Search results

1. M

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

TooSlick, Thanks much for the review! I had a feeling it might just be new parts - the silicon had me worried though as Blackstone assumes it's abrasive. As for the copper and lead - I've read a couple articles and the cam threads here stating that the shell bearings for the cam (which...
  2. M

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Any thoughts on this report? The high silicon is concerning in the last two tests. A little over 22k miles ago a new VNT-17 was installed, new Franko6 stage 2 cam shaft kit (new INA lifters, cam bearings, etc) and the injectors had new PP1043 nozzles installed. The only new seals added were...
  3. uoa206k

uoa206k

uoa260k
  4. uoa-260k

uoa-260k

uoa-260k
  5. M

What could happen if my torsion value is not set correctly?

Unless the tune is way off, they should help improve FE if you keep your foot out of it. The injection start times and quantities will be tweaked for improved fuel combustion (and power). Ideally the EGR is 'tuned' out of the mix as well which also helps. I know my RC1 tune put me up +3 mpg...
  6. M

If I understand the sensor correctly, the CPS is critical to timing and injection. If it is off, FE will suffer as a result, similar to adjusting your torsion to far out. Wonneber, the old CPS felt a bit oily, but wasn't dripping oil or look like it was sitting in a pool of it. The rough idle...
  7. M

I was fighting intermittent rough idle and low MPG over the last 6 months. I used to consistently get 52+ mpg and it slowly went down to low 40s over this time. I messed with all different torsion values trying to smooth the idle and increase mpg. It ended up being the crankshaft position...
  8. M

BEW intermittent rough idle (not cam)

I got the new CKP installed today and it looks like Oilhammer nailed it. Interestingly, my reported torsion value was a full point higher with the old sensor. I was at -2.9 and as soon as I installed the new sensor, VCDS reported torsion at -3.9! I'm guessing the torsion value is calculated...
  9. M

Thanks for the reply - I'm open to investigate anything further, but I had replaced the fuel filter when this first started about 8 months ago thinking it was something in the fueling department, but no improvement. The fuel hoses are all correct and I temporarily ran clear hose from and to the...
  10. M

Oilhammer, thanks for the advice! I just ordered a new CKP and will have it in and installed tomorrow morning. Any chance this sensor would potentially impact fuel economy as well? I have noticed from my logs a steady decline in FE. I will get the torsion back to -0.5 / 0 and also try...
  11. M

The last 6 months I've noticed an intermittent stumble at idle only after lightly reving (after a small reverse or slow move forward especially) and it has been slowly getting worse/more frequent. The RPM drops down between 830-870 and the engine kinda chugs then jumps back up to 903 by itself...
  12. M

Liner replacement on door panel

Mine also needed a seam sewn in. You can barely tell it is there though. Looking through my receipts, it was actually just over $200 with cost of fabrics. I forgot how much work was involved on the shops end, but way more time than pulling the cards and inserts apart.
  13. M

Liner replacement on door panel

My doors had the same issue with the black cloth coming off. I removed the panels off the doors and removed the inserts like shown in the link above. I took the just inserts to an automotive upholstery shop that specializes in headliners, seats, fabric etc and had them work their magic. They...
  14. M

Do these IQ values mean I need to change injectors?

Have you double checked that your lift pump in the fuel tank is working (assuming you have one on this model)? These typically go out around your mileage. I noticed in my PD the idle became rougher all the sudden. I found the lift pump had died and the tandem pump was probably having to work...
  15. M

Subframe replacement needed - which one to get?

I bit the bullet and just got the VW subframe. Chances are the $150 one would have been fine, but it wasn't in stock and the all the supplemental one time use bolts and alignment costs are not worth risking to have to the job over again if something is not right with the cheaper frame. I got...
  16. M

I did...long story short, after 200k miles of incident free driving, I managed to catch a corner of this raised square manhole in parking lot while making a sharp turn at slow speed. I thought I would clear it, but the suspension was compressed and it just caught the panzer plate. It managed to...
  17. M

I need to replace the subframe in my Jetta and was wondering if anyone had advice on what frame to get? I initially was looking at a used ones from a scrap yard or ebay, but the prices they are going for I'd rather just a get a clean/new subframe with new bushings. I see three available from...
  18. M

South Bend clutch slipping after 16k miles

Those numbers are in line for wheel horsepower with those mods. NOT a good idea to be power stomping 5th gear with a .658 in it, especially in lower rpms. You'll eventually do damage to the transmission this way with the taller gear and higher power output - it puts a lot of stress on the...
  19. M

DLC800 nozzle for the BEW. Who has experience?

Don't have the 800s, but 1043's easily maxed out my vnt-17 with very safe egt and put down 183 HP on the dyno. Also have stage 2 cam and SBC stg2 clutch. FE went up about 3-4 mpg on the highway...hard to keep my foot out of it though. If you have anything bigger than the stock turbo, may as...
  20. M

Anyone with a S7 turbo?

If you purchased with a credit card, does your card have purchase protection? Many CC's will take care of you for exact reasons like this. I've called Kerma a couple of times in the recent past looking for options and they come off worse than used car salesmen. Up-selling crap you don't need...