Search results

1. aslspiderman

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

Yes the odometer went back to zero and the word "total" went away. Yes I still have this little jewel, at 50+ mpg it's too valuable to give up.
  2. aslspiderman

how many miles have you racked up on your TDI?

Just turned 300k last month.
  3. aslspiderman

2005 VW TDI Wagon Central Florida

Well that's embarrassing :oops: guess I should read the entire post!
  4. aslspiderman

2005 VW TDI Wagon Central Florida

Pictures and price please
  5. aslspiderman

WTB AHU timing belt tools

I'm looking for AHU timing belt tools. I've got over 5 years on the current belt and only 30k miles. If you have these laying around and want to sell, let me know. thanks
  6. aslspiderman

Ca. rust free 1983 VW Pickup. Factory a/c, pdb, 5 speed, wife driven since 2010

Great...I just got drool marks all over my computer :love:. If I didn't already have my 98 Jetta and a 1984 Isuzu pup diesel, I'd be flying to Ca. to pick that one up. I had a 82 caddy back in the day and loved it to death! Good luck with the sale!!!
  7. aslspiderman

Strange no start issue.

Well, I got the alarm pulled and the connector jumper-ed. Car started, everything that's needed still works. If it starts later today, problem will be solved, no more parking on a hill to bump start. Thanks again for your input! Quick question...are these alarm units plug and play? Not that I'd...
  8. aslspiderman

Strange no start issue.

Perfect! Thank you so much
  9. aslspiderman

Strange no start issue.

That's exactly the symptom. It's as if the battery is disconnected, other than the dash light coming on. I turn the ignition to start and nothing, not even a solenoid click. You say you deleted yours, I've searched and cannot find anything on how to delete it. Is it hard to do? Thanks for...
  10. aslspiderman

Strange no start issue.

I changed out the ignition switch about two years ago for that reason. Probably a good idea to check Connections though. Thanks
  11. aslspiderman

Strange no start issue.

Hmmm you might be on to something. That stupid thing's been intermittent also, for years too. I'll have to see how to bypass it and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks for your input Turbodieseldyke
  12. aslspiderman

Strange no start issue.

Let me start by saying I have done a cursory search and found nothing that matches my no start issue. Here's the problem: When the car and the weather is cold, the car starts up no problem. Even when the engine is warm but the weather outside is cold, the engine will start. When the weather...
  13. aslspiderman

FS: 02J manual swap, ALH engine covers, MK6 GTI Steering wheel (PA)

Understandable. I'll keep an eye on your post...thanks
  14. aslspiderman

FS: 02J manual swap, ALH engine covers, MK6 GTI Steering wheel (PA)

Would you part with the shifter and linkage by itself? If so, how much?
  15. aslspiderman

New member, low mileage '98 Jetta

WOW, beautiful specimen. Congratulations
  16. aslspiderman

Misc ALH parts

Good morning, any pics of the shift boxes yet? Thanks
  17. aslspiderman

Misc ALH parts

PM'd you about the shift boxes
  18. aslspiderman

New member, low mileage '98 Jetta

How about some pictures ;). Gotta see what beauty looks like
  19. aslspiderman

AHU TDI Stumble

Just a quick thought...check the big rubber hose the connects the intake to the turbo piping. Mine was stumbling a while back and it turned out that hose had a big crack on the backside. Quick easy check.