Search results

1. SIK02SS

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Dealer scams at their best. Tell them it's a shame because you would've bought the Golf R..
  2. SIK02SS

Sold my old 2002 Camaro SS that had over 500 at the wheels a while back...dying to get back to a fast daily driver. Both my TDI's were business vehicles, and I now have other vehicles in place of them since business is more established. JSW is now my daily, so it's being replaced with a fun car...
  3. SIK02SS

Should I bite on this offer from my dealer?

What year CC and what engine? There's a certain year/trim that requires 2- Optima 6v batteries to run the car (in series for a 12v system). If this model is it, RUN. OR make the dealer replace them immediately (and you'll be having to replace them again in 2-3 years because they put the wrong...
  4. SIK02SS

Getting rid of the 12 JSW and getting into a Porsche 996T. Just wish they'd hurry this up, already missed a few great cars and a couple more are about to go
  5. SIK02SS

Buyback logistics question

Nope. I've limited myself to window shopping only until the buyback info is official and known (and I've missed out on 4 great deals for a replacement, about to lose the 5th). Otherwise, it's all just playing darts blindfolded. I hope they don't change the payback plan and mess up your plans
  6. SIK02SS

Anyone else have alignment issues?

I have alignment issues on my '11 Golf TDI. 2 weeks after taking delivery (and not hoitting curbs etc). Dealer drove it, confirmed, "realigned" and when I drove it, there "new alignment" was no different, steering wheel was still not centered. Took it back, and they over-corrected and now it's...
  7. SIK02SS

Show what you tow!

Just sold my X9 last week :(
  8. SIK02SS

Show what you tow!

Just this little guy (taken at my uncles house on a road trip): oh ya, and this one too (in the middle):
  9. SIK02SS

Manual Trans / DPF Regeneration / Upshift indicator

If it's anything like a Duramax diesel engine, shutting down in the middle of a regen cycle kills your mileage for that cycle..
  10. SIK02SS

Manual Trans / DPF Regeneration / Upshift indicator

I wish it would tell you when it's in regen (a little light on the dash maybe)..I've turned the car off during regen cycles a couple times and would have drove around the block a couple times to let it finish had i realized that prior to shutting it off..
  11. SIK02SS

MKVI (2011) Golf TDI mileage

No need to take it to 5k every shift. I shift between 2.5-4k on average with occasional blasts to redline or close to..i also typically don't accelerate quickly either. When the car is cold in the mornings, i tend to keep the shifts closer to 3k and keep the revs above 2k to get the engine temp...
  12. SIK02SS

MKVI (2011) Golf TDI mileage

No doubt that's good info to break in a motor, but to say it takes 10k miles to set the rings is a bit outlandish and I'd like to see proof if that's the case. rings will be set in the first thousand miles or less. I've been driving 90% city in my 2011 golf tdi m6 and 10% hwy, and am getting...
  13. SIK02SS

My 2011 Golf TDI was delivered today!

Thanks! I got it for it's MPG's mostly :o sold my Tahoe recently and have a couple high horse sports cars in the garage..so kind of sporty, comfortable, and good mileage were key to me :D and I was tossed between white and UG, white was just too girly for me :o ..but it is clean in white :)
  14. SIK02SS

thanks! Window tint went on last night:
  15. SIK02SS

tint goes on this weekend :cool: Yup, you might see me as I'm always on the 99
  16. SIK02SS

you can say that again! ohh, right :p I think it's okay as is, but when the window tint goes on it'll look much better :cool:
  17. SIK02SS

It's a little dirty because of the transport from So Cal to Nor Cal, but here it is: M6, bi-xenon, bluetooth, golf mats (couldn't find one without them), and sunroof. Got it for almost $1k under MSRP delivered to my door :D I'm getting it detailed and tinted this week :cool:
  18. SIK02SS

Just got my new 2011 golf TDI

oops, Elks Grove not Roseville...but damn. that's still pretty crazy, sorry that happened to you
  19. SIK02SS

Just got my new 2011 golf TDI

Damn! Who'd you go through? I started working with modesto VW last december and couldn't get anywhere...tried roseville, same thing, sat around for a while and then tried san jose, stockton, and oakland with same results. Back to modesto with new salesman and worked a deal on a car, of which...