under the 3.0 settlement (though depending on your state's rules on the subject, the trade-in may only benefit you with a new car). It has to be sold by the same dealer, but many dealers sell more than one brand.
  10. D

Buyback question about sales tax

It's going to depend on your state's rules, but the key point is that it's two separate transactions--you're selling your car to VW (not to any dealer), and you're buying a different car from a dealer (not from VW). The 3.0 settlement gave you a trade-in as an option, but the 2.0 settlement...
  11. D

Was Not Notified of 2.0L Buy Back by VW EVER!

That's odd--why would they do that? But OK, if they did it for you, they may have done it for others. So, @CetaneJones, when and from whom did you buy your car? Does it already have Phase 1 of the fix applied? Because if it does, you were never eligible for the buyback. As to knowing about...
  12. D

Was Not Notified of 2.0L Buy Back by VW EVER!

If you got a notice about Phase 2, that means Phase 1 was already done, which means you aren't eligible for the buyback (even if you'd filed a claim in time).
  13. D

Trading in your VW TDI? What will be your next car

I may have spoken too soon here. Only three fill-ups so far, but averaging 33 mpg. Not close to the A3, but better than I'd thought.
  14. D

Q5 3.0 TDI problems after fix need performance upgrade

The discrepancy is interesting--I also have a 2014 Q5 TDI, and had the fix done in late April. Since then, I've put nearly 10k miles on the car, mileage hasn't changed in the least, and I haven't noticed a difference in performance either. Shift points are higher, especially when cold, but...
  15. D

First impression of a fixed 3.0L TDI Gen 2

As someone who did experience the pre-fix Q5, I think it's still a good diesel. I had the fix done on mine at the end of April, and have put about 8000 miles on it since then. Mileage hasn't changed a bit. It does rev higher, especially when cold, but it warms up quickly enough that "when...
  16. D

The A4 is nice--really nice. Plenty of power, handles nicely, comfortable, plenty of bells and whistles (though it's missing the adaptive cruise control, unfortunately). And it's AWD, which the TDI A3s weren't--not that we're likely to need that much where we live. But... I've been driving...
  17. D

After nearly two years of on and off thought, my wife and I decided to sell back the A3--it's not every day you can buy a car, drive it for two years and 40k miles, and sell it for more than you paid for it. Replacement is this: A 2018 CPO A4 with 7000 miles. Buyback appointment is 9/21.
  18. D

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

No, not looking at the Ultras--but the regular 2.0T (available in FWD and AWD) isn't bad at all. I've rented them a few times with Silvercar (whom I highly recommend, BTW)--they're nicely equipped, peppy, adequate room, etc. My loaner A6 was very nice, and even with the 2.0T had plenty of...
  19. D

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

We've been on the fence about this, but are leaning toward selling back the A3 and replacing it with a CPO gasser A4--maybe wait until the fall when the 2019s come out, and pick up a CPO 2018. Though I had an A6 as a loaner earlier in the week, and they're really nice.
  20. D

Q5 front brakes

OK, pulled a wheel and measured a rotor, and they're 320s, all right. Also measured thickness with a caliper (yes, avoiding the slight ridge at the edge)--29.75mm. Per the manual, new is 30, wear limit is 28. That's making it hard to justify new rotors to myself, though I'll probably do them...