Search results

1. B

Eastern Iowa Biodiesel Workshop

FredIA, It is expensive and not intended for folks wanting to "kick the tires". My coop, YBDC.org does offer a spring and a fall workshop for $30 per day including lunch, but even that offends some people and does not generate many $$ to keep the coop going. We also give tours of the facility on...
  2. B

Lost another fuel pump

The largest consumer of Biodiesel in the US is the military. How many MILLIONS of fleet miles need to be reported before we wake up to the fact of peak oil and what we as individuals can do about it?
  3. B

Biodiesel production workshop 4-29-06, Iowa City

There is nothing like seeing it done. We will explain in great detail how to get the good oil. We currently pump over 400 gallons per week, lots of ways to do it. Several ways not to do it also! Learn from our mistakes....
  4. B

The workshop will be held on our sprawling biofuel research facility (my farm) just off county road F-52 on the turnpike, Orval Yoder Turnpike;} About 15 miles S.E. of Iowa City. We are expecting a real fine time and should have lots of new additions to our rig. The website lags behind our...
  5. B

Yoderville Biodiesel Coop will be hosting it's spring production seminar April 29+30th just outside Iowa City, Iowa. Learn EVERYTHING about Biodiesel production from folks who have produced thousands of gallons of QUALITY fuel from used fryer oils. Very hands on, very inexpensive, if you want to...
  6. B

Learn how to make your own Biodiesel!

In a fancy car like yours it is a short hop! Last fall a fellow from Turkey doing his post doctorate drove down from Ann Arbor with only a blanket to sleep under a tree! Another drove from New Hampshire and several from Kansas. Even had a gal from Saskatoon drive down before the Ia State event.
  7. B

chicken fat -- biodiesel?

Definately Amish. How many skid loaders do you know of that have steel wheels. Very few Old Order Amish left. Lots of Mennonites around also.
  8. B

Biodies-ill, VW's warranty, and the Diesel Injection Systems Official stance on it.

B100 in my A3 Jetta TDI for 10 months, then at least B70 when below +20F. I did chicken out when it went down to -15F. Petrodiesel stinks in so many ways.
  9. B

Irresponsiblity of Retail Outlets

BRAVO! I applaud your ability to provide the document. Suppliers like that are what will make Biodiesel succesfull. They deserve our support and business.
  10. B

USA Today: Smokestacks -> Algae -> BD

I believe the answere to the issue lies here! http://www.gotoplanb.net/declaration2.pdf
  11. B

Home testing for ASTM compliance?

The full battery of ASTM tests costs something like $1200. The one you are most concerned with is the free glycerine test. TDIWyse has some EXCELLENT ifo on this! Many of the spec tests can be acomplished by simply looking at it. If you read the info on the tests you run into things like...
  12. B

Learn how to make your own Biodiesel!

Yoderville Biodiesel Coop will be hosting it's spring production seminar April 28+29th just outside Iowa City, Iowa. Learn EVERYTHING about Biodiesel production from folks who have produced thousands of gallons of QUALITY fuel from used fryer oils. Very hands on, very inexpensive, if you want to...
  13. B

Irresponsiblity of Retail Outlets

No way you will get a ASTM test sheet. My commercial supplier gets it by the rail car and when I asked him about testing he gave me that quisical puppy look?!? Testing? We don't need no stinking testing. And he is a nice guy! Dirty little secret of the biodiesel industry is that officially the...
  14. B

Dodge Approves b-20 and its in the warranty!

This is very progressive. The NBB, aka SOY lobby has kept anything over B10 completely unheard of. Higher blends are the wave of the future. Quality will be the gremlin. Even commercial fuel is off spec and often not tested, AT ALL. My homebrew is clearer than any commercial biodiesel I have...
  15. B

chicken fat -- biodiesel?

Chicken fat would make horrible cold weather biodiesel. I had taken a 1/2 gallon sample of homemade biodiesel to one of my Amish neighbors and when I checked back with him he was freaking out on how it made his skid loader run sooo much better. No smoke, lots of power and a lot less stinky. He...
  16. B

Fuel heater/Filter heater for TDI?

Bill, Your filter is already heated by the return line. I have been running my A3 TDI on B100 down to +16F with no problems. I'm not sure but does the A4 have an intank restriction like my A3 does? Have you tried a tell tale on your porch railing? There are so many variables that it really...
  17. B

Home biodiesel manufacturing kit???

The Yoderville Biodiesel Club will be hosting a build your own workshop the 2nd weekend in October. You will have the opportunity to build a processor, standpipe wash tank, dryers and even a methanol recovery rig if you are interested. We will cover everything from grease acquisition and...
  18. B

WVO in '03 jetta concerns?

WVO in \'03 jetta concerns? VERY risky! Read up.
  19. B

Biodiesel workshop S.E. Iowa 7-23

The Yoderville Biodiesel Club is hosting a production workshop covering all aspects of making your own high quality fuel out of used fryer oil. This hands on course will teach you everything from titration to washing and drying. Centrally located 15 miles outside Iowa City it will be well worth...
  20. B

Quicksilver IS FOR SALE-- 97 Passat TDI

What is the reserve on the car? Will you relist it here?