Search results

1. J

Loss of power. possible air restriction

Vagcom says my car is requesting ~ 400-800 ml of air but actual is 200-600 ml. Turbo seems fine as I can see the manifold pressure rise to 2000+ mbar. I've cleaned my K&N filter and tried to run with a new paper one. I've also idled the car without a filter in place at all, but still cannot get...
  2. J

Need a new head.

Thanks for the heads up bill.
  3. J

Need a new head.

That's how I purchased it. It won't be in a lift for me to check the crank for about a month. But the price was right, and I didn't want to pass it up. The engine runs and the cam seems to be well oiled. So I'm guessing the kid I bought it from ran it low on oil. And the cam should be the first...
  4. J

[WTB] ALH head.

Cam chewed up my head on my 01 TDI. Looking for a head in solid running order complete or bare.
  5. J

ALH head - needs to be examined

I am also interested. Will send pm shortly.
  6. J

Need a new head.

01 TDI ALH just picked up this car because the price was right, but knew it had an issue with the cam/lifters. While hoping to just replace those, I found that the block needs to be replaced as well. the cam seats in the block are all chewed up. I already have a new cam/lifters and from what i...
  7. J

Help purchasing 01 tdi

I'm looking to purchase my 2nd tdi, an 01 jetta. it has heavy lifter and cam wear. I found it on CL. and the owner states that the cam wore through the lifters. 260k on the motor, and from what i'm gathering here and from my current 02 jetta, that's not the norm. I'm guessing the oil pump is bad...
  8. J

Auto trans stuck in 3rd gear-P0700 DTC

I cleaned, although it was very clean, the TCM plugs under the wiper blades. where is the plug on the tranny exactly?
  9. J

Auto trans stuck in 3rd gear-P0700 DTC

similar issue here. 02 Jetta with 01M same symptoms, small variation though. about 80% of the time i start the car it throws 65535 - Internal Control Module Memory Error 00-00 - - I clear the code and the immediate proceeding scan results in; 1 Fault Found: 00811 - System Not Ready for...
  10. J

Missing bolt help

Thank you Herm for the speedy response. much appreciated :)
  11. J

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

Sounds to me like a leak in your fuel line on the suction side. allowing a steady flow of air bubbles in. Does your rubber fuel line look wet? it doesn't necessarily leak fuel, like i said i think it's the suction side so fuel wouldn't come out it would let air in, however when the engine is...
  12. J

Sounds to me like a leak in your fuel line on the suction side. allowing a steady flow of air bubbles in. Does your rubber fuel line look wet? it doesn't necessarily leak fuel, like i said i think it's the suction side so fuel wouldn't come out it would let air in, however when the engine is...
  13. J

Thank you for putting a great guide together got me out of limp mode, slamming a full 90hp now :)
  14. J

Thank you for putting a great guide together got me out of limp mode, slamming a full 90hp now :)
  15. J

Missing bolt help

Snapped a Timing belt a few months back, bent valves, yadda yadda yadda. I did all the work myself, got the car back together and it runs, YAY! Somewhere along the way i misplaced the bolt that holds down the turbo to the block near the oil return line on the underside of the turbo. I assume it...
  16. J

Who has a Vag-com, scan tool, and where?

I have VCDS / Vagcom cable hex-usb+can I'm not a pro with it, but i know my way around the software well enough. Most of everything you need if for you can find detailed instructions on these forums to use it. I'm located in Woodstock, IL. If you need a scan you can hit me up with an email...
  17. J

Blower motor resistors

My blower motor is acting very flaky. Working when it wants to and not when i want it to. I recently rebuilt the motor itself checked the brushes and bearings, all that seems just fine and the motor turns when i hook 12v to it on the bench. So i'm starting to think that the resistor pack might...
  18. J

Whats next?

Forgive my ignorance, but how would one doo that?
  19. J

Whats next?

I cleared that one fault code 01176 - Key ~ 65-10 - Unauthorized - Intermittent Removed the key i have KNOWN to run my car, reinserted and turned the car on and it tripped the same fault code. This means it "forgot" the key codes? Measuring block 17-Instruments 22-1 : 0 1= Yes...
  20. J

Whats next?

Measuring Blocks Log 17 - Instruments, Fault Codes