Search results

1. hroush

How To Re & Re the wiper linkage

wiper repair round 2 I had to do this about 3 years ago not too long after I bought the car. One of them just seized on me again, so at least I knew what I was doing this time. The main reason I'm posting is that no tools are required to remove the wiper arm from the car (at least for my 2000...
  2. hroush

2000 jetta TDI lost tension pulley

:eek: Being that I maybe went 40 feet, I feel a lot better.
  3. hroush

That makes me feel better. I did the 200k maintenance about 16k ago, so the belt should be fine. If I would have known about the pulley issue, I would have done that as well. I don't think the bolt broke for the tension pulley. I have the pulley, but I didn't find the inner portion. It's...
  4. hroush

On my way home Thursday, the tension pulley fell off my engine. It was idling when it happened, but I was able to pull into a close by parking spot and shut the car off. Being that the car was running fine when I shut it down, what do you think the chances are that if I replace the tension...
  5. hroush

1993 toyota sr5 ALH tdi swap (3 week project)

I've seen several of these trucks (and I own one) in my area that this swap needs to be done for. I just wish I had the space, time, and know-how. Looking good.
  6. hroush

FS: Q-Loader, BlackBox, GLI Rear Calipers, GLI 3 Spoke Wheel

just bought a new q-loader from kerma, should have looked here first.
  7. hroush

Big Anniversary in the fight against Cancer...Mega Sale at kermaTDI

Thanks Paul for all your help and answering my questions. I can't wait for my stuff to get here!
  8. hroush

Only averaging 36 MPG with my 2006 Jetta

and I was unhappy with my 45 mpg. I bought a scangauge last week and discovered that it doesn't do as well at 60 mph as I thought (scangauge says around 30 mpg). One thing I want to do is take off the intake and give it a thorough cleaning and see if that helps.
  9. hroush

Another mechanic screw-job...

Please tell me they got their old (and probably still good) parts back.
  10. hroush

Genuine Bosio PowerPlus 520 Nozzles $249 @ kermaTDI

Also tell her that with the nozzles and the tune you'll get better fuel mileage. I definitely plan on selling "fuel efficient" upgrades to my wife.
  11. hroush

Mileage. Tested 3 cars and nowhere close to 50mph.

I have a 2000 jetta manual and I average 46 mpg mixed driving. I've read other posts about the intake clogging, so that will be a project come May to see if I can gain a couple mpgs that way.
  12. hroush

What did you pay for your TDI???

2000 jetta tdi, manual from local dealer paid $4600 last september.
  13. hroush

Loud bang then wipers stopped working

I bought my 2000 from a dealer in september and he replaced the wiper motor because they was running slow. That was good for a month or two, but then went slow again. This morning used the wipers, heard the bang, and then the wipers stopped working, yay. Three days of snow (including today)...
  14. hroush

Crazy Driver Stories

One day i was driving home on the highway and I saw that a cop had pulled someone over , so I moved to the middle of the three lanes. Out of nowhere their is car traveling perpendicularly to the highway (only other road is parallel on-ramp). She nails me in the front driver quarter panel...
  15. hroush

Saturn TDI Conversion

I wonder if you'd see any better gains if you put one in a coupe. I fondly remember my 95 SC1 and it would definitely be a lot of fun to put a modded TDI in it.
  16. hroush

Best car for my teenage son? Advice needed.

I would never give a kid a nice car for their first. If they managed to save enough money to buy one, I would let them, but still try to talk them out of it. Another good first car is a saturn. Only 100 HP, get 40mpg highway, and safe. I had a 95 coupe before someone came flying across the...
  17. hroush

Bought a frost heater-who can install it?

I installed mine yesterday. It's very simple to do and can easily be done outside if it's nice. I couldn't pull the hose off, so I cut it off and then removed the remaining hose once it was done draining. I had to put a gallon of mixed coolant back in. Pretty much the only problem I had was...
  18. hroush

Spoilers increase mileage?

I was just thinking if something similar to the wing for the bug could be made for a jetta? Attach it to the sides of the truck at about mid height. It would be easy enough to test with cardboard. I would think it would help if the sides of the wing were slanted instead of being parallel with...
  19. hroush

Intake Manifold

I see another project come summer. My car has 185,000 mi and probably has never been cleaned.
  20. hroush

Laptop for VAG-COM?

For almost any laptop you can get a specific power cord for the car. Check ebay, I could get one for mine (dell 1525) for about $20. i do not have a VAG-COM, but definitely thinking about getting one.