Search results

1. A

Back again to the TDIClub with a Mk5 BXE!

Hi All! Finally back to the VW club with another Mk5 - this time my wife's previously had a 2005 Mk5 1.9tdi BKC engine which is still going strong at 190k+ miles on it, followed by a 2009 Mk6 CR2.0TDI CBAB engine, then moved onto a 2014 BMW 520D for my long commutes - now also have a 2008 Mk5...
  2. A

bye-bye tdi :)

Evening All! well, its time to say goodbye to TDI! I traded in my mk6 golf at 161k miles for a 2014 520D LCI Auto over the weekend and i Love it! the golf was great, will be buying my wife one once she gets used to her little yaris and is ready for something a little larger/more powerful but...
  3. A

Foul egg smell in my TDI :(

Hi all I've noticed over the last couple of weeks (1200 miles or so) that I at times have a foul egg smell in the car. What could this possibly be and how on earth do I fix it?! The car is now at a nice steady 160k miles, original turbo and dpf, has had a new egr valve done about 40k ago, new...
  4. A

testing a used hpfp

Hi All, I managed to get hold of a used HPFP for next to nothing, the engine had less than 60k miles on it, and the pump externally looks great. I removed the solenoid and there were no flakes or debris inside, even still had diesel fuel inside it! Is there any way of testing the pump or...
  5. A

Turbo replacement time!

Hi all, Just ticked over 150k miles on my golf and had it in for a service with sump off to examine oil drive hex key (was showing signs of wear so was replaced). While the car was up we noticed signs of quite significant oil leakage from cold side of turbo, was advised by mechanic that I ought...
  6. A

Vibration in steering wheel and DPF questions!

Hi all My 2.0tdi mk6 is just ticking over 143,000 miles and its had some TLC recently buy also developed an annoying issue... 1. At 75-85mph there is a noticeable and visible vibration in the steering wheel, what could this be and how can I fix it? 2. Given the mileage of the car and it being...
  7. A

mk6 oe spring help...

Hi all In a bid to soften the ride a little of my mk6, I've found a set of springs very cheap...the guys upgraded the suspension in his GTD and as such the springs are surplus... The colour codes on them is: front: Pink white red rear: single blue stripe Can anyone tell me if these would fit...
  8. A

loose-ish driver side door

Hi all first off will say this is a RIGHT hand drive car, UK driver noticed when on the motorway that if i put my hand/fingertips on the join of the black rubber seal and the door frame i can feel it moving a fair amount...is this normal? what needs adjusting here? the striker plate or a new...
  9. A

THUD THUD THUD after engine off

Hi all recently noticing that after i cut the engine off i can hear a 'thud thud thud thud thud' noise from the engine bay which lasts about 5-10 seconds, is this normal and if so, what the heck is it?! thanks
  10. A

road trip ahead, tips!!

Hi all i've got a long road trip planned next week for work involving multiple stops and a total of 539 miles...something i'm hoping i can squeeze out of a single tank of diesel what should i do to help improve things? cars just had new tyres fitted...
  11. A

Mk6 golf xenon retrofit BCM and coding woes!

Hi all I retrofitted OEM bi-xenon's with AFS to my Mk6 about a month ago... for the last month they have been working GREAT! apart from the bulb out light on the dash and no flash to pass when the headlights were off... This was due to the fact i had an 086 BCM module which had old software...
  12. A

wheel bearing question

Hi all changed my rear discs and pads today and gave the bearings a look, they spin freely with a slight 'rubbing' sound (same sort of sound as when you rub your hand on a piece of paper), they're running true, with no play otherwise what i want to ask is, is the rubbing sound considered to be...
  13. A

please help me get better ride comfort in my mk6!

Hi all i'm trying to figure out what would be the best process to get better ride comfort on my mk6 golf GT...i know its a GT spec but the ride is now too harsh to be liveable... what changes would people suggest i make? i'd like a car which is nice and comfortable at speed (70mph on...
  14. A

the quest for a smoother ride...

Hi all I call on the collective forum for help with my goal for spring 2015 with my golf... background: The car in question is my 2009 Mk6 Golf GT 2.0TDI 140bhp - 130,000miles The issue: a horribly hard/rough/bumpy ride... ALL the front bushes have been replaced bar the anti-roll bar links...
  15. A

ridiculously harsh ride.what gives?

Hi all I've got a 2.0 gt tdi which has stupidly harsh ride. I can feel every single bump and stone in the road and I mean every one. It's had replacement shocks and springs almost 10k ago, New tyres on the front although rears are down to 4mm. All the suspension bushings up front have been...
  16. A

hpfp compatibility

Hi all Getting ready to replace hpfp and I'm having a nightmare finding the right one Part number on mine is 03l130755 I have options of 03l130755 D and A Which of these is right for my car and is a more up to date revision?
  17. A

sheared brake disc bolt

Hi all Somehow the t30 bolt which secures the brake disc to the hub has managed to shear clean off... Could this have any negative consequences as surely the wheel bolts will secure everything OK?.. Please advise! Do I have to get new hubs or am I OK?
  18. A

balance shaft/HPFP/alternator

HI all 2.0tdi Golf with CBAB engine at 120k The high speed ticking/clicking noise is driving me insane now, when revs are raised to 1300-1800rpm even sitting at idle the ticking/clicking is enough to shake the whole cabin. its annoying as the revs will sit at the upper range of this when...
  19. A

Strange ticking noise and chirp

Hi all.... its guess the sound game again! i've had a constant ticking coming from the engine bay, its getting more and more annoying as it used to be silent. its a high pitched, fast ticking noise which appears to be coming from either the injector/water pump area Also, between 20-25mph...
  20. A

air con compressor broken

HI all took my tdi in to dealer for warm blowing ac, was told compressor was kaput :( i had a look at my compressor with arch liner removed and noticed the central bolt was sticking out - apparently this is a common issue i've purchased another compressor off a wrecked 2013 passat (same...