Search results

1. C

02J gear selection trouble

On an 02J transmission when the shift tower is locked in the home position, does that prevent the selector shaft from rotating or does it just lock up/down movement of the shaft? I am trying to check cable alignment and locking in home position only prevents up/down movement of the shaft. It is...
  2. C

MkIV wagon tail lights, what is normal pattern?

I'm trying to confirm whether or not my tail lights are wired correctly on my new-to-me 03 Wagon. The top section is dual intensity. Dim for running lights and bright for brakes. Seems to be working correctly. The bottom section (outboard) is turn signal (inboard) is reverse. Also seems to...
  3. C

Good looking 02 wagon on CL in New Jersey

Not mine, but came across this while shopping. I'm not shopping for wagons, so I am priced out of most of them. This one looks exceptionally nice but again more than I was looking to spend. 02 GLS Wagon, Red with tan leather interior. Only 66k miles...
  4. C

Insurance adjusters kill another ALH

My 03 Jetta has fallen victim to the insurance adjuster. It was a relatively minor 4-way stop sign type of accident, 15mph at most. Damage to front right pushed the nose out of whack. Hood, fender, bumper, rad support, some straightening and an upper intercooler pipe (which was pushed over and...
  5. C

Living through my kids

Well someone should have fun with my car. Not much of a trip report, as in no cool photos etc, but I'm tremendously proud of my Jetta... and my daughter too ;). The car is an 2003 Jetta sedan. I am the third owner, since 2011 and another club member had it from 2006. The daughter is a 1994...
  6. C

Some overboost, with graphs

No real question, just noticing a bit of overboost on my 03 Jetta. Will need to dig in a bit, might be sticky vanes, actuator, or mis-adjusted actuator rod. Mostly just wanted to post this thread so people could see how handy the Log Plotting Application is. This graphing tool was generously...
  7. C

Fuel Hoses, tank side of filter

I'm looking for part # / vendor info for fuel hoses on an ALH. I know the info for the hoses between the filter to/from the injection pump. What I'm looking for are the input/return hoses on the opposite side of the filter. From the filter they kind of curve down, along the side of the engine...
  8. C

Pendulum (Dog Bone) mount question

So I'm looking at this part on my car and I'm concerned that a bolt may not be installed correctly. (Bentley reference for starters, we'll be looking at bolt #2 specifically) And now here's a photo of the bracket holding that mount to the transmission in my car. Should that bolt be...
  9. C

Couple of 'Is this normal' question

Hey gang I have a couple of "Is this normal" type of questions. The car is a new-to-me 03 Jetta GLS 5speed with about 134k on it. The prev owner was a club member. Car runs great and critical maintenance seems to all be up to date w/ paper records. So far I've replaced rear brakes and...
  10. C

PA Inspection w/ Check Engine Light

In some states any sort of Check Engine Light is sufficient to fail your inspection. I'm guessing that it's the Emissions portion of the inspection that they fail you on with that. Does anyone know if your TDI would fail PA inspection simply due to a Check Engine Light? (and here of course I'm...
  11. C

Using card (prepaid/credit) for fuel & maintenance

We've all heard stories of dealers or VW reps blaming problems (especially HPFP failures) on mis-fueling. I'd really like to use a card system to help me keep indisputable records of fuel purchases. There are a few local places (like AmeriGreen) that use a card-lock type system, but they're...
  12. C

Help me ID this 06 edition

Can someone help me identify the car in these photos? The seller advertises it as an 06 Jetta TDI and shows plenty of photos to back that up, but I'm not familiar w/ the different body work and badge options. The car looks to be in incredibly good shape. It's almost too good, so I'm wondering...