Search results

1. Y

Rear center seat belt is locked

I have ton a ton of reading and watching videos. The rear center belt is locked. I am trying to get the mechanism out so I can adjust the ball off the clip. Here is my problem. How do I get the rear center belt out so I can roll the ball off the clip? Or, replace the entire belt? Jay
  2. Y

Button above rear ash tray

Hello All, So my kids broke the rear ash tray. While taking the rear of the console apart, I finally saw what the button above it is. I have no idea what it does, but it does have some wires running to it. I am not sure what the purpose of the thick plastic either. What does this rectangle...
  3. Y

Blueish green body parts

I am guessing that the car I have is Northern Green. It is a Blueish Green in color. Well, 3 or so weeks ago I hit a deer delivering Girl Scout cookies. Last time I do late deliveries. Not much damage considering. I am finally looking for panels. I can find parts locally like the...
  4. Y

2005 Passat and Koni FSD

Hello All, I am wondering if I should try and scoop up a set of Koni FSDs as they are end of sale, or go with Koni yellows. Opinions?
  5. Y

2005 Passat wagon auto to 5sp

Hello All, I am a TDI owner again. After a long TDI drought I bought a 2005 Passat wagon. The auto is shot. The only other thing reported in the VAGCOM is 1 glow plug issue. It is pretty clean for a 13 year old car. I plan on doing a auto to manual swap. After doing some research and...
  6. Y

Clutch

Hello All, I think my clutch just went out as I was parking at work. I have never had one go out before so not sure what it is like. 2003 Jetta TDI manual, 124,000 miles on the car. The clutch pedal will not return back it stays about about an 8th of the way from the floor. When I...
  7. Y

Trunk will not open

Hello All, Over thanksgiving my trunk decided to stay shut. I must of made it mad. When I try with the fob, lever on the door, or Key I hear the motor work but it still stays locked shut. I am about to crawl in to the trunk from the back seats to take a look and see if I can get it open...
  8. Y

Lack of power sometimes

Tonight my 2003 Jetta TDI started to act funny. It really feels down on power. Sometimes at 2000 RPM it falls on its face then 2500 – 2800 it picks up again. I was thinking it could be a turbo, but I found a stretch of road with a fence by it and had all the windows open. I could hear the turbo...
  9. Y

Intermittent problem

Tonight my 2003 Jetta TDI started to act funny. It really feels down on power. Sometimes at 2000 RPM it falls on its face then 2500 – 2800 it picks up again. I was thinking it could be a turbo, but I found a stretch of road with a fence by it and had all the windows open. I could hear the...
  10. Y

The other side of the story

Here is a video showing the other side of the story on Global warming. Or I should say C02 emmisions. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2607961171169688269&q=global+swindle&total=282&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0
  11. Y

Day Time running lights

Hello All, So I noticed that sometime in the past week or two my day time runnings lights no longer comes on. I like this feature. Way back when I first bought the car I disabled them for about two weeks with some electrical tape on the correct pin on the headlight switch. But wife wanted me...
  12. Y

Struts

Ok, So I have been reading and researching what struts to go with. I have almost 100,000 miles on the car and they need to be changed as soon as it warms up here in Salt lake City. Looks like the prevailing choice is Bilstein TC struts. Would everyone agree? Where do I find them? Looking on the...
  13. Y

AMLS in Utah

It came to Tooele this weekend. Tons of fun. I love the event. I got some picutes altho I brought my Cannon A95 and I am not very good with the camera. There are 3 videos from the ALMS race. http://www.seventhc.com/index_files/page0001.htm Have some typos (ALMS)
  14. Y

Top Gear vid

What were these guys thinking? http://www.devilducky.com/media/57748/ Well, they got what they wanted, but I don't think they thought it would happen.
  15. Y

So long F1 drivers!

I know this is not a popular car on this board. The technical marvals to go this fast is amazing. http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/veyron/video/x157l2_bugatti-veyron-at-top-speed I love the comments, "I am leaving F1 drivers behind" and "No wonder Schumacher retired, he is too...
  16. Y

Springs under the seat

Hello All, I have a interesting problem. There are 2 springs that decided to move forward from under the 2 front seats. Both springs are avout 12 inches. Has what looks to be a rubber boot around part of it. I will take some pictures of them tonight. What are these springs used for? and...
  17. Y

Drivers side brake light

Hello, My rear Drivers side lights do not work. The drivers side brake lights work so I am leaning twards a bad drivers side circuit board. I have swaped out with good bulbs and treid known good bulbs. I did some searching and there are some recalls and such on the brake switch, but those...
  18. Y

2007 Dodge Ram 6.7 Cummins

September 1 is DC press kit day, and they are already revealing the January 2007 6.7 liter Cummins for the pickups will be rated at 350 hp @3000 rpm (it actually says 3013 rpm) and 650 lb-ft @ 1500 rpm. The 68RFE will also be available at the same time. Ready for the kicker? The engine is...
  19. Y

America Le Mans in Utah

Well, I finally saw some real race cars in this great state of Utah. I never went to RMR to see those events. Went to first day of practice. Whew! That was it SWEET. The 2 Audi R10s was there. During the hour and half dinner was an event on pit road called Stars and Cars. The Audi team...
  20. Y

B4 Passat engine issues

Let me start off that I do not do this or would I ever do this. I already have ready read many posts about this. I fully understand the issues. My brother in law burns his used oil from an oil change in his Cummins and TDI. He did this recently but did a 50/50 mix. 5 gallons of fuel to 5...