Search results

1. KomarekTDI

FS: OEM VW 18" Aristos from R32, 5x100, MN, $400

TDI Geeks, For sale is a set of 18" Aristos that were take-offs from an R32. No tires, small amount of curb rash (from previous owner). Looks great on any MKIV with 5x100 bolt pattern. Sold the TDI so these are sitting in the garage waiting for a new home. Located in Stillwater, MN. $400...
  2. KomarekTDI

WTB (Buy or Borrow) Wheel Bearing Tools

WTB (Buy, Borrow, or Rent) Wheel Bearing Tools I'm looking for a decent tool to swap my left front wheel bearing. The puller/pusher set I found online and that was mentioned on vortex is $369.00 so if I could borrow or even rent one from someone - let me know. Thanks, Tony
  3. KomarekTDI

Goodbye Detroit, Hello Minneapolis!

Due to an unexpected turn of events (my company decided they wanted to get out of the noise and vibration industry) I will be moving to a northern suburb of Minneapolis next weekend. I'm heading out there early next week to find a temporary apartment in the Wyoming / Forest Lake area. So -...
  4. KomarekTDI

Bumped in the rear!!! Need rear bumper skin

Got bumped at a stoplight tonight by some girl on her cell phone and smoking at the same time. Looking for a black rear bumper skin for a MKIV Golf. The best part was that she was mad at me for filing a police report, she even told me "I hope you burn in hell" !!! Amazing! I gave her the...
  5. KomarekTDI

Misc Parts For Sale

I have a few parts I would like to get rid of... The nice weather is here and I could use some extra change to cover the cost of the ammunition required to go trap/skeet shooting every weekend! Sony MDX-100 In-Dash Mini-Disc Player with 10 Mini-discs (some pretty embarassing titles I bought...
  6. KomarekTDI

New source for Amoco Premier in SE Michigan?

Hi all - I just filled up at the new BP station on Rawsonville Road and Martz Road in Ypsilanti/Belleville. It's about a mile or two south of I-94 on Rawsonville Road. Anyways, there is no telling info on the pump, other than that it says Diesel. I asked the General Manager if it was Amoco...
  7. KomarekTDI

FS: OEM 4-Spoke Steering Wheel A4 Golf/Jetta $35

Just cleaning out the garage... As stated in the subject line - $35 Looks like it is in perfect condition. Spare parts from a euro column.
  8. KomarekTDI

Garrett VNT15/17 vs GT20

I'm not all that pleased with the VNT15 and it's seemingly doomed life when running higher boost levels. I want my car to be strong and reliable (as we all do) so I can run at the strip (shooting for mid-high 15's) and still log tons of miles. Sounds like I want to have my cake and eat it too...
  9. KomarekTDI

Stanadyne Performance Formula Gelled @-20F?

Up in northern wisconsin over the holidays the temperature vaired from -15 to -20 for a night or two and actually gelled a 3/4 full pint sized bottle of Stanadyne Performance Formula that my dad had in his Excursion. Anyone else experienced this? We both thought it was strange that the...
  10. KomarekTDI

WTB: Steelies and/or Snow Tires for MkIV G/B/J

Looking for a set of 15" steel wheels - bolt pattern 5x100 and a set of snow tires (Nokian, Green Diamond, or Blizzaks) in relatively new condition. Willing to pay shipping or pick up within a reasonable distance from Detroit, Chicago, or Wisconsin (we're heading to northern Wisconsin for...
  11. KomarekTDI

FS: 0.184 mm nozzles - $75 shipped

Selling my 0.184 mm nozzles from my 2003. Cheap upgrade for those with automatic transmissions. Upgraded to Kerma PP520s so my old nozzles are sitting in a box in my garage (carefully packaged). Nozzles have approx 35000 miles on them - I have run high quality fuel (Biodiesel in warmer...
  12. KomarekTDI

Tips for Turbo Removal for EGT Probe Installation

Anyone have any good suggestions/strategies for pulling the turbo/exhaust manifold? The bently manual specifies removing one of the half-shafts - is it easier to pull the intake off (clean it while it is off) and lift the turbo/manifold out from above?
  13. KomarekTDI

2003 Golf/Jetta Stock 1/4 Mile Time?

Hi guys/gals, just took a few passes at the dragstrip today and had the pleasure of racing my '03 Golf GLS against an '04 Golf GLS PD. Lots of fun. I just have PP520's, he had a mufflerectomy. My best time was 17.299 and his was 17.751 (I'm pretty sure). I was hoping to get into the 16's but...
  14. KomarekTDI

FS:New South Engineering Column Pod $25 shipped

Just ordered a dual pod for boost and egt gauges. Any takers for my single pod? $25 shipped, available early next week as soon as my dual gauge pod arrives. Here's a pic of the pod installed: Paypal preferred. Thanks again!
  15. KomarekTDI

FS: VDO Vision 0-30 psi Boost Gauge SOLD

Wanted to expand gauge setup and went with ISSPRO Boost, EGT, and Oil Temp gauges since I wanted them to match. Now have VDO boost gauge for sale - I would like to get $25 shipped to any address in the US. (NOTE - New South Performance Column Pod NOT INCLUDED)
  16. KomarekTDI

Recommended Max EGT / Oil Temp

I can't seem to find a good thread that discusses maximum recommended EGTs and max oil temps. Would someone shine some light on what kind of temps to expect/avoid? I just ordered new Isspro gauges and am heading to the drag strip this weekend. I should be ok with my current setup but want to...
  17. KomarekTDI

Diesel Drag Races in Byron, IL - Sept 18

Just a note to fellow TDI'ers who are in the area, or want to make the trek to the area. Drag racing at Byron Dragway on Sept 18. Weather permitting, I'm driving over to meet up with my Dad and his insanely quick powerstroke Excursion. Should be a lot of fun, will be my first time down the...
  18. KomarekTDI

Dawes Device / N75 Behavior Questions

First off, I hope this is the right discussion area to post to. I know the Dawes device is technically not a "performance mod" but could be constrewed as one.... Ok... I have to ask everyone for their thoughts on this one. I installed my Dawes device today and cannot seem to get my boost to...
  19. KomarekTDI

FS: A4 Golf / Jetta Euro Steering Column Parts

I have a few misc parts I am looking to get rid of from a euro Jetta (Bora?) steering column. Wiper stalk / MFA control - Part # 4B0 953 503 G Does not flip forward to turn on rear wiper of Golf so is no longer of interest to me. $35 - SALE PENDING to WI_TDI_FAN OEM 4 Spoke Steering...
  20. KomarekTDI

Diesel Drag Racing at Milan Dragway (MI)

Would anyone be interested in watching some diesel drags at Milan Dragway? My dad has a HIGHLY modded 2000 Ford Excursion with more than 1000 ft-lbs of torque and really got me into the whole diesel thing. He is often on the forums at www.thedieselstop.com and called me up on thursday to let...