Search results

1. J

2000 TDI $1800. Please read though.

Use the link for pics: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4812102573.html 2000 Jetta TDI. For sale as is mostly for a parts car. $1800 and I am sorry I can not negotiate unless you want to trade for another car. It can still be driven but I dont know how much longer. Or you can come get the...
  2. J

85' Jetta TD $3,500

As title says. 85' Jetta TD (Turbo Diesel). Not sure of the mileage as the odometer quit (which is normal). It is a 5-speed (refuse to drive autos). Has HID's, BBS (rare factory) rims, new tires, rebuilt suspension, A/C delete (I have all the A/C stuff still, and it worked), 2.5" exhaust, K14...
  3. J

01M solenoid #5?

Got a 01M (I know they suck) question. Wifes car is having some issues with it. And I read that replacing solenoid #5 may help. So what does it take to replace solenoid #5? And does someone have a part number?
  4. J

Torque Converter lock-up toggle switch?

Can it be done on a 2000 Jetta TDI, if so how? I actually need to do this, so any specific information would be really awesome.
  5. J

WTB: EGR delete

It is for an ALH. Even any of the partial pieces would really help, especially the coolant hose. Just PM me. Thanks.
  6. J

Shift kit comparo.

I may have to do some 01M work soon. And I found 2 different shift kits and a whole new performance valve body place. So between these following 2 which is better...
  7. J

Auto - Auto swap?

Looking at some MK4 Jetta's and have a q or 2. How hard is it to swap the 4 speed auto to the 5 or 6 speed auto? Where do I source these trannies? In case of it being a stupid idea. Are there some good low stall torque converters and performance rebuild kits?
  8. J

New car and now questions.

I now have a 85' Jetta TD. When I go to make a intake do I need to hook up any of the hoses to it? I figure I can vent the pcv to under the car and I think the other one is the overboost protection which I plan on deleting since I want to run more than 11 psi. Or do I really need them? Where do...
  9. J

Coolant Ball Delete

I found that I coolant ball is leaking. And rather than replace it, I would rather delete it. Has anyone else done this? What all do I need to do, like in write-up steps? I know it is different than a 1.8T especially in that they have a tee fitting that splits between the ball and the turbo, and...
  10. J

Performance Radiator? and another ?

Are there any performance radiators out there available for these cars? I am having a mystery coolant leak. And if I trace it to the radiator then I don't want to replace it with plastic end-tanks. On that note would there be any that have a fill cap on the radiator itself. I realize this would...
  11. J

Performance slave cylinder

I have to replace my slave cylinder and am wondering if there a performance one out there? I am looking for better than factory, unless the factory has a high end upgrade. Any advice on this is appreciated. Thank you.
  12. J

Idle speed change how to Q?

I have read everything I can about changing my idle speed. I talked to my tuner about it and they are saying that the idle speed is controlled by the chip and changing it with VAG-COM is only good for when its hooked up. Is this so? From what I read I can just change it using VAG-COM. If this is...
  13. J

Best Heater Core?

Which one is best and where do I get it? I have to replace mine in about 2 weeks and I don't feel like putting garbage in there.
  14. J

Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge?

Is anyone here running a mechanical oil pressure gauge? If so how do you have it mounted? I am thinking of the New South MK3 Column Gauge Pod to house the oil pressure. Will there be enough room to route the braided line to that location? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
  15. J

WTT: Awesome outback for Wagon TDI

The TDi has to be a auto. I tried to convince the wife to get a stick and she aint having it. So about the Outback. 1997. 2.5L w/ a rare large plenum intake, ARP studs, short ram intake, ported and polished heads, mechanical high lift cams. 4EAT Transmission that shifts excellent. Full 2.5"...
  16. J

Guide pin help needed.

I was changing my brakes and behold the bottom guide/slide pins on the caliper carrier were stuck. One of them broke. I drilled it out, but I need all new guide pins and boots. Any place I checked just said that they didn't have them. They instead had some stupid oversize thing that isnt even...
  17. J

Turbo Options?

I have searched and searched and found nothing of anyone asking about what turbo options are out there for these cars. I know you can do a VNT swap, and there is a larger KKK style one. But what flange is this turbo using (i.e. T3, T4, VW proprietary, Subaru style, etc)? Are there adapters to...
  18. J

Brake failure.

:eek: Need some help here. I was stopped to make a left turn when I heard a pop from my brakes and then my foot went to the floor. I Tried pumping the pedal to little avail. There is also a grinding metallic scraping noise whenever I let off the throttle. If I am giving it throttle the noise...
  19. J

A few questions.

1. Is there anyway to get rid of the slop in the shifter after it is put into gear? I have already installed the Gruvenparts steel shifter piece. http://gruvenparts.com/website/cart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=267&category_id=60 And it pretty much solved one problem that being the plastic...