Search results

1. benmarks

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Not exactly OEM, but I just bought one of these and it saved me from a dead battery today. I selected this model because it also has an integrated tire pump:
  2. IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

3. benmarks

While I don't have them in hand yet, today Cascade German helped me finally locate the carpeted trunk trim parts from a European 4Motion sedan. I'd been searching for these parts for over two years! The sedans I guess were super rare. These were the last remaining parts I needed to complete my...
  4. net_repair_kit.jpg

net_repair_kit.jpg

5. trunk_trim.png

trunk_trim.png

6. benmarks

Mk4 shift tower bushing

I second the DieselGeek bushings and bushing kits. Before installing the donor shifter and transmission for one of my projects, I replaced and re-lubricated EVERYTHING so I wouldn't have to think about it again. They make a "high performance" part for the one shown in the earlier photo, and they...
  7. benmarks

Another really nice aftermarket shifter option is: https://www.innovativcar-tech.de They're nice leather for the knob and boot, you can get them in a few trim options like chrome, brushed, black, and the shifter pattern is illuminated (which is an easy wiring job to the cigarette lighter.) They...
  8. innovativcar-tech.png

innovativcar-tech.png

9. benmarks

Replacement Headlights

If you've already found the VXTuning website, the HID's they build are pretty high quality too, and basically plug & play. I owned a previous generation of them and they were a huge improvement over the original lighting. However, they usually require ordering a few months in advance these days.
  10. benmarks

While the overall rebuilt ARL engine/OEM FMIC project still needs some tinkering and tuning, I can say I reached one milestone today. I completed my all-red TDI PD150 badging ;)
  11. ARL_Engine_Cover.jpg

ARL_Engine_Cover.jpg

12. benmarks

Fixes for Post LED installation issues?

Also, you may already know this, but one LED bulb-type can be used for many different incandescent bulb-types, so if you find a bulb brand you like, but they don't have a specific bulb number in their product line, you can probably use a different bulb number...
  13. benmarks

Fixes for Post LED installation issues?

You can also buy a pre-modified hazard switch. I deactivated my Facebook account, but if you have one, search for a vendor named "Clusters By Litke." I've never had any other issues with the bulbs I use, which are the Sylvania ZEVO bulbs. I didn't even know about this glow plug light issue. I...
  14. benmarks

Wire/install fog lights/bezel 01 jetta

There is another option that I just remembered. I used it before I started getting super OCD/OEM with this specific Jetta. One of my first projects was to buy the ECS fog kit mentioned earlier in this thread. However, instead of using the lights that came with the kit, I used Morimoto universal...
  15. IMG_20200509_105637.jpg

IMG_20200509_105637.jpg

16. fog_insert_yellow.jpg

fog_insert_yellow.jpg

17. benmarks

Wire/install fog lights/bezel 01 jetta

If those are the red/maroon colored ones, those were a replica of the Hella Micro DE kit. They were a good approximation of the Hellas, i.e. metal housings and glass lenses, especially when compared to most of the others you see via ECS et. al. which are plastic and garbage. Unfortunately, even...
  18. benmarks

BEW MANUAL SWAP

I'm not in front of my computer at the moment, but isn't there a popup in VCDS when you're on that screen that tells you how to add up the numbers to get the final soft coding number?
  19. benmarks

Glow Plug Harness for ARL vs BEW

I posted this on the uk-mkivs forum, but I will post here as well just in case. I found one thread via search that was kind of related, but couldn't find much specific info. We are finishing up my ARL engine swap in my US 2004 Jetta. We ended up using an EDC15P ECU and a donor ARL engine...