Search results

1. pkhoury

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Haha. Well, I didn't get out of the car, but I technically am in the 99th percentile of male height.
  2. pkhoury

Changing gage cluster backlight color

I don't suppose anyone has tried buying LEDs for their cluster anytime recently? The part numbers referenced in this old thread are discontinued. I'm thinking about doing this with a spare cluster I have here, and partially as practice to use my hot air rework gun.
  3. pkhoury

And what I did recently to the Golf... took it to/from Mexico on Thursday to see my dentist again. The customs officer asked me what kind of fuel economy I got out of my Golf and how much it costs to fill up the tank, the Border Patrol agent at the checkpoint on US-90 asked if my license plate...
  4. pkhoury

I'll have to double check when I get a chance and see if it's still seeping oil around #4 sometime during the week. I just remember @alphaseinor always saying that ALL ALH valve covers leaked, even when new. Doesn't really surprise me, though, but I think pretty much every diesel valve cover...
  5. pkhoury

Tie rods are super easy. That's a pretty good deal, I'd say, though with three running ALHs, I don't really need any more cars myself (I only really use two of them on a regular basis, rotating throughout the week). Knock on wood, I hit a deer about two months ago - it bent my front license...
  6. pkhoury

Jetta trunk/licence plate bulb sizes?

Got pulled over last night by the police. Why? One of my LED bulbs was out for my license plate. So I'm glad I found this, because I've had the same issue before (with festoon bulbs that were too long or too short). Thankfully, the officer was super cool and gave me just a warning, and asked me...
  7. pkhoury

What did you do to your MkVI-A6 today?

I might have to try that in the future. For now, I'm just going to get it aligned and get it back to her, so she can try to offload her Rogue.
  8. pkhoury

That must've been a helluva deer. I had one T-bone the driver's side of my 2010 JSW, and it caved in most of the door, but nowhere near as bad as your son's car. I much prefer deer accidents when driving the F-450. I had two deer T-bone me the same night, and believe me, my dogs were happy. 21...
  9. pkhoury

Finally got around to replacing front swaybar links and one outer tierod end on my ex's 2011 JSW. I can't get enough leverage to knock the driver's side tie rod end out, so I might need to put it on a friend's lift or have someone else do it. If I had the funds and it were my car, I would've...
  10. pkhoury

2011 S'wagen - This wasn't supposed to be a project car...

LOL to the pothole comment. I need to find a good pothole to do that to my ex's car, also a 2011 JSW.
  11. pkhoury

Changed my oil in DSOL two days ago. Also was able to take a sledgehammer to my skidplate. In December sometime, I ran over what the local sheriff said was a ratchet from a semi trailer - it sent both myself and the guy behind me airborne about 6 inches, and was a pretty hard hit, because I...
  12. pkhoury

FREE: VW Radios

You never know. Someone else here sent me a free RNS-510 so long as I sent him a label, but it was dead as a doornail (as advertised). I was able to harvest it for parts to fix another RNS-510 I have here, though.
  13. pkhoury

2023 TDIfest/GTG discussion thread

I can't do something like that with a three day notice, though I know you're just joking.
  14. pkhoury

I've definitely noticed a big boost in fuel economy with his tunes, though I have yet to get another revision from him for DSEL. Used to see about 37-38mpg and now I'm consistently seeing 40 and up, which is great for the very hilly country and elevation changes out here.
  15. pkhoury

SOLD 02J With Wavetrac

Haha, still jealous. I have my Wavetrac and two transmissions worth of parts; I don't know when I'll find the time to rebuild to make one good transmission, but that's the key mod missing from DSOL in my sig.
  16. pkhoury

Plus we could do a drive on the three twisted sisters, which starts in Medina (takes me about 40-ish miles to get to Boerne). I think the total drive is like 100 miles or so, unless you start and end in Medina. RR473 is another fun road, though I hydroplanned there a few years ago. Ironically...
  17. pkhoury

I wouldn't balk at that, unless you're thinking my place; I don't think I'll have ennough room for a TDIfest, though I'm more NW of San Antonio. ;-)
  18. pkhoury

Did my 392K service; I only did a single oil analysis with Blackstone, but they said I should be fine with the 12K oil change intervals I've been doing, so yup - 392K. Air filter was a little dirty, but I've seen far worse. Definitely improved performance changing it. And then non-TDI related...
  19. pkhoury

FREE: VW Radios

Shame you don't have any RNS-510's. And like the OP says - codes are pretty easy to get on ebay, though on the RNS-510, there's a Windows-based program that can get the code for you automatically without having to pay for it (requires connecting a serial cable to your computer). Sadly, I already...