Search results

1. T

**stuck**; inner-right CV joint boot swap. . .

I'm doing the same thing right now. I'm guessing you got yours figured out already, but for the benefit of anyone who finds this thread and has the same problem - the metal flange on the boot is sealed to the CV joint with sticky gasket stuff - you have to pry the boot off then scrape that crap...
  2. T

01 Jetta radiator support

Good point. I can definitely wiggle it back and forth. I bet I'll have to replace the support, then. thank you!
  3. T

01 Jetta radiator support

My 2001 TDI was stolen over a month ago and it was just recovered. They guy who stole it must have run over some large object because the radiator support, OEM part pictured here http://c1552172.r72.cf0.rackcdn.com/57788_x600.jpg has a split in the lower part. here are some photos of the...
  4. T

Tdi into Mk2 - soundproofing

I have a few years experience working with car audio, and have tried a number of sound deadening products. So I'd first like to say, anything from dynomat is over priced and under performs. You're paying for a name. Also, You have to be careful what you put under a hood because engine heat can...