Search results

1. M

stumped by intermittent strange smell!

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7123494-TDI-Sportwagen-Auxiliary-Heater-and-burning-plastic-smell
  2. M

? http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=493005
  3. M

We've had very noxious air coming out of the vents a few times on cold starts when defrosting the windshield. I'm positive it's the electric auxiliary heater.
  4. M

Vibration under acceleration

Some had issues with the MKVI cv axles. If warranty doesn't cover it, then look to Raxles or The Driveshaft Shop for replacements.
  5. M

1999 Eurovan MV 1Z/AHU EWB 5 speed Montana

I bought it from TDI conversions (Slavic). This is the original cardomain page with lots of pictures: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3910027/1999-volkswagen-eurovan/photo-gallery/ I think I drove it for about 40K miles, but I will have to reattach the battery to verify miles on the cluster, which...
  6. M

2002 Jetta Wagon 5speed

What is the current asking price? It's hard to decipher after multiple price drops. Can I make an offer ("OBO")? Or is it still "if you don't like the price don't buy it"? You may have more luck selling if you clarify your pricing strategy. Undercarriage pics would also be helpful. Looks like a...
  7. M

FS: 2004 Passat TDI 4Motion wagon in SC

Logged in just to give this wagon 5 stars.
  8. M

Intermittent limp mode

check for gunk How much gunk is in your N75 valve and wastegate control line? I think it was Oilhammer that told me I'm likely just getting blowby past the rings~(these tend to wear by ~200k on the 1Z/AHU, along with 3rd cylinder scoring) finds it's way into the N75 and wastegate actuator hose...
  9. M

Wanted: Broken or Needing Work TDI Cars

1999 Eurovan MV with ahu/1z and properly geared euro diesel 5 mt. Drove great for awhile, and was somewhat close to being a bombproof 30+ mpg, 80 mph easy cruising eurovan, however... Best guess is motor mount failed, probably leading to wear of synchromesh gears, and possibly oil starvation...
  10. M

Lamp warning light on dash; all exterior lights OK

One of the license plate illumination lamps? I think the car will tell you which bulb is out.
  11. M

2002 Golf TDi GLS - Lifted

Stock diff or LSD?
  12. M

Wanted: TDI Van - Budget of $20,000

I am considering selling my Eurovan MV but it is a '99 with a '97 AHU, and there may already be an interested buyer.
  13. M

How to press on power steering pulley w/o threads?

I am having trouble getting rid of the belt chirp after installing a new power steering pump. The pulley looked like it was aligned too far towards driver's side so I rented a puller and moved it out a bit but maybe a little too far so I want to press it back in but there aren't any internal...
  14. M

WTB eurovan diesel in USA or Canada

I am likely selling mine soon, but it is a '99 MV.
  15. M

WTB 15" or 16" MK6 wheels for '12 JSW

Double check me but I don't think 15" will clear the front calipers.
  16. M

HELP...CODE P0472-000 Exhaust pressure sensor 1(G450) Signal too low

Trip completed without any misbehavior from the CR (but the pinch protection on the pass rear window and some axle vibration, grrr), but scan is again showing both P0471 and P0472. On to replacing the sensor(s).
  17. M

HELP...CODE P0472-000 Exhaust pressure sensor 1(G450) Signal too low

I read the .pdf and apparently it is in failure mode but still performing regens based on "...distance travelled or the number of hours in operation. This cycle for particulate filter regeneration, however, is not effective over a long period of time. After a predetermined number of cycles...
  18. M

reconnect EGR?

Thanks, I will take that advice as I have noticed that I don't enjoy cleaning the intake. I did install a winter front and there is a noticeable difference, and as long as I can plug in the Frostheater it is good to go. Fortunately, the Mazda is always there for me when it gets really cold.
  19. M

AHU swap into 93 Eurovan Weekender

Wow, 6 speed. Are you getting it? Wish my T4 had that. Along with the 3rd gear synchro which is apparently roached.