Search results

1. emeraldzippy

BRM coolant leak and other leaks

Did more digging and found a better thread with pics. https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/anyone-else-have-coolant-hose-leak-2006.315518/ Going to confirm when there’s light And see if I can just cut the end of the hose and reclamp, until I have time for ordering/replacing.
  2. emeraldzippy

BRM coolant leak and other leaks

Oof! Coolant disappearing from reservoir shows up in belly pan. I’ve dug up some other threads but no pics; please see mine here: The first is the source of coolant. Which hose is that? Just got dark here so no crawling under again til the morrow. The second pic is the new drippy oil area I...
  3. emeraldzippy

BRM camshaft and timing belt job insight

The intake on cylinder 3 was the worst (see pic), small piece of metal missing; should I be worried? Didn’t find piece of metal, but didn’t exactly finetooth comb through the oil in the manifold. Two lifters were fine and flat-ish, the rest were dished but not cracked. Just finished...
  4. emeraldzippy

Strange fluid leak?

Just thought: I actually did originally drive through a freshly oiled street; is it perhaps so soaked into the rail that when I drive in dusty dirty conditions it rises out? That sounds crazy.
  5. emeraldzippy

Strange fluid leak?

Originally I thought I had driven through some fresh oil, and eventually power washed it off. A long time later, it was back. So I disassembled the inner wheel well plastic and found no leak, the substance just seemed watery with no smell or notable texture. Reassembled and power washed. Now...
  6. emeraldzippy

Windshield washer hose broken again.

Hi there, I definitely didn’t lift the car. I believe I had to remove a few things from the top to be able to see the hose. Fairly certain it didn’t even go into the wheel well and all was accessible from the top. I had no guide and just had to poke around and trace it, I’ll give it a peek later...
  7. emeraldzippy

WTB: Flashzilla malone tuner

Anyone have a usable/unlocked version of a flashzilla from Malone? Doesn't need to be v3... Thanks!
  8. emeraldzippy

2006 BRM Jetta TDI with 149k, North County San Diego, $4450

Thank you! And congrats; we all grow up eventually I suppose :) Duke
  9. emeraldzippy

2006 BRM Jetta TDI with 149k, North County San Diego, $4450

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/fallbrook-2006-jetta-tdi-upgrades/6933026771.html $500 discount to any TDIclub member. Still feeling out the market here in San Diego County. Timing belt, water pump, and other major maintenance done recently with documentation. New DSG flywheel and...
  10. emeraldzippy

Windshield washer hose broken again.

Haven't posted in a while but needed to prep the 2006 BRM for sale, including finally fixing this issue. Much like a water or gas line, I saw no reason to remove the old tubing within the hood, so I just cut and spliced vacuum line onto the sprayers, and removed the tube from the leak point at...
  11. emeraldzippy

High pitch squeal on acceleration

When investigating, I found my zip tie mod (with stainless steel zips btw) had failed and broken, so I replaced with plastic since that’s what’s around... Now the squeal is gone! For now... I guess I did crank on the egr block off plates a tiny bit, but I’m curious if the zip tie mod for the...
  12. emeraldzippy

Makes you wonder why the plates are made/sold in aluminum ($$$). Do you fashion your own SS 1/16" plate? Good idea...
  13. emeraldzippy

This is incredibly insightful! The soot had me preparing to fiddle with that block off plate, but I never would have guessed warping of that plate was possible. I’ve already ordered another gasket for that, but I’ll expect to plane the plate or use another blocker. Thanks!!
  14. emeraldzippy

It’s very high pitch, sort of from the passenger side of things. Comes on at the beginning of an acceleration, cuts out at higher rpms. Scouring the boards for other info; lots of good stuff but not quite the solutions for me just yet. Figured I’d post a couple pics here for opinions. So...
  15. emeraldzippy

FS: 2micron contain/pure flow kit w/filter $440 shipped

SOLD SOLD SOLD and what a deal they got!
  16. emeraldzippy

BRM Noise...DMF?

Sounds like mine did, on the worser side of "marbles in a can". Had just bought it with 119K, and failed to notice at purchase. Did much research on danger and heard mostly as stated above ("esssplosions, certain death, just do it *nike*, etc) BUT I also heard from a couple people who let them...
  17. emeraldzippy

Still available $350 shipped. Extra gauge.
  18. emeraldzippy

True! And I'm trying to get a few extra $$ for my eggnog fund :) Thanks and cheers!