Search results

1. T

Winter Tyres on Alloy Rims for Golf/Jetta

Marangoni 205/55 R16 94T winter tyres on alloy rims - set of 4- bought from VW dealer. Originally installed on a Golf/Jetta Sportwagen TDI. 8/32" of tread approx. left. Asking $350 Located in Georgetown - can arrange delivery in GTA...
  2. Jetta/Golf Winter tyres

Jetta/Golf Winter tyres

3. T

2011 Golf (Jetta) Sportwagen MT 6 spd.

2011 Golf (Jetta) Sportwagen MT 6 spd- Toronto, Canada Revised price $13,500... Will be trading my VW TDI Sportwagen for a new vehicle very soon and thought I would rather sell it to one of you guys on here (Toronto, Canada area). 2011 - 6 speed manual, 121,000 km, grey paint, moon-roof, **...
  4. T

Sportwagen TDI: hitches, towing trailer etc

Westfalia safety chain Got my local mechanic to weld on a chain link. There is already one loop welded to the towbar- probably for a breakaway cable, but it looked a little weak for what I was towing. Mechanic welded on a hefty chain link and sprayed it black - cost $20... Attached the chains...
  5. T

Sportwagen TDI: hitches, towing trailer etc

Yes, you can tow a trailer..! Just returned from a 950km (590 Miles) camping trip. Hitch is a Westfalia which I installed myself (with grateful thanks to vw_leadfoot) last year. In my opinion the Westfalia hitch is the way to go - designed by German engineers as the OEM towbar! The hitch...
  6. T

Show what you tow!

Towing A camping trailer So - finally got away for a few days camping. Covered 950km (590 Miles). Hitch is a Westfalia which I installed myself (with grateful thanks to vw_leadfoot) last year. For the wiring - I used a Curt 56146 wired to the spare 12v socket in the trunk area. All worked on...
  7. Trailer Towing..!

Trailer Towing..!

8. T

Fuel pump issues but not the HPFP?

TDI Wagen stalled in traffic... Recently I have had the car stall a few times at relatively low speed just after starting in the morning. Thought I was just not paying attention. It took several seconds of cranking the engine to get it to restart though which made me think of HPFP failures...
  9. T

TDI Recall and Stop Sale notice.

Took my 2011 TDI Sportwagen to the Dealer yesterday to have winter tyres installed. Dealer informed me they would also be installing dampers on the fuel lines. I haven't even received the recall notice yet...!
  10. T

Ontario TDi owners listing

Handle Location Skills Vag-com 01) Jetta_Pilot / Toronto / None yet / Y 02) PharoahTDI / Alliston / General / Y 03) kayakkermit / Woodstock / General / Y 04) Kasper / Belleville / general / Y / bentley 05) decan / Toronto / none yet / N / N 06) BlueKnight / Waterloo / General / Y / bentley 07)...
  11. T

TDI vulnerable to EMP?

Top Gear - High voltage "test" Not sure if you guys have seen the TV program "Top Gear". It's a British car program that we get here in Canada. They do some really interesting things to cars including a recent high voltage test on a VW Golf. They parked the Golf under a very high voltage source...
  12. T

how long for delivery on a Golf?

I ordered a 2011 Golf TDI SW (Jetta in U.S.) here in Canada yesterday and was quoted up to 16 weeks if factory order required. My preferred color is platinum grey, which is hard to find according to Dealer.
  13. tyro_rex

tyro_rex