Search results

1. D

Belt Jump

I'm working on a Tdi 1.9 AGR engine. The water pump pulley has cracked and a bit came loose causing the belt to jump. The pump and camshaft are now one tooth advanced. Anyone know if the valves pistons are likely to have contacted? :confused: It appears to turn over without interference...
  2. D

Tdi Peizo Commonrail and VE pump Self Study Program downloads

Downloads from Volkswagen Marine give an overview of the technologies used in these engines. These Self Study Program documents are quite comprehensive and give a usefull understanding of components/systems used on more common Tdi engines (eg. the 1.9 Bosch VE rotary pumped engine) that use the...
  3. D

Has anyone tuned using a cylinder pressure sensor?

A quick post to ask if anyone has used a cylinder pressure sensor to tune a tdi. VW are planning to fit pressure sensing glow plugs to some of their range this year, for closed loop combustion management, so I guess the price of the plugs is set to fall (hopefully they will fit other tdis)...
  4. D

Technical Papers Examining VW Tdi Engines

A couple of papers which examine VW tdi engines. I had a quick search and it appeared they had not been posted before A PRACTICAL APPROACH IN THE THERMODYNAMICAL ANALYSIS OF THE TDI PROCESS Journal of Kones. Combustion Engines, Vol 8, No 3-4, 2001...
  5. D

Single tank no modifications!!!

Thought some of you might be interested in this discussion on a UK biofuel forum. The poster 405onveg has apparently been running 2 Skoda Tdis (VW golf platform) on pure oil and blends for over 2 years. He had the preglow duration extended and the timing advanced by a mechanic using VAG-COM...
  6. D

Testing quality of combustion using idle speed smooth running control

I have been thinking about ways of assessing how well our choosen fuel is combusting. Using VAG-COM and looking at measuring blocks group 013 you get 'idle speed smooth running control'. This shows the ECU modifying fuelling to each cylinder to balance combustion - the ECU measures the time...
  7. D

Open Biofuels Engine Development Wiki

I've added a page on the OBED wiki to give a good technical overview of rotary pump equipped volkswagen tdi engines, and the use of these engines with biofuels. I hope it proves to be useful and that others will add to the page...
  8. D

Elsbett PD SVO single tank kit now available

Just noticed on the Elsbett site that they have started offering the PD single tank kit from their shop. I've yet to hear from anyone who has fitted one. The Elsbett service partner I was working with have a customer lined up (a taxi) but have not yet done an installation. Thats three German...
  9. D

Engine Simulation Software

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1581609#post1581609 you can even alter fuel characteristics. Looks to be accurate and should allow some quick assesment of possible tuning options for biofuels. Best Darren
  10. D

Engine Simulation Software

Remote tool that allows engine simulation. Test modifications / engine designs using this **free** engine simulation program. Very interesting..... http://www.diesel-rk.bmstu.ru/Eng/index.php?page=Main Would be good if someone could set up some files for standard tdi engines and make them...
  11. D

No start 1999 1.9Tdi - 17970 code

My 1999 skoda octavia (vw golf platform) has been sitting for a few months. Went to start it last week and it cranked fine but would not fire. Tried to start it untill the battery drained. Went back to it last night with tools and vagcom. Put jump leads on it and connected vag-com showed...
  12. D

DIN standard for rapeseed oil

The DIN quality standard has been officially released:- "Pure rapeseed oil now in standard quality Starting from 1 July 2006 the preliminary standard DIN V 51605 is available for rapeseed oil fuel. According to data of the Bavarian Ministry Of Agriculture thereby rapeseed oil stands as...
  13. D

Unusal project tuning TDi AGR engine

Got a bit of a strange project and looking at altering a selection of variables to achieve my goal. I would appreciate you looking at my post to see what you make of it. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...15#post1316715 Best regards Darren Hill
  14. D

Unusal project tuning TDi EGR engine

Unusal project tuning TDi AGR engine Got a bit of a strange project and looking at altering a selection of variables to achieve my goal. I would appreciate you looking at my post to see what you make of it. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...15#post1316715 Best regards Darren Hill Oh...
  15. D

Unusual Tuning Requirements

Got a bit of a strange project and looking at altering a selection of variables to achieve my goal. I would appreciate you looking at my post to see what you make of it. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1316715#post1316715 Best regards Darren Hill
  16. D

OPEN-PPO-TDI or Vegetable Oil Fuelled TDI

Introduction Due to the lack of a production PPO (aka SVO) vehicle I have decided to optimise an existing vehicle for PPO use. Due largely to the standard fitment of many sensors to the VW Audi Group TDi engines and its suitability to run on PPO (A Number of German companies offer single tank...