Search results

1. S

Starting Problem

Hi, Help...but please don't suggest I search, I've worn out the search button with this over the last few months. '05 Golf BEW PD auto, 173k miles Usually starts well warm, but first start of the day is getting to be a chore. Temp 70F. Didn't fire even once during the cranking cycle, until it...
  2. S

2005 Golf front pad recommendation?

Hi there, 90k on the original front brake pads...and they're in need of replacement very soon. I love the long service life and these actually stop the car reasonably well too. Can I get some current advice as to what brand/type of pads to replace these with? Some that will offer similar...
  3. S

2005 Golf TDI BEW PD camshaft options

Hi, Well, unfortunately, I'm shopping for a new cam, as the original has multiple worn lobes at 87,000 miles. So, seeking helpful viewpoints on the following: *How long could I expect a replacement cam/follower to last? ....if it's only 87k, then this diesel will soon be finding another home...
  4. S

Syntec in a 2005 Golf TDI BEW PD engine??

Help - Please educate my numb-from-forum-reading mind and blood-shot eyes: '05 Golf TDI BEW PD engine: about to have it's 1st TBWP change at 144,000KM, as per the owner's manual that came with the car. Manual says to use 505.00 oil 5w-40....no mention of 505.01... I've been using Castrol...