Search results

1. bhutchins

++ 2011 JSW 6MT Build ++

let me know if I can help...
  2. bhutchins

Looking for Guru in SF Bay Area

If you need VCDS, I'm nearby in (unincorporated area of) Lafayette (closer to Martinez)
  3. bhutchins

"Cold-air intakes" and "high-flow air filter" FAQ

some personal observations. I was running the AFE pro Dry drop in, in the factory box, and decided to try the carbonio intake. The carbonio is louder inside the cabin. then on a trip up to seattle, I was cruising 75 mph getting 42 mpg, when it started to rain.. the milage dropped to 36! the...
  4. bhutchins

Moving to Kent,WA wondering about emissions.

http://www.emissiontestwa.com/e/ Washington Vehicle Emission Check Program DIESEL VEHICLE OWNERS: These diesel vehicles do not require an emission test: All diesel powered passenger vehicles weighing less than 6,001 pounds All diesel vehicles model year 2007 and newer, regardless of weight...
  5. bhutchins

CR140 Stage 3

I ran a Bosch -044 pump (rated for 500 hours use with diesel) and it was the same cut out as the stock pump. after about 4 months, the fuse blew, so the -044 seals must be toasted 2micron also made me a prototype relief valve with a higher set point, and that didn't change anything, except...
  6. bhutchins

CR140 Stage 3

the pureflow kit re-routing some of the fuel reduced my rail pressure cut out by about 500 rpm
  7. bhutchins

2010 Jetta Sedan CECM

pm'd you
  8. bhutchins

EGT's over 1700... help :(

Yes, the factory components are being pushed past design, the limit keeps you from melting the pistons. fuel=power, but also heat. Like mark mentioned, the larger turbo significantly reduces temperature, I don't ever remember getting trimmed since I installed the Turbo. you can get some...
  9. bhutchins

NMS DPF delete for Off-Road Use Only

stage 1.5 is really stage 2, but maintaining DPF with regen. with stage 1.5 I could get up to 47 mpg, all highway @ 55-65 mph, 250 mile trip, no stopping
  10. bhutchins

Darkside Developments CR140 GTB2260 turbo kit

what is the bosch #? is it 0445010687?
  11. bhutchins

in 2006 Al Gore predicted the polar ice cap would be melted by 2013 in 2013 the polar ice cap is at its greatest level since 2006
  12. bhutchins

mine stinks like a freightliner with everything removed.
  13. bhutchins

tranny, engine and dog bone insert. BFI recommends against higher duro than yellow for diesels. they are fine now, but at first they really vibrate and set up a resonance noise
  14. bhutchins

yep. Black Forest, yellow's
  15. bhutchins

not yet. traction is a problem, even with a limited slip diff, and I'm trying to resolve the fueling issue I posted this over on Storx's build thread:
  16. bhutchins

CR140 Big Turbo Build

crap, I had the radio on Your video may include music that is owned by a third party. To hear the matched music please play the video on the right. The video will play from the point where the matched content was identified. Your video is blocked in some countries. youtube can remove the...
  17. bhutchins

CR140 Big Turbo Build

I checked, it's public. maybe it wasnt done publishing
  18. bhutchins

according to Petr at SQSracing.com, the steel ones are less common and require plastic caps, they have bronze caps, but the bronze forks are the ones you want. SQS does make stronger aluminum ones were talking for 700NM torque! (In a VW?) Our weak link is the 5/6 engagement, here's...
  19. bhutchins

CR140 Big Turbo Build

http://youtu.be/OoG_s8WtqHw to show street driveability, lack of traction especially in 1st and 2nd even with a pelequin LSD under hard acceleration, cabin noise levels I cycle the key a couple times in one pull when the low fuel rail pressure puts the turbo into limp mode (no this does not...
  20. bhutchins

My Audio Install Is Underway *PICS*

get a SOT-976 wiring plug, or a harness from kufatec or naviservice, code your factory head for external amp ( Dynaudio or Fender), so the speaker outs them become line out good info on this thread: Dynaudio amp swap for VW amp (POS)