Search results

1. J

Mickey Filling? Where is my beloved button?

MICKEY! I have missed youse! :)
  2. J

How to install blower motor relays in your B4

Can I ask what SSR you used? I have a friend who wants to do this and needs to know.
  3. J

Hill holder?

I have a 2012 SE TDI. So a manual transmission. I have driven manual since I was taught how to drive in a 1936 Maxwell truck. (At least that is what I was told. Never have been able to verify the year or make.) When I first got my license, my father took me to San Francisco to learn how to drive...
  4. J

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Hah! You should have seen it in the '50s when I was growing up! :D The air quality is way better now. When I go back to visit, I am quite amazed. I still remember when I lived in Westchester, near Lincoln and Manchester streets. I went to Santa Monica City College then, and on the way down the...
  5. J

Survey on Dieselgate and TDIClub

Another typo: Joined move than ten years ago (before 2005) First question...
  6. J

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I have not read all of this thread but I did not see the NPR interview with the VW CEO where he says VW did not lie. Brass ones, he has. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/11/462682378/we-didnt-lie-volkswagen-ceo-says-of-emissions-scandal
  7. J

I have been reading the posts just to see what my 2012 Passat will be looking at. The quality has diminished a lot. It would be nice to clean it up. I bought my TDI's for the MPG they give me. All of the recalls for my 1999.5 Jetta and 2012 Passat have NOT been performed up to this point...
  8. J

Real World MPG - 6 speed Manual

Averaged 49.4 from Denver to key west FL and back. Averaged 50.7 from Denver to Phoenix and back. Driving at posted speed limits on both trips. Have 29K on the car now.
  9. J

Code Reset.

Near Tower and Hampden.
  10. J

Code Reset.

Darn. I could have reset it too. Oh well. I am not checking the site enough I guess. Steve in Aurora is a great mechanic for the TDI. I have used him forever.
  11. J

Tuned!

What kind of mileage did you get on the road after chipping?
  12. J

Another happy Farnham customer!

Yes. He is 'the one'. I bought my Passat in July of last year and will buy from him again when the time comes. And the drive home was fun! Even with the one way flight with my wife to PA, I saved money.
  13. J

dim-less self-dimming rearview mirror

OK. I have done my playing with the sensor. I really do not see an increase in the function of the mirror. I go to work at 0 dark 30. Covering the front sensor did not seem to improve the amount of dimming. Turning it off DID make it way worse. :) So, it still comes down to the fact that I wish...
  14. J

Stole my plan! Though I was going to try it first with a piece of black tape just to see if it did anything. Thanks for the idea! Would be wonderful if it works.
  15. J

I just tested my mirror while parked in my garage. I can see that there is some dimming but not as much as I would like. However, that being said, I put a flashlight on it and when it is dimming I can ALMOST stand the glare. When I turn the mirror off, the glare causes pain. :) So, I know I am...
  16. J

I do not have any window tinting.
  17. J

I have the same question and results. So far I have not seen anyway to improve the sensitivity. Hopefully some one might be able to assist us!
  18. J

headlights

I will be finding out. (They are $32 a pair BTW). Just ordered four. If they are as good as the ones I got for my Jetta and NB, I will be happy.
  19. J

headlights

I normally go to powerbulbs.com and have been intending to do so for the H7 bulb. My favorite is the night breaker. Has anyone here used them yet? I bought night breakers for my Jetta and NB. Both of the cars had REAL nice lights then. (My Jetta has EURO headlights.)