Search results

1. L

P204F00 fault, VW has no fix!

That would be the fingers typing ahead of the brain. Delete would hopefully prevent another heater core etc. First post edited
  2. L

P204F00 fault, VW has no fix!

I live in a non emissions check state and was forced into a delete to get rid of this issue. It was not an easy decision as I had warranty for another 14 months. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Hopefully no more heater cores heater core. Easier on the turbo. No countdown of death. This car...
  3. L

RNS510 Diagnostic Help...She's dead Jim

I am not sure of the 15 but my 13 passat has a fuse in the back of the receiver under the main wire connector 20 amp mini
  4. L

Well this is a fine mess, could use some direction

UPDATE There is a 20 amp mini fuse in the back of the RNS510. Was blown, replaced, works no codes. I wish to thank every response here. Hopefully anyone that needs this info may stumble on this thread. Now to tackle the steering assist which may be a reset procedure and TPMS module. Like i said...
  5. L

2013 not near it for the build date though. Master fuse by battery checks out ok. I tried clearing codes indivually but either wasn't possible or they came back with a rescan. Car runs down the road fine. Plan to try to pull rns510 this weekend to disconnect and check for a fuse. Seems like...
  6. L

I did get into the gateway and cleared then rechecked. Everything came back the same. I think I tried getting into the ones that wont communicate but not 100 percent sure, last few days are a blur with work. Will attempt again to make sure The head unit won't power up. I will also disconnect the...
  7. L

I would say that is reasonable. If that worked though I would assume either several modules would need to be replaced or the head unit itself. Then I would need to deal with the other modules that have no communication as well. It was previously scanned about a week before all this happened...
  8. L

Am I correct that the can gateway is the highway through which all controllers must travel
  9. L

Not quite sure how to do that john but will research. I am a novice on the vcds. Grasias Update. No love, most controllers can't be reached If nothing else I will be forced to be "smarter" because of this mishap. Say can the optical bus diagnostics help in my situation, looks like it may be...
  10. L

Appreciate the help so far. All fuses are good including mains and branch fuses including under hood and drivers side dash. Checked with ohm meter not visual. No change new scan with new battery. I believe I am unable to clear codes. Right after I try to clear it comes back with the same codes...
  11. L

I'm going to get a new battery and will go from there, thx for help. BTW family member is still alive and happy......kinda
  12. L

Ever want to kill a family member to death? Passat got jump started but sounds like it was first connected with cables reversed. Anyway it made it back from KC somehow. Alternator charges not sure how diodes are. It runs normally so I guess I will call it a win. No radio nav etc. First time I...
  13. L

MN Chat Thread

When in doubt listen to your gut telling you to run. There will always be another. I came to the party late, what are you looking for? I do have a friend with 5 or 6 jetta diesels from 98 to 03 I sold him 2 so that's why I'm not hugely concerned with a head. They are all over 250k miles. He's...
  14. L

MN Chat Thread

Might give a call. The website doesn't give much info. I'd go whole motor too as my current alh has almost 400k miles. I have to pull the head first and see what I have to work with.
  15. L

MN Chat Thread

Hey fellow minnesotans, from the rochester area. Lost a timing belt on my alh after 45k miles. Would consider a whole used head if anyone knows of a complete one otherwise I'll just rebuild the current one. Went out and bought a 2013 passat and after 2k I'm finally happy with it.
  16. L

CKRA coolant question

In all honesty i don't if it would matter too much. I would think in theory that there would be 10 percent less possible contaminants. 60/40 sounds like it would be more than adequate for your area. Flush it well. I just changed mine 2 days ago in my 13 passat. I flushed 7 times to get it...
  17. L

2013 Passat SEL TDI shudder when cold

Same issue same car here. Injector soft reset did not do it for me. Replaced injectors, runs well now. If it makes a knocking sound while missing that is detonation. A year of detonation would concern me. Yours may not be as bad as mine was
  18. L

Anyone replace solenoid injectors.

okay so maybe this will help someone else. Learned by doing like usual. 2013 nms passat. Ymmv here's my experience. This is not a blow by blow description, just some pointers that hopefully help. Clean clean clean The white clips on the return lines pull straight up, no squeezing like I was...
  19. L

Anyone replace solenoid injectors.

Got 4 coming, need an idea how to release the snaps on the return line and special tools or techniques for injector removal. Doesn't look like slide hammer will work due to no threads. Looking at the new injectors may give me a clue. Found no info so far.
  20. L

13 passat injector reset question

To answer my own question, yes I was correct however it did not fix the problem, new injectors here we come