Search results

1. S

motorcycle tdi

2. S

LED upgrade options

I did double coat coat with Rust oleum Matte clear and ended up with a bit of orange peel. Perhaps I should have used the clear coat I bought for my bodywork touchups? I would be happy going back for a better finish
  3. S

LED upgrade options

Thanks for the replies. You guys really helped me to make an informed decision! Given that I spent a couple of hours working from 400-3000 grit wet n dry and brought the lenses back, I got a set of Sylvania 9007 High Performance SilverStar ZXE Gold Halogen Headlight Bulbs. I left one of the...
  4. S

LED upgrade options

Yeah I'm going to and fro about it. Cleaning up the lenses was a vast improvement.
  5. S

LED upgrade options

So yes I did search but nothing is coming up. I ordered LED headlight bulbs from ECS but they sent the wrong ones. Then I had great difficulty with customer service trying to get them to understand that I have a different plug to the ones they sent. Anyway, that's another story. I'm looking...
  6. LED light fitting.jpg

LED light fitting.jpg

7. S

Manual Transmission Fluid

I take 'lifetime' to be 100k Miles
  8. S

Manual Transmission Fluid

I like the MT90. Its in both my Jettas and my wifes 6 sp MTSubaru Outback. The Outback was real notchy before I changed to MT90. Not it shifts a lot better. Not as good as the VW 5 sp though!
  9. S

Rocker rust dilemma

50 years of used engine oil
  10. S

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 14, 2023

Will there be any tuners there? Id like to get rid of this pesky hot start delay. I feel like its taking years off my starter!!
  11. S

Rocker rust dilemma

In essence, I agree with you. I have a friend in the body work business and he said exactly the same thing. Nothing stops it. All you can do is delay the process. He did tell me that he found cheap engine oil, sprayed on, to be the most effective. He removes door and tailgate/trunk panels and...
  12. S

BEW Hot starting anomaly?

If it gets through a Michigan winter with no issues then I won't be bothered too much
  13. S

Speaking of tuning. Which tune returns the best MPG?
  14. S

Is the timing advanced for cold start?
  15. S

TDI on fire

It would be very difficult to explode a diesel powered vehicle unless you were transporting gasoline or other highly volatile flammable substance
  16. S

I've never owned a unit injection engine so this might actually not be unusual. I have noticed when hot starting that it takes a few cranks before it starts. Nothing drastic, as I have a good battery and starter. Every other diesel I've owned has had an IP and hot starting is usually instant by...
  17. S

Rocker rust dilemma

Yeah, I'm going to and fro in my head about it. I will leave it open this winter and check it again in April or May when it warms up
  18. S

Rocker rust dilemma

Can't seem to locate Permafilm in the US. Some outlets don't ship to the US either!!
  19. S

Rocker rust dilemma

So I went the Fluid Film route. What I am wondering now is whether I should close up that open area or leave it open?
  20. S

West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 14, 2023

Unfortunately, I won't make it after all! I have a meeting I cannot get out of☹